‘23 PA SF Justin Edwards

Their NIL offer isn’t much different than ours, it’s the Alabama/Georgia model in football, when you are those schools you are often times the “dream school” and have always saw them as the highest level/achievement and don’t mind that they were late to the party.

If you’re at a party and Drew Barrymore is hitting on you for 3 hours and Megan Fox walks in and says she wants you to take her home, who you going with?
Depends on which Megan Fox walked in. The one from Transformers #1...yes. The freak she has become since starting rearranging her face...not so much.

Well in all fairness you also suggested the staff wasn’t giving up which it would appear they are if they aren’t going to have Barnes at his games…with the said there’s still a few days left so Barnes may pop up at Peach Jam 🤷🏻‍♂️
Calipari wasn’t there last night either. He was hosting Kingsley. I don’t think the matter is binary. I’m sure the staff knows they’re in a bad spot. That said, I’m sure they haven’t quit trying. Why would they after fifteen months of work?

Reactions: jp1 and Maxwell865
Calipari wasn’t there last night either. He was hosting Kingsley. I don’t think the matter is binary. I’m sure the staff knows they’re in a bad spot. That said, I’m sure they haven’t quit trying. Why would they after fifteen months of work?
Because their time is better served elsewhere…we will see who from Tennessee is at the rest of Edwards games, I’ll be a bit surprised if Barnes is there.

I thought we lost the chance with JHS because we wouldn't promise him a starting spot like IU did?
It was rumored that IU was making that promise while Tennessee wasn't, but I'd venture to guess that may have been the tiebreaker. If JHS was wanting to play PG, he just as easily could have decided Tennessee wasn't for him because we clearly prioritized Wallace over him, and Wallace wants to play PG, too. If we made JHS a priority, the "promise" IU made...which everyone, JHS included, knows isn't concrete...is perhaps less of a factor.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
My whole thing is and you just admitted yourself the last 5 fives stars we signed didn't really come down to Tennessee and Kentucky. Barnes can't grab just any recruit he wants. Losing out on a player every other year to to Cal is nothing to worry about lol. I never insinuated that you were bashing Barnes. Kids do like a FF but yet these 5s and 4s like to play for Ole Rick. Must be the kool-aid

My comment was about Tennessee winning battles with Ky & other blue bloods. Of the 4 5 stars Barnes has signed & played (JJJ, KJ, JS & KC) they’ve won 1 game in the NCAA total. That win was vs Longwood. I simply said if you want to win big recruiting battles, you gotta win big in March. Obviously you think different. It’s ok to disagree.

Last edited:
My comment was about Tennessee winning battles with Ky & other blue bloods. Of the 4 5 stars Barnes has signed & played (JJJ, KJ, JS & KC) they’ve won 1 game in the NCAA total. That win was vs Longwood. I simply said if you want to win big recruiting battles, you gotta win big in March. Obviously you think different. It’s ok to disagree.
Kentucky losing in the first round to a team with a home gym smaller than my high school’s obviously hasn’t hurt them in recruiting.

Kentucky losing in the first round to a team with a home gym smaller than my high school’s obviously hasn’t hurt them in recruiting.

It was my point exactly. Ky reputation of deep runs, ie Elite 8 & FFs, irregardless of the past couple years underachieving, wins out vs a program that has 1 NCAA win in the last 3 years & 1 Elite 8 in its history. You wanna compare NCAA records with Ky the last 7 or 8 years since this guy was 9 or 10? Didn’t think so.

Just don’t worry about this one, my friends. We will face him twice next season. He’s an impressive athlete and young guy.
I wish him luck in his quest to get to the league. (Smart choice to go with UK). Onto the next.

Did you get to?
I did not. I got a game of Coen Carr who is, IMO, every bit the play maker that Edwards is. I did get to see an Edwards game. He will be very tough to stop at the next level. He wasn’t impressive stats wise. But in the Calipari system he will thrive, unfortunately.

I did not. I got a game of Coen Carr who is, IMO, every bit the play maker that Edwards is. I did get to see an Edwards game. He will be very tough to stop at the next level. He wasn’t impressive stats wise. But in the Calipari system he will thrive, unfortunately.

Lovely.

I'm calling it, now, Edwards actually shocks the world, Vols 🔒! The old lady says I'm too negative about sports bets, I talk the bad into happening, she says. So I'm trying to talk the good into happening, plus I'm stoned and feeling extra optimistic. Edwards and Phillips before the '23 class even starts school has to be attractive to other top seniors, I really want Carr and Dillone, next. Hell, Estrella, too. Speaking it into existence or too high for my own good ?

I'm calling it, now, Edwards actually shocks the world, Vols 🔒! The old lady says I'm too negative about sports bets, I talk the bad into happening, she says. So I'm trying to talk the good into happening, plus I'm stoned and feeling extra optimistic. Edwards and Phillips before the '23 class even starts school has to be attractive to other top seniors, I really want Carr and Dillone, next. Hell, Estrella, too. Speaking it into existence or too high for my own good ?
Why aren’t you at work?

VN Store

Back