'14 GA RB Treyvon Paulk (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Maybe 1% of the people that go to the games have a clue as to who or why Paulk was kicked off the team. The number of women would be much less. Paulk being on the team will have squat to do with ticket sales.

Disappointing if true. Over 10,000 on here for NSD(10 percent of the 102,455). IMO more of you suckers need to get off the couch and be in Neyland on game day. Jmo.

LOL

Maybe 1% of the people that go to the games have a clue as to who or why Paulk was kicked off the team. The number of women would be much less. Paulk being on the team will have squat to do with ticket sales.

Unless of course the media publish a story about it. The local media just loves to put UT in a negative light any chance it gets.

Completely off topic because I've grown tired of this thread, but what offensive numbers were freed up due to graduation/attrition with the newest names that are definitely on the way out?

I wonder how many guys on here who say just walk away have been "attacked" by a woman? A yelling match, yes walk away before your temper is lost to the point of physical retaliation. But there's a difference in a yelling match and one where you're getting slapped, kicked, clawed or whatever. You either stand there and take it, walk away and potentially let them keep hitting you from behind or you try to restrain them or try defending yourself to the point that it's possible you injure them unintentionally. I've never been in that violent of a situation with my wife so I don't know how I'd respond. But it's easy to say what one should do in a situation that one's never experienced.

You bet.

We love to picture women as delicate flowers wearing frilly dresses and perfume, incapable of opening the door for themselves. And some are.

And then there are others. Anyone that has been on the receiving end of a strong woman can attest to the fact that they can lay you out. While attempting to walk away, I have been pummeled from behind. Even a purely defensive posture can result in injury to your female assailant. There could easily have been a scuffle and Paulk could have easily 'hit' her...without remotely being at fault.

Reactions: 2 people
You bet.

We love to picture women as delicate flowers wearing frilly dresses and perfume, incapable of opening the door for themselves. And some are.

And then there are others. Anyone that has been on the receiving end of a strong woman can attest to the fact that they can lay you out. While attempting to walk away, I have been pummeled from behind. Even a purely defensive posture can result in injury to your female assailant. There could easily have been a scuffle and Paulk could have easily 'hit' her...without remotely being at fault.

Had Elliot Berry pulled her off Paulk, and the 2 lady VOLS saw her attack him from behind this situation could have been similar.

Had Elliot Berry pulled her off Paulk, and the 2 lady VOLS saw her attack him from behind this situation could have been similar.

I don't pretend to know what happened, and you shouldn't either. I just know that all of the self-righteous "never hit a woman" crowd have clearly never been on the receiving end of a strong pissed-off woman.

Reactions: 2 people
Wandering into the cross-fire here...

I'd like to see an athlete in this situation, with the "preponderance of evidence" mentioned above (multiple eyewitnesses, medical evidence, etc.) suspended for 365 days from the time of the incident, 366 for leap years, and required to go through intensive and meaningful therapy throughout that year off the field, addressing what it means to be a man and how mature relationships work.

If after a year the suspended athlete has been FULLY compliant with treatment, stays out of any and all trouble, and the treating therapist is allowed to give a candid opinion, he can come back on the team with an incredibly tight leash plus continued therapy to monitor how the return to sports is coming. (No medical redshirt btw, although he probably wouldn't qualify anyway.)

I was struck by the poster above who described how his time in the military taught him that there are other was to live than hitting. I do believe that college coaches have a responsibility to develop athletes as human beings, not just athletes, and dumping them on other programs (which might not bother to address off-field issues) doesn't do a thing for the athlete or his future GF's or wives.

Football is a violent sport, requiring quick and aggressive reactions. Players need to know how to leave that on the field.

The problem with this scenario, of course, is that everyone has to take it deadly seriously; no nod and a wink. It comes down to the personal integrity of the coach, the therapist, and (eventually) the player, or it will just be a sham, and nothing will change. There would also be the question of how bad the actions would have to be before this chance wouldn't be offered.

And I'm a woman, and I would buy tickets and otherwise support a program that took this approach. jmo and all the rest

Reactions: 4 people
I don't pretend to know what happened, and you shouldn't either. I just know that all of the self-righteous "never hit a woman" crowd have clearly never been on the receiving end of a strong pissed-off woman.

Fair enough but we're talking about a 5'8" 200+ lb RB who is strong as hell. And we're not talking about a biker chick that he was trying to restrain.

Wandering into the cross-fire here...

I'd like to see an athlete in this situation, with the "preponderance of evidence" mentioned above (multiple eyewitnesses, medical evidence, etc.) suspended for 365 days from the time of the incident, 366 for leap years, and required to go through intensive and meaningful therapy throughout that year off the field, addressing what it means to be a man and how mature relationships work.

