‘Post-Racial’ America Starts with Two-Parent Black Families

Caculator

No sane person wants to live on planet of the apes
Anti-Woke Black Leader: ‘Post-Racial’ America Starts with Two-Parent Black Families
156047053_5057995757604529_4753815737120959899_n-640x480.png
Facebook/Kendall A. Qualls
DR. SUSAN BERRY24 Nov 202112
6:43
An anti-woke black leader denounced the pervasion of racial identity in the country’s culture and urged Americans to achieve a “post-racial” state by encouraging a return to two-parent black families.
At an event sponsored in early November by the Liberty Classical Academy, Minnesota-based TakeCharge President Kendall Qualls addressed the issue of “Envisioning a Post Racial America,” and moving the nation beyond its current laser focus on racial identity.

Qualls, who speaks out regularly against Critical Race Theory, observed that on the day Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated, he was five years old, and “at that time, nearly 80 percent of black children were born in two-parent families”:
In my lifetime, we have seen the black community transformed from 80 percent two-parent families to 80 percent fatherless homes, without one national initiative to reverse the trend. If the American black family was a spotted owl or grey wolf, it would be on the endangered species list. There would be a national campaign to save the black family. There’d be galas, commercials, bumper stickers … My friends, what has happened in the black community is nothing short of a cultural genocide, and it’s the cause of 90 percent of the problems that we face in our communities. Not the mystical systemic racism. This is not the dream that Martin Luther King had in mind, and it’s been a nightmare for children. born during this time. We have been used as political pawns for 50 years and it ends tonight.​

The black leader noted to his audience that, while Americans are today “bombarded with messages, that the country is overflowing with white supremacy, systemic racism,” the truth is “we’re actually living in the least racist period in our country’s history:”
But if you listen exclusively to news media, the entertainment industry and what I like to call the academic industrial complex, you would never know the real truth. That this is the least racist period in our country’s history in one of the least racist countries in the world. So having lived through the Jim Crow South, my parents and grandparents would have loved to have grown up in the America that I grew up in.​
Qualls explained that, even within his own family of origin, a great contrast exists in the lives of his and his wife’s children and those of some of his siblings:
My children are the only ones that grew up with both a mother and a father in the home. Half their cousins have never finished high school. None have gone on to college. Half my nephews have been incarcerated. My nieces are mothers of children, having never been married. So, how do we explain these differences? Was the systemic racism built into American society? Or was it something else? Well, here you have two tales from the same family, same skin color, yet the disparities are quite broad.​
Qualls said that, while he grew up first in Harlem in New York City, and then in a trailer park in Oklahoma, where he was often called “ghetto kid” and “trailer trash,” he was motivated to get an education, which he called “the great equalizer.”
Ultimately, he began a marketing career in the healthcare industry, where, at 36 years old, he became responsible for a $94 million budget.
“Trust me, I tell people all the time, I’m no one exceptional,” Qualls told his audience. “I live in an exceptional country. And I serve an exceptional God. A story like mine can happen … only in America, but it’s happened to millions of people in this country.”

He said his experience is a stark example of how America has changed:

I know what systemic racism is. My parents and grandparents lived through systemic racism. I did not. Over the course of my life … I received help from people, personally and professionally, that didn’t look like me. I received help from people who were black and white, rich and poor, male and female, from all over the country. They helped out of the goodness of their hearts. How do I know that? Because I had nothing to give them … Americans routinely help people who are trying to better their lot in life, and they don’t put a racial filter on it.​
“If you look for racism in this country, you’ll find it,” Qualls emphasized. “But if you look for opportunity, you’ll find it 100 times over.”
He invited his audience to observe that many native-born black Americans are “blinded by the tears of anger, mistrust, and misunderstanding,” in contrast to the black Americans who have legally immigrated to the United States from the Caribbean Islands and African nations such as Nigeria.
“They earn significantly more than native born black Americans,” Qualls explained. “They achieve higher levels of education. And they are living the American Dream that civil rights leaders desired for us.”
“Many of these new citizens came to the country with intact families, which helped them with achievement and integration,” he added. “But another reason they’ve had success is they haven’t been indoctrinated by years of anti-white, anti-American, and anti-capitalist hatred.”

