'14 GA RB Treyvon Paulk (UT Signee 2/5/14)

This thread......

cliff-gif.gif

O'Doyle Rules!

Reactions: 1 person
Allegations are just that. If the girl never pressed charges then in the eyes of the law he never committed any wrongdoing. She can say whatever she wants but until she follows through with anything then it's like it never happened.

Question - if you see a man hit a woman and she doesn't press charges - did it happen?

Reactions: 4 people
I'm assuming most of you in this thread would of never drafted Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, TO, or many other NFL players on your fantasy teams huh?

Oh wait that's right, winning in your fantasy league is more important than the integrity of it. Same exact concept.

I drafted Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice and also Steven Ridley, who tore his knee up early in the year. I have no idea how, but my patchwork team still made the playoffs.

Wandering into the cross-fire here...

I'd like to see an athlete in this situation, with the "preponderance of evidence" mentioned above (multiple eyewitnesses, medical evidence, etc.) suspended for 365 days from the time of the incident, 366 for leap years, and required to go through intensive and meaningful therapy throughout that year off the field, addressing what it means to be a man and how mature relationships work.

If after a year the suspended athlete has been FULLY compliant with treatment, stays out of any and all trouble, and the treating therapist is allowed to give a candid opinion, he can come back on the team with an incredibly tight leash plus continued therapy to monitor how the return to sports is coming. (No medical redshirt btw, although he probably wouldn't qualify anyway.)

I was struck by the poster above who described how his time in the military taught him that there are other was to live than hitting. I do believe that college coaches have a responsibility to develop athletes as human beings, not just athletes, and dumping them on other programs (which might not bother to address off-field issues) doesn't do a thing for the athlete or his future GF's or wives.

Football is a violent sport, requiring quick and aggressive reactions. Players need to know how to leave that on the field.

The problem with this scenario, of course, is that everyone has to take it deadly seriously; no nod and a wink. It comes down to the personal integrity of the coach, the therapist, and (eventually) the player, or it will just be a sham, and nothing will change. There would also be the question of how bad the actions would have to be before this chance wouldn't be offered.

And I'm a woman, and I would buy tickets and otherwise support a program that took this approach. jmo and all the rest

I appreciate your thoughts - I've been pondering all of this and think you may be onto something...maybe when a player is working through this process, it should be made known to the rest of the football family (team) so everyone understands there are consequences to actions and there are better choices.

Question - if you see a man hit a woman and she doesn't press charges - did it happen?

I witnessed a guy hit his girlfriend in college.

He later told people that he broke his arm and nose as well as had teeth knocked out when he fell down a flight of stairs drunk. No charges were ever filed against the "flight of stairs".

Statute of limitations for that "fall" are now over. :)

Reactions: 7 people

He later told people that he broke his arm and nose as well as had teeth knocked out when he fell down a flight of stairs drunk. No charges were ever filed against the "flight of stairs".

You gotta be careful on those stairs. They can be dangerous...

Hero - "flight of stairs" would have been mine! :yes:

I'm a little surprised that some reporter hasn't asked about Paulk at one of the press conferences. I guess everyone assumes he is gone.

I'm a little surprised that some reporter hasn't asked about Paulk at one of the press conferences. I guess everyone assumes he is gone.

In the GoVols Audio earlier, Ryan Callahan was asked about the needs for 2016, and he mentioned that RB needs may partly hinge on whether Paulk returned or not. When asked for odds on him returning, RC said around 30% - but he mentioned the response that could be generated due to the AJ/Michael Williams indictments AND Riyahd Jones issue - even though Paulk is "legally" cleared

Anita Benita Chaquita Fanita of the Tennessean will have a field day of writing TN hate articles if we reinstate Paulk. She don't care what's true or not. She will make up some **** if she has to to make it look unsafe on our campus compared to CandyLand on West End

VN Store

Back