'10 WA QB Garrett Grayson

I can't find any info that says we've actually made verbal contact with him. All we've done, that I can find so far, is send him letters...

i dont wana freak out in july about a 10 Qb, but it is the most important pos on the field, so i think it will be a big mistake if they dont offer him while he is there.

In regards to an earlier thread asking QB Garrett Grayson from Vancouver, Washington, he was in town today for an unofficial visit and we will have a bit more on the trip and his status as a target a little later.

This came from Rob Lewis... Huge news on the Grayson front...

Hells Yeah....

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::td::td::td:

:baloon::baloon::baloon:

Vancouver WA isn't a completely unknown place for Northwest residents. I've only been in the NW for a year and I know of the place within months.

Jake Locker came from Ferdale, which is literally in the middle of nowhere. Ferdale is arguably even less known than Vancouver and Locker was still a nationally recruited prospect.

Um... no argument there. I have known of Vancouver since I was like 10... never heard of Ferdale, you could have just made that up.

Actually, they play Evergreen (state champ 04) every year in-league and beat them last year in overtime. They also played the state runner-ups and lost. Garrett had a monster game in both.

Actually, they play Evergreen (state champ 04) every year in-league and beat them last year in overtime. They also played the state runner-ups and lost. Garrett had a monster game in both.

I stand corrected but I am basing my basic educated guess on the fact they play in 4A true that is the highest. In their division not one team is in top 25 ranking for state. I think the team they lost to in tourney was only top ranked team they played for that year. They were 6. I am just saying from an outsiders perspective it seems they did not play the big boys. Online though it does look like Evergreen is a traditional powerhouse just not that year.

Um... no argument there. I have known of Vancouver since I was like 10... never heard of Ferdale, you could have just made that up.

Well, I'm not sure if you're referring to the right Vancouver.

The well known Vancouver is the one in British Columbia, Canada. That's the famous one (probably the one you know). Vancouver, Washington is one of the more isolated places.

Even before college, I've been to Vancouver, BC to see my grandparents, but I've never knew of a "second" Vancouver in WA until I knew the place last year.

And my bad, it's Ferndale. Missed a "n". Still, you're right, I would have never remembered that name if I didn't actually drive by that place and noticed "HEY, this is where Jake Locker played at."

Well, I'm not sure if you're referring to the right Vancouver.

The well known Vancouver is the one in British Columbia, Canada. That's the famous one (probably the one you know). Vancouver, Washington is one of the more isolated places.

Even before college, I've been to Vancouver, BC to see my grandparents, but I've never knew of a "second" Vancouver in WA until I knew the place last year.

And my bad, it's Ferndale. Missed a "n". Still, you're right, I would have never remembered that name if I didn't actually drive by that place and noticed "HEY, this is where Jake Locker played at."

I used to live in Salem, OR, and would go to fishing on the Columbia river between Portland and Vancouver... still never heard of Ferdale till today.

Then why not take Grayson now. He will commit on the spot as far as we know. He has said openly he is a UT fan and a Peyton fan. He wears 18 cuz of Peyton. He is spending his own money to come here and sell himself. And the hype has started on him. I mean he has performed on the field etc. LWS would you bag this guy? Baty is looking around I think if we offer he still waits it out. Mason wants offer from UGA from what I read. This guy is all orange. So just curious would you offer him?

Then why not take Grayson now. He will commit on the spot as far as we know. He has said openly he is a UT fan and a Peyton fan. He wears 18 cuz of Peyton. He is spending his own money to come here and sell himself. And the hype has started on him. I mean he has performed on the field etc. LWS would you bag this guy? Baty is looking around I think if we offer he still waits it out. Mason wants offer from UGA from what I read. This guy is all orange. So just curious would you offer him?

I'm not LWS, but my opinion is 50/50 on Grayson vs Baty. Baty obviously strengthens the pipeline Palardy started in a talent rich school... so even though I think Grayson is the better QB of the 2, I think I might prefer Baty.

I'm not LWS, but my opinion is 50/50 on Grayson vs Baty. Baty obviously strengthens the pipeline Palardy started in a talent rich school... so even though I think Grayson is the better QB of the 2, I think I might prefer Baty.

Well we can get Grayson and recruit Baty. Baty will be there one year it is not like he knows these kids well.

Threw for 3,000 yards and 30 TDs as a junior in 2008 en route to earning league MVP and All-Region honors. As a sophomore in 2007, he completed 182 of 255 passes for 2,880 yards, 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 10 games; was named all league and all region. Very athletic athletic -- 37 inch vertical leap and league champion in the 110 and 300 meter hurdles.

-Scout...

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect broke the 4A career yardage record nine games into last season, and sits just under 6,000 yards for his career.

-Rivals...

Grayson says his top schools include USC, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas, Oregon and Oklahoma. So what does he like about each school?

"Tennessee is just a place that I think anyone should want to play at, I mean who wouldn't want to play in front of 104,000 fans." - August 2008 Rivals article

Here's a little more info on him. Looks like he's had his eye on UT for a while...

VN Store

Back