Qualls urged black Americans to “reconcile with the sins of our nation, re-establish two-parent families, rebuild our culture, and join other Americans around the table of prosperity as fellow citizens of this great country.”
He recommended black Americans begin this transformation by “tapping into the strength of our cultural roots of the black culture, which is linked to our Christian faith”:
Forgiveness is the cornerstone for Christianity. Just as God extends forgiveness to us in Christ, we are called to forgive others. As we take steps to forgive our country for the sins of slavery, Jim Crow laws, and many other forms of bigotry that followed, the heavy burden of bitterness, anger, resentment will be lifted from our shoulders. Our eyes will be open to clearly see the path forward, allowing us to focus on what’s best for our future, and the future of our children.​
“I want to be clear: to forgive is an act of strength, not weakness,” Qualls asserted.
“We cannot continue forth as a healthy nation, thinking we are living in two separate Americas, and pitting groups of people against each other,” he emphasized. “It is unsustainable, and it is un-American.”
“We must come together with a renewed hope in our future,” he said, “by returning to trusted foundational values that can see us through a post-racial America, foundational values and behaviors that have weathered the test of time, which include personal responsibility, strong work ethic, pride in one’s nation, faith, two-parent families, and a first-rate education that allows anyone, and yes, I do mean anyone, to achieve their dreams.”

I don't know of the dude but I wholeheartedly agree with his message here.

Unfortunately this man will be attacked and degraded by the race baiters.
It is either insanity by doing the same things and expecting different results, OR, they really don't care and just want the power and money as a result of the division

Anti-Woke Black Leader: ‘Post-Racial’ America Starts with Two-Parent Black Families
156047053_5057995757604529_4753815737120959899_n-640x480.png
Facebook/Kendall A. Qualls
DR. SUSAN BERRY24 Nov 202112
6:43
An anti-woke black leader denounced the pervasion of racial identity in the country’s culture and urged Americans to achieve a “post-racial” state by encouraging a return to two-parent black families.
At an event sponsored in early November by the Liberty Classical Academy, Minnesota-based TakeCharge President Kendall Qualls addressed the issue of “Envisioning a Post Racial America,” and moving the nation beyond its current laser focus on racial identity.

Qualls, who speaks out regularly against Critical Race Theory, observed that on the day Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated, he was five years old, and “at that time, nearly 80 percent of black children were born in two-parent families”:
In my lifetime, we have seen the black community transformed from 80 percent two-parent families to 80 percent fatherless homes, without one national initiative to reverse the trend. If the American black family was a spotted owl or grey wolf, it would be on the endangered species list. There would be a national campaign to save the black family. There’d be galas, commercials, bumper stickers … My friends, what has happened in the black community is nothing short of a cultural genocide, and it’s the cause of 90 percent of the problems that we face in our communities. Not the mystical systemic racism. This is not the dream that Martin Luther King had in mind, and it’s been a nightmare for children. born during this time. We have been used as political pawns for 50 years and it ends tonight.​

The black leader noted to his audience that, while Americans are today “bombarded with messages, that the country is overflowing with white supremacy, systemic racism,” the truth is “we’re actually living in the least racist period in our country’s history:”
But if you listen exclusively to news media, the entertainment industry and what I like to call the academic industrial complex, you would never know the real truth. That this is the least racist period in our country’s history in one of the least racist countries in the world. So having lived through the Jim Crow South, my parents and grandparents would have loved to have grown up in the America that I grew up in.​
Qualls explained that, even within his own family of origin, a great contrast exists in the lives of his and his wife’s children and those of some of his siblings:
My children are the only ones that grew up with both a mother and a father in the home. Half their cousins have never finished high school. None have gone on to college. Half my nephews have been incarcerated. My nieces are mothers of children, having never been married. So, how do we explain these differences? Was the systemic racism built into American society? Or was it something else? Well, here you have two tales from the same family, same skin color, yet the disparities are quite broad.​
Qualls said that, while he grew up first in Harlem in New York City, and then in a trailer park in Oklahoma, where he was often called “ghetto kid” and “trailer trash,” he was motivated to get an education, which he called “the great equalizer.”
Ultimately, he began a marketing career in the healthcare industry, where, at 36 years old, he became responsible for a $94 million budget.
“Trust me, I tell people all the time, I’m no one exceptional,” Qualls told his audience. “I live in an exceptional country. And I serve an exceptional God. A story like mine can happen … only in America, but it’s happened to millions of people in this country.”

