'10 WA QB Garrett Grayson

FWIW, even Idaho didn't offer the kid and they are the ultimate laughing stock of the D1 Northwest schools.

I will go ahead and insult you before TennaciousUTfan embarrasses himself. Here is the insult you would be getting from him...

What is your username mean, are you a whoosie?

Why does evryone want Newton. He is a spread QB and a thief. You must be bad to get kicked from UF. Half their team is doing time but still play. We have lamison coming in and then 2 '10 QB's and probably 2 '11 QB's no need to grab him.

He's in a pro style system in JC IIRC.

Are any of yall at the point where you don't care if the kid fits our system perfectly, you just want some kind of QB commit to hang your hat on? If this kid wants to be a Vol, he's obviously not the worst we could do, hand him an offer, let him commit, and at least have a warm body on a depth chart for 2010 other than Stephens.

He has no interest in Idaho. Has Idaho offered Rettig or Scroggins? He has said he wants to play in the SEC. He has said specifically us. But he is talking to other teams. He may end up at a different school maybe a Pac-10 or other. But he would not even return Idaho's phone calls thanks though for being so positive.:eek:k:

The point is that Idaho usually gets the "leftovers" of Washington State U (who got Connor Halliday) and none of the Northwest schools expressed any interest at all, not even Idaho.

so while Grayson may have no interest in Idaho, Idaho could possibly have interest in him if he was good.

Are any of yall at the point where you don't care if the kid fits our system perfectly, you just want some kind of QB commit to hang your hat on? If this kid wants to be a Vol, he's obviously not the worst we could do, hand him an offer, let him commit, and at least have a warm body on a depth chart for 2010 other than Stephens.

I think Stephens is the starter in 2010 regardless of who we sign this year. We could sign Blake Bell and he would still be the starter next season.

I will go ahead and insult you before TennaciousUTfan embarrasses himself. Here is the insult you would be getting from him...

What is your username mean, are you a whoosie?

it actually started when I used my father's aim (he had AOL dial up internet, but didn't use AIM) username and I just got used to it.

But anyway, it's just what it is, a username.

The point is that Idaho usually gets the "leftovers" of Washington State U (who got Connor Halliday) and none of the Northwest schools expressed any interest at all, not even Idaho.

so while Grayson may have no interest in Idaho, Idaho could possibly have interest in him if he was good.

I think Stephens is the starter in 2010 regardless of who we sign this year. We could sign Blake Bell and he would still be the starter next season.

I very much so want someone to perfectly fit our system. Kiffin can coach, we all know that.

No dude. You are talking about a guy who has combine numbers that match or are better then any other QB in the class. I guy with big numbers on the field. And a guy who has objectively beaten the top talent in the class that he has faced in camps.

He loves SEC sports as well. If Idaho called once he would have said no thanks and they would move on. In the end, this guy is going to end up at a decent school. Not saying he makes an SEC squad but if he wants Idaho he could tell them a day before signing day. :hi:

it actually started when I used my father's aim (he had AOL dial up internet, but didn't use AIM) username and I just got used to it.

But anyway, it's just what it is, a username.

I wasn't making fun of you, just getting the ignorant TennaciousUTfan insult out of the way before he embarrassed himself even more.

blake bell wont start untill his RS soph more year at ok, mark it down, he needs alot of work.

but as for grayson, i think we should offer him now and quit the mind games with scroggins, take him out of the drivers seat. if this kid has a hudge year and i expect him to, he will be a 4 star if that kinda thing matters to you and if he played better competiton he could even be a 5 star, ive started watching alot of film on him and im really impressed with what i see, i almost like him better than retting.

blake bell wont start untill his RS soph more year at ok, mark it down, he needs alot of work.

but as for grayson, i think we should offer him now and quit the mind games with scroggins, take him out of the drivers seat. if this kid has a hudge year and i expect him to, he will be a 4 star if that kinda thing matters to you and if he played better competiton he could even be a 5 star, ive started watching alot of film on him and im really impressed with what i see, i almost like him better than retting.

I already did, but he will not attract recruits. At this point we just need to get a QB. I don't think he makes 4 star btw. No chance with the talent he plays could be a 5.7 3 star though. He has already had sick numbers. He can only reinforce them.

