‘23 PA SF Justin Edwards

Predicting how Kentucky finishes its 2023 recruiting class

Edwards was initially set to commit at Peach Jam. However, we are hearing that may not happen now. From sources close to the situation, it sounds like the kid wants to be at Kentucky, and people around him want him to be at Tennessee. This one is not over; however, as of this writing, let’s give Kentucky a slight lead with the understanding things could shift again.

Sounds like Spyre bumped up his NIL offer which resulted in his parents wanting Tennessee.

Feels like I hear this “Kid wants school X, family wants Tennessee” more often. Hope we can win out here. But, I have my doubts just cause the “X” is Kentucky. If it was any other school, I’d feel extremely confident.
I don't think this one is going to go our way. Some new names popping up plus the delay to the 25th by Edwards. Makes me think that UK came in and made a crazy offer and the kid/family are giving UT extra time to match. Like the Nico's pal, I think there's a limit at UT and this isn't a football recruit. Fans better secure that cup.

This recruitment feels similar to the Paolo Banchero and Jabari Smith recruitment where we came in 2nd place for a potential top 5 pick. Seemed like we lead for those two as well at some point too.

Regardless though it's nice to be battling big named schools and CRB has at least landed a few like Keon, Jaden, Kennedy, and Julian. He's easily the best recruiter that we've ever had and probably ever will have. Pearl got 5 stars, but minus Tobias they never seemed to pan out.

This recruitment feels similar to the Paolo Banchero and Jabari Smith recruitment where we came in 2nd place for a potential top 5 pick. Seemed like we lead for those two as well at some point too.

Regardless though it's nice to be battling big named schools and CRB has at least landed a few like Keon, Jaden, Kennedy, and Julian. He's easily the best recruiter that we've ever had and probably ever will have. Pearl got 5 stars, but minus Tobias they never seemed to pan out.
We for sure were in the lead for them. Did you get ever see the interview where Jabari smith after he signed with auburn said he had told the Tennessee coaches he was going there with Paolo, Chandler, and Harrison ingram who was a 5 star

We for sure were in the lead for them. Did you get ever see the interview where Jabari smith after he signed with auburn said he had told the Tennessee coaches he was going there with Paolo, Chandler, and Harrison ingram who was a 5 star

Barnes bows out when it crosses a certain line. Duke and Ky are willing to cross into a grey area late to swing a guy

He also did an interview last week where he said he always wanted to play for Kentucky. Don’t put much stock into interviews like that. If he wanted to come here, he would’ve.

Barnes bows out when it crosses a certain line. Duke and Ky are willing to cross into a grey area late to swing a guy

Curious, how do you know this? By the way, those are my two least favorite programs, so I would love for it to be true, but you state it with certainty, so I assume you have factual knowledge?

He also did an interview last week where he said he always wanted to play for Kentucky. Don’t put much stock into interviews like that. If he wanted to come here, he would’ve.
Definitely different then it was with Kentucky. We genuinely thought we had him and Paolo. I’m pretty sure both had crystal balls for us at some point. So it’s not crazy for him to say that

I was just going to say the same thing.
The Kentucky one was months before the tennesee one and then tennesee one was by the director of basketball recruiting but those were for Paolo. The Jabari one was his only crystal ball before auburn took over in the end.

Attachments

• E814696D-EAD0-45B0-9877-748A9EC07093.png
    E814696D-EAD0-45B0-9877-748A9EC07093.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • 7FA9BA3A-24E8-4A84-AE20-716392E4107C.png
    7FA9BA3A-24E8-4A84-AE20-716392E4107C.png
    914.6 KB · Views: 36
The Kentucky one was months before the tennesee one and then tennesee one was by the director of basketball recruiting but those were for Paolo. The Jabari one was his only crystal ball before auburn took over in the end.
No, I agree we were definitely in the thick of it for both guys. Probably top-2 for both guys. Just agreeing with @berryvol that Jabari Smith did an interview just recently stating he wanted to go to UK growing up. These guys say a lot of things after the fact. In the end, they went where they went, though. It would have been crazy to have Smith, Banchero, Chandler, and Ingram all on the same team.

VN Store

Back