I know what systemic racism is. My parents and grandparents lived through systemic racism. I did not. Over the course of my life … I received help from people, personally and professionally, that didn’t look like me. I received help from people who were black and white, rich and poor, male and female, from all over the country. They helped out of the goodness of their hearts. How do I know that? Because I had nothing to give them … Americans routinely help people who are trying to better their lot in life, and they don’t put a racial filter on it.​
“If you look for racism in this country, you’ll find it,” Qualls emphasized. “But if you look for opportunity, you’ll find it 100 times over.”
He invited his audience to observe that many native-born black Americans are “blinded by the tears of anger, mistrust, and misunderstanding,” in contrast to the black Americans who have legally immigrated to the United States from the Caribbean Islands and African nations such as Nigeria.
“They earn significantly more than native born black Americans,” Qualls explained. “They achieve higher levels of education. And they are living the American Dream that civil rights leaders desired for us.”
“Many of these new citizens came to the country with intact families, which helped them with achievement and integration,” he added. “But another reason they’ve had success is they haven’t been indoctrinated by years of anti-white, anti-American, and anti-capitalist hatred.”

Qualls urged black Americans to “reconcile with the sins of our nation, re-establish two-parent families, rebuild our culture, and join other Americans around the table of prosperity as fellow citizens of this great country.”
He recommended black Americans begin this transformation by “tapping into the strength of our cultural roots of the black culture, which is linked to our Christian faith”:
Forgiveness is the cornerstone for Christianity. Just as God extends forgiveness to us in Christ, we are called to forgive others. As we take steps to forgive our country for the sins of slavery, Jim Crow laws, and many other forms of bigotry that followed, the heavy burden of bitterness, anger, resentment will be lifted from our shoulders. Our eyes will be open to clearly see the path forward, allowing us to focus on what’s best for our future, and the future of our children.​
“I want to be clear: to forgive is an act of strength, not weakness,” Qualls asserted.
“We cannot continue forth as a healthy nation, thinking we are living in two separate Americas, and pitting groups of people against each other,” he emphasized. “It is unsustainable, and it is un-American.”
“We must come together with a renewed hope in our future,” he said, “by returning to trusted foundational values that can see us through a post-racial America, foundational values and behaviors that have weathered the test of time, which include personal responsibility, strong work ethic, pride in one’s nation, faith, two-parent families, and a first-rate education that allows anyone, and yes, I do mean anyone, to achieve their dreams.”

People have been pontificating about this for decades, yet nothing has changed, and will not change. The black culture is simply not conducive to creating a two parent household.

I realize almost every thread I touch becomes incendiary because I have a different perspective than the majority of you and I am sure this one will be no different. But I find articles such as these incredibly disingenuous to the issues many AAs face.
White single households have increased as well but the wealth gap has not decreased. Does more support help a child be successful? Absolutely! Many of us also come from broken homes with both parents which did us no favors. My point is the issue isn’t as simple as this interesting fella describes.

