'10 WA QB Garrett Grayson

espn at elite 11...

One player that really opened up a lot of eyes was Garrett Grayson (Vancouver, Wash./Heritage). Grayson was the QB MVP at the NIKE Camp in Oregon a few weeks ago and looked even better in Vegas. One of the biggest mysteries out West this year is why does a player with Grayson's ability not have a single scholarship offer.

At 6-2, 195 pounds, Grayson has one of the most athletic quarterback body's you'll see and is a tremendous athlete. He had the top SPARQ Rating at the NIKE Combine in Portland where he clocked a 4.63-40 and jumped almost 38 inches in the vertical. He threw for 2,900 yards and 26 touchdowns and showed in Vegas he has all the physical tools to play and excel at the next level.

Grayson can make all the throws and has a strong, accurate arm. He won the Golden Gun Accuracy Challenge at the end of the camp as the most accurate quarterback of the day and when you look at his frame, arm strength and ability to move around, his upside is tremendous.

If we do go the JUCO route, I would love to have this kid as a project to take the healm in a couple years. I just can't see this kid being ready as a true fresh or true soph.

Something about his arm motion seems off... is the Elite 11 throwing without pads on? I just can't believe he would be that accurate the way he seems to sling it.

I thought this kid looked pretty awesome he is probably 6'1 or 6'2 but not short. He seemed very accurate from his film. Can throw from different positions with amazing accuracy if you ask me. He seemed to fail to plant into some throws and under throw deep receivers that were wide open almost like he is excited when he sees the guy and just throws it up there but hey we have a guy who out guns them now cuz he is excited.

Under 20 yards this guy is sick. He does look fast for a QB with good vision as a runner. In fact he looks like a better runner then Scroggins. They are actually similar. Scroggins is more cold in the pocket or relaxed you might say and perhaps looks to pass more. Although Scroggins is slower then this guy it seems. They are both very accurate dangerous QBs under 20 yards. The one thing that differs most is the competition level and the hype. But yeah he is my 2 now, he looks better then Rettig.

I thought this kid looked pretty awesome he is probably 6'1 or 6'2 but not short. He seemed very accurate from his film. Can throw from different positions with amazing accuracy if you ask me. He seemed to fail to plant into some throws and under throw deep receivers that were wide open almost like he is excited when he sees the guy and just throws it up there but hey we have a guy who out guns them now cuz he is excited.

Under 20 yards this guy is sick. He does look fast for a QB with good vision as a runner. In fact he looks like a better runner then Scroggins. They are actually similar. Scroggins is more cold in the pocket or relaxed you might say and perhaps looks to pass more. Although Scroggins is slower then this guy it seems. They are both very accurate dangerous QBs under 20 yards. The one thing that differs most is the competition level and the hype. But yeah he is my 2 now, he looks better then Rettig.

I think that is a really good assessment. Kid is money under 20 yards. Do not think that he is a starter as a freshman, but could develop into a good QB.

Says he was measured at 6 ft 2.3 inches at the army combine. Same 40 time at that combine as Brunetti, but had a better vertical by a few inches and was almost half a second faster in the shuttle.

I think this kid is fast, strong, athletic. However, I dont see Brady Quinn when I watch his films. I see more of a Alex Smith from Utah. Saying that he looks like Brady Quinn to me is a stretch. I do think if we give the kid a scholly sit him on the bench 1 year so that he can get some tutolage from David Reeves to fix his mechanics and then I believe this kid could be a top tier QB in the SEC. I also think he could use some bulking up too, maybe put on 15 or 20 pounds. If all of those things happen, then i believe the kid could be the next Tennessee NFL QB. jmo.

My list is like this
1. Jesse Scroggins- I'm not really sold on him being the next Jason Campbell. I guelss we will see though.
2. Garrett Grayson
3.Chase Rettig- I think this kid has great mechanics but, I think because of the type of style they ran at his former high school he never really got the chance to shine. I think this fall we're going to see amazing things though, and then he may shoot up ahead of Jesse and JAKE to be number 2 behind Phillip Sims. JMO

So I’ve viewed his several minute long video of him on rivals and............

Dude is a stud IMO. He has great pocket awareness, and appears to have good foot work. He can feel the pressure while keeping his eyes downfield, and he uses the pump fake very well. Sorta reminded me of Peyton with the colts. You know, how he uses that short yardage pump fake and then goes downfield.

He's elusive too. He broke several runs for TD's in his video. I'd take him.

70+ completion percentage, and good athlete. If he's lazy, it probably means he's either non-explosive, or just extremely poised. If he wins games, I'd go for the latter.

If we do go the JUCO route, I would love to have this kid as a project to take the healm in a couple years. I just can't see this kid being ready as a true fresh or true soph.

Something about his arm motion seems off... is the Elite 11 throwing without pads on? I just can't believe he would be that accurate the way he seems to sling it.

Yeah, I'm with you....his arm movement just seemed awkward in the video on the second page. Weird.

Well he is very accurate in the Video for those questioning it. I mean it may be akward to some but the results are evident. Under 20 yards he is on the money about every time in the video. Only a couple deep throws were off.

If he's accurate, does it really matter about his throwing motion? If he can complete a good portion of his passes, I don't care if his motion looks like a noodle tossing a pea.

man he is average at best from what I saw

no zip on throws....decent mobility...side arm delivery....floats almost every pass

Rettig looks like a much greater prospect

does appear to be quite accurate though

man he is average at best from what I saw

no zip on throws....decent mobility...side arm delivery....floats almost every pass

Rettig looks like a much greater prospect

does appear to be quite accurate though

After seeing video of him and Rettig my desire for getting Scroggins here went up exponentially...

It's not even close between he and those two

VN Store

Back