No dude. You are talking about a guy who has combine numbers that match or are better then any other QB in the class. I guy with big numbers on the field. And a guy who has objectively beaten the top talent in the class that he has faced in camps.

He loves SEC sports as well. If Idaho called once he would have said no thanks and they would move on. In the end, this guy is going to end up at a decent school. Not saying he makes an SEC squad but if he wants Idaho he could tell them a day before signing day. :hi:

I understand, I've read of the ESPN Combine articles about him, but it's still a bit curious to not see a single offer.

The question for me at this time is whether the Vols have the interest in him.

I understand, I've read of the ESPN Combine articles about him, but it's still a bit curious to not see a single offer.

The question for me at this time is whether the Vols have the interest in him.

I would like to know if they have even watched his film? And yes I am as curious as you are.

I would like to know if they have even watched his film? And yes I am as curious as you are.

Vancouver WA isn't a completely unknown place for Northwest residents. I've only been in the NW for a year and I know of the place within months.

Jake Locker came from Ferdale, which is literally in the middle of nowhere. Ferdale is arguably even less known than Vancouver and Locker was still a nationally recruited prospect.

I already did, but he will not attract recruits. At this point we just need to get a QB. I don't think he makes 4 star btw. No chance with the talent he plays could be a 5.7 3 star though. He has already had sick numbers. He can only reinforce them.

the star ratings dont mean verry much to me though. do they to you ?? i dont think the staff cares to much either, i think they are looking someone they can mold into their guy. and for some reason i see this kid of being the type the afore mentiond could be done with.

Unrated in the last round of rankings, Grayson is clearly at least a three-star prospect and could easily move into the four-star rankings with the proper evaluation. The 6-foot-3, 184-pound dual-threat quarterback recorded a 4.63 40-yard dash and a 37.9 inch vertical leap.

"It's kind of frustrating, because I feel like I'm one of the top quarterbacks in the country, but I feel like I'm kind of hidden because I'm up in the Northwest," Grayson said. "That's why I come to these (camps), to show people I can do well."

Per Rivals... Sounds good...

Now I am not one to toot my own horn but like I said we need to get this guy now. And now. What in the world is there to lose.

an offer and a comitment from grayson could take JS out of the drivers seat also. meaning he would know there is one slot left, i would tell him look at this point we are taking the first 2 guys that remotley fit what we are looking for, and if you miss the train sorry.

So if he is in Louisville then he must be on his way here soon. He said he planned on making it here for an unofficial. Does anyone in this world have info on this?

seems like the timing would be right.

how strong is graysons arm BTW ? little on the weak side? bellow avg, avg? above avg? outstanding? im guessing avg sence he was the most accurate in the E11, if he had the arm/accuracy and the smarts i guess he would be gone.

an offer and a comitment from grayson could take JS out of the drivers seat also. meaning he would know there is one slot left, i would tell him look at this point we are taking the first 2 guys that remotley fit what we are looking for, and if you miss the train sorry.

He has a Division I frame and he's clearly put in significant time in the weight room. He has quick feet, a strong release and enough zip on the ball to complete passes 30-40 yards down the field.

Hope this answers your question...

Here the info I found on him from Rivals:

Grayson showed his accuracy and command for his passing game Saturday. He was very good in everything his did, including his drops, and his passes had plenty of velocity and spin.

With every pass Saturday, more and more observers were impressed with his game. Some of the highly-ranked quarterbacks at the event said Grayson was the most impressive on the day and most were shocked to find out that Grayson is still searching for his first scholarship offer.- Las Vegas Camp

Vancouver (Wash.) Heritage quarterback Garrett Grayson was voted the MVP at his position. He not only performed admirably during the NIKE Combine on Friday, (4.13-second shuttle, 4.63 40-yard dash, 37.9-inch vertical), but he also showcased a strong arm and accuracy during the NIKE Camp.

The NIKE Camp could be the stage to catapult his recruitment. While the camp did not have a huge number of top performers, Grayson did stand out with his throwing efficiency and athleticism.- Oregon Nike Camp

Last edited:
LV, any word on him visiting. In the Scout article says he wants to come down. Well he is here in area. I have to believe if we have any interest the coaches are gonna meet him knoxville this week no?

VN Store

Back