In my lifetime, we have seen the black community transformed from 80 percent two-parent families to 80 percent fatherless homes, without one national initiative to reverse the trend.
Unfortunately, those who like to solely blame AAs for their place in this country will misinterpret the above. There are many reasons for this “trend.”
Not the mystical systemic racism. This is not the dream that Martin Luther King had in mind, and it’s been a nightmare for children. born during this time. We have been used as political pawns for 50 years and it ends tonight.
This statement goes against the below statement. And really the entire article. MLK references such as these should be outlawed.
“we’re actually living in the least racist period in our country’s history:”
Least racial does not equal “post racial.”
My children are the only ones that grew up with both a mother and a father in the home. Half their cousins have never finished high school. None have gone on to college. Half my nephews have been incarcerated. My nieces are mothers of children, having never been married. So, how do we explain these differences? Was the systemic racism built into American society? Or was it something else? Well, here you have two tales from the same family, same skin color, yet the disparities are quite broad.
This is very disingenuous. He paints the picture as if there is one sole reason for failure and success.
I know what systemic racism is. My parents and grandparents lived through systemic racism. I did not. Over the course of my life … I received help from people, personally and professionally, that didn’t look like me. I received help from people who were black and white, rich and poor, male and female, from all over the country. They helped out of the goodness of their hearts. How do I know that? Because I had nothing to give them … Americans routinely help people who are trying to better their lot in life, and they don’t put a racial filter on it.
I’d love to hear what he thinks systemic racism is. Was a switch flipped in the past 20 years that the rest of the AAs missed?
He just described one of many components of systematic racism 🤷‍♂️
Why does he think there is hatred? Mistrust? Fear? Couldn‘t have appeared out of thin air.
Most AAs want equality. But it will take substantial help or several generations to achieve that goal.

People have been pontificating about this for decades, yet nothing has changed, and will not change. The black culture is simply not conducive to creating a two parent household.
Dumb and racist conclusion. Not surprised considering the source.

Reactions: TN Ribs
I realize almost every thread I touch becomes incendiary because I have a different perspective than the majority of you and I am sure this one will be no different. But I find articles such as these incredibly disingenuous to the issues many AAs face.
White single households have increased as well but the wealth gap has not decreased. Does more support help a child be successful? Absolutely! Many of us also come from broken homes with both parents which did us no favors. My point is the issue isn’t as simple as this interesting fella describes.

Unfortunately, those who like to solely blame AAs for their place in this country will misinterpret the above. There are many reasons for this “trend.”

This statement goes against the below statement. And really the entire article. MLK references such as these should be outlawed.

This is very disingenuous. He paints the picture as if there is one sole reason for failure and success.

I’d love to hear what he thinks systemic racism is. Was a switch flipped in the past 20 years that the rest of the AAs missed?

Why does he think there is hatred? Mistrust? Fear? Couldn‘t have appeared out of thin air.

Most AAs want equality. But it will take substantial help or several generations to achieve that goal.
This guy is just another black face on white supremacy

Reactions: BayVol7

Can you clarify equality?
Because it once meant equal opportunity. Today more and more people are fighting for equal outcomes. If the outcomes are not equal, clearly Racism, Sexism, or some other Ism is the answer as to why.

I’ve read several of your post. As someone who grew up in predominantly black neighborhoods, I would share this with you. To think that Black people in America need some sort of special treatment in order to flourish is probably the most racist thought a non-black person can have. If opportunities are not available, and you truly want to help, provide them. Walking around in a victim parade or advertising for an organization as corrupt as BLM isn’t going to produce the generational change you are seeking.

Can you clarify equality?
Because it once meant equal opportunity. Today more and more people are fighting for equal outcomes. If the outcomes are not equal, clearly Racism, Sexism, or some other Ism is the answer as to why.

I’ve read several of your post. As someone who grew up in predominantly black neighborhoods, I would share this with you. To think that Black people in America need some sort of special treatment in order to flourish is probably the most racist thought a non-black person can have. If opportunities are not available, and you truly want to help, provide them. Walking around in a victim parade or advertising for an organization as corrupt as BLM isn’t going to produce the generational change you are seeking.
Sure. Thanks for asking. My father agreed with your sentiment initially, but he is proof that hard-work does not cure all that ails. What I mean by equality is that it is desired it in all facets, not just opportunity. The requirement/request of help has nothing to do with intellect. We live in a capitalist society that significantly rewards head-starts. AAs are the minority here with a reputation that veers to the negative in a lot of capacities. Just look at this thread. There are generations worth of mistrust, fear, misunderstanding, and miscommunication between white and black people. We were recently more divided than anytime during my adulthood. It shouldn’t be only on one race to heal. It will take conscious actions from all parties until there is true equality.