If after a year the suspended athlete has been FULLY compliant with treatment, stays out of any and all trouble, and the treating therapist is allowed to give a candid opinion, he can come back on the team with an incredibly tight leash plus continued therapy to monitor how the return to sports is coming. (No medical redshirt btw, although he probably wouldn't qualify anyway.)

I was struck by the poster above who described how his time in the military taught him that there are other was to live than hitting. I do believe that college coaches have a responsibility to develop athletes as human beings, not just athletes, and dumping them on other programs (which might not bother to address off-field issues) doesn't do a thing for the athlete or his future GF's or wives.

Football is a violent sport, requiring quick and aggressive reactions. Players need to know how to leave that on the field.

The problem with this scenario, of course, is that everyone has to take it deadly seriously; no nod and a wink. It comes down to the personal integrity of the coach, the therapist, and (eventually) the player, or it will just be a sham, and nothing will change. There would also be the question of how bad the actions would have to be before this chance wouldn't be offered.

And I'm a woman, and I would buy tickets and otherwise support a program that took this approach. jmo and all the rest

As much as I have been vocally against Paulk coming back I would agree with this. Too many times these situations are just the teams cutting ties as fast as possible with no intervention. Generally even though the program becomes exempt from any further repercussions, the offender isn't changed nor is their behavior. That doesn't improve society, it just makes him more likely to have the same behavior when faced with a situation like this.

That said I don't know how UT would do something like that and protect themselves. You can have the best intentions and even do the right thing and still get crucified by the media. If you get a kid that goes through all this intervention and you think he changes then it happens again at your school, you get destroyed in the media.

Reactions: 1 person
Fair enough but we're talking about a 5'8" 200+ lb RB who is strong as hell. And we're not talking about a biker chick that he was trying to restrain.

Media publishes a story saying "this is what happened". Paulk is dismissed. VN,"You don't know the facts".

If the media published a story saying, "he did nothing". You think those folks who said "there are no facts" would then point to the media report and say,"SEE"! LOL

Media publishes a story saying "this is what happened". Paulk is dismissed. VN,"You don't know the facts".

If the media published a story saying, "he did nothing". You think those folks who said "there are no facts" would then point to the media report and say,"SEE"! LOL

Brian Williams says Hello.

I can agree with some of the statement that the media and police reports can be inaccurate at times. Not very often are both incorrect but it is possible. That said I see Jones investigating the situation very thoroughly before dismissing a player especially one at a position that we need depth so desperately. So perhaps we don't know the facts of the situation but you can bet that Butch Jones does.

I can agree with some of the statement that the media and police reports can be inaccurate at times. Not very often are both incorrect but it is possible. That said I see Jones investigating the situation very thoroughly before dismissing a player especially one at a position that we need depth so desperately. So perhaps we don't know the facts of the situation but you can bet that Butch Jones does.

I agree with this. I can also in vision the possibility that he made the decision based on all available information at the time and change his view based on more information that could come available as things unfold. Not saying that is the case here but it's possible.

Is there a better place to discuss morals on domestic violence guys? I know it pertains to Pualk but this discussion is like 15 pages deep... If there were any real news on Paulk it would be hard to find in this mess.

Reactions: 5 people

I read in one of the press accounts after the dismissal that CBJ had spoken to several eyewitnesses prior to making his decision. I would say he knows as much as the police and possibly more. He does his homework.

Reactions: 1 person
I read in one of the press accounts after the dismissal that CBJ had spoken to several eyewitnesses prior to making his decision. I would say he knows as much as the police and possibly more. He does his homework.

ALL Seeing----ALL Knowing----Omnipotent------

Butch GETS IT!!!

just saying

I know nothing of the girl, I only know personal experience. The relative pain that a young lady can inflict has more to do with which side of the tracks she is from than how big she is. Tough girl from a tough neighborhood is pound for pound a handful. I have no doubt that Paulk could win it, but without more info we don't know whether this is a Ray Rice situation, or something far less cut and dried.

For the record, I have two daughters. If one of them went Natasha Romanov on an ex, and he responded with an elbow to the choppers, I wouldn't be too hard on the boy. If he broke facial bones in response to her saying something he didn't like or her refusing his advances...well...I got 50 acres and a backhoe.

I know nothing of the girl, I only know personal experience. The relative pain that a young lady can inflict has more to do with which side of the tracks she is from than how big she is. Tough girl from a tough neighborhood is pound for pound a handful. I have no doubt that Paulk could win it, but without more info we don't know whether this is a Ray Rice situation, or something far less cut and dried.

For the record, I have two daughters. If one of them went Natasha Romanov on an ex, and he responded with an elbow to the choppers, I wouldn't be too hard on the boy. If he broke facial bones in response to her saying something he didn't like or her refusing his advances...well...I got 50 acres and a backhoe.

Reported

VN Store

Back