Sure. Thanks for asking. My father agreed with your sentiment initially, but he is proof that hard-work does not cure all that ails. What I mean by equality is that it is desired it in all facets, not just opportunity. The requirement/request of help has nothing to do with intellect. We live in a capitalist society that significantly rewards head-starts. AAs are the minority here with a reputation that veers to the negative in a lot of capacities. Just look at this thread. There are generations worth of mistrust, fear, misunderstanding, and miscommunication between white and black people. We were recently more divided than anytime during my adulthood. It shouldn’t be only on one race to heal. It will take conscious actions from all parties until there is true equality.

But AA’s are not the minority. Of the 4 main groups that make up over 95% of the population(Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians) the Asians in America are the minority making up around 6% of the population. Yet, this group thrives in America. I know the rebuttal will be dominated by the “consequences of slavery” talking points. However, in my opinion, the biggest barriers to human flourishing within the black community come down to a reliance on the democrat party that exploits them at every turn. As well as a culture that has gotten away from the traditional family model (as the article in this thread details) and an emphasis on education.

I see this within my own family. My side=1 parent household, uneducated therefore poverty stricken for most of my life. Wife’s side= 2 parent household, educated, not rich but never really struggled either.

I’m not trying to oversimplify a complex subject. I am saying some things are just that simple. There is a reason Asian and Jewish families thrive in America, despite being such a minority, while still facing a fair amount of racism/antisemitism. Family dynamics and a premium on education within the culture.

But AA’s are not the minority. Of the 4 main groups that make up over 95% of the population(Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians) the Asians in America are the minority making up around 6% of the population. Yet, this group thrives in America. I know the rebuttal will be dominated by the “consequences of slavery” talking points. However, in my opinion, the biggest barriers to human flourishing within the black community come down to a reliance on the democrat party that exploits them at every turn. As well as a culture that has gotten away from the traditional family model (as the article in this thread details) and an emphasis on education.

I see this within my own family. My side=1 parent household, uneducated therefore poverty stricken for most of my life. Wife’s side= 2 parent household, educated, not rich but never really struggled either.

I’m not trying to oversimplify a complex subject. I am saying some things are just that simple. There is a reason Asian and Jewish families thrive in America, despite being such a minority, while still facing a fair amount of racism/antisemitism. Family dynamics and a premium on education within the culture.
You ought to check how some some recent African immigrant families (like Nigerians) do here in the US, too.

On a serious note this is a great site if you want to see truly intelligent black people working to counter the idiots at BLM and preachers of CRT.

Welcome to 1776 Unites | A movement FOR America
1776 Unites maintains a special focus on voices in the black community who celebrate black excellence, reject victimhood culture, and showcase the millions of black Americans who have prospered by embracing the founding ideals of America.

Reject Victimhood culture!

I’m telling ya brother, this stuff devours people like cancer. Regardless of race, reject victimhood culture!

LBJ guaranteed that the black community will always be single parent households.

Who would argue that two parent families aren't better than one parent families? This is hardly a breakthrough.
I agree but I don’t think that’s the point. Pushing for Two-parents in the home is not usually the popular solution to solving societal problems even though we all agree Two is better than One. Rather more government intervention seems to be the preferred method. I think the author of the article is just arguing for a more intense focus on this particular solution.

It’s kind of like the Heart disease/Obesity problem in America. The popular solutions are better access to healthcare, universal healthcare, free healthcare etc. when the focus should be on the actual solution…stop eating Wendy’s Triple Stacks twice a day, drink water, and get your heart rate up through regular exercise. Could you imagine a politician running on that message? Yet that’s the solution. Hardly a breakthrough though.

I think it can be more accurately put as "inner city culture" is not conducive to creating a two parent household. Same can be said for poor white trailer park neighborhoods scattered across this country. You can thank the Democrats for this and their failed war on poverty for breeding sloth, crime, and apathy. This is the main factor in destroying family units and creating the toxic inner city culture we see..

I personally know black people who are just like me. Raised in the country, riding dirt bikes and working on the farm growing up. Spending time on the lake catching some bass. They are family men and women. We are generally products of our environments....not all of us, but a lot of us.

VN Store

Back