‘23 CA Bronny James

Let's please not start this debate. It's not like Jordan didn't have Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen, come on lol.
Very true. Also, neither Magic or Bird ever played on a team that didn't include at least two other Hall of Fame players. One man shows have never cut it. I sense a lot of hostility towards LeBron on here. I don't understand that.

Resisting...the urge...to...reply.......

I'm just saying that most every team that wins a championship has multiple superstars. Is that not true? I'm no LeBron stan but this idea that he is the only player that chases after good teammates is dumb.

I'm just saying that most every team that wins a championship has multiple superstars. Is that not true? I'm no LeBron stan but this idea that he is the only player that chases after good teammates is dumb.
The difference being that Jordan didn't chase after anything. Played his entire career (outside of the 2 twilight years which were novelty seasons) with Chicago.

Chicago also drafted Scottie Pippen, and he was homegrown talent. Same with Horace Grant, Toni Kukoč, and BJ Armstrong. They went out and signed Rodman in 1995, sure, but they also had 3 titles without him, and probably sacrificed 2 others with Jordan's first retirement.

So, while your overriding point on Lebron may be correct, using Jordan and the Bulls is a terrible example to support it.

The difference being that Jordan didn't chase after anything. Played his entire career (outside of the 2 twilight years which were novelty seasons) with Chicago.

Chicago also drafted Scottie Pippen, and he was homegrown talent. Same with Horace Grant, Toni Kukoč, and BJ Armstrong. They went out and signed Rodman in 1995, sure, but they also had 3 titles without him, and probably sacrificed 2 others with Jordan's first retirement.

So, while your overriding point on Lebron may be correct, using Jordan and the Bulls is a terrible example to support it.
Bulls GM Jerry Krause actually acquired Dennis Rodman from San Antonio in a trade for Will Perdue (the dorky guy from Vanderbilt). Darn good trade. David Robinson hated playing with Rodman, and insisted he be given the boot. Rodman's eccentric behavior didn't leave the Spurs with many good options, but they should not have helped the Bulls like that.

Reactions: cncchris33

Okay, well, my original post wasn't meant to be a detailed dissertation on the subject, it was a reactionary comment about LeBron needing good players supporting him to win a ring. Jordan is just the obvious first example that comes to mind, but clearly the circumstances are different.

Listen, I'm no LeBron homer. I feel like that has to be said as a "disclaimer" because anytime someone tries to argue a point in favor of LeBron you have to do it or you have accusations thrown your way.

I wasn't clear originally on what my point was and my only real point I wanted to make is that you can't just be Batman. All Batman's have a Robin, and some even a Batgirl. Kobe had Shaq. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. Magic had Kareem. Larry Bird had Bill Walton. I just don't like idea that only LeBron needs good players to win a title. Everyone does.

Reactions: b_gann
From what I have seen and read he is a pretty solid recruit……and one who might be at a school for a couple (or few) years to develop.

If he were a solid player (as ive heard) why would anyone “not” want him here……..not like you see all kinds of drama surrounding him as a player…….who knows but it seems like it could be great for exposure.

I could see Tennessee being on TV even more. I could see more recruits wanting to come……and if he wanted to stay and develop……that “could” be a big win for Tennessee.

If LBJ keeps out of TNs business, then take him if he wants to come here.

Hopefully he didn't inherit his dad's whining and "Pre Madonna" traits.

LeBron has got on the PA system at AAU games and publicly ridiculed the officiating for his kid's games. Wait til he sees Pat Adams, Anthony Jordan, etc.....

Durant needed Curry.

Jordan needed Pippen

Shaq needed Kobe

One superstar can’t win by himself in a “team” sport.

This argument is ridiculous.

Reactions: irish1485 and pimo1
Resisting...the urge...to...reply.......
giphy.gif

The Lakers don't win an NBA title without LeBron. Are you saying you'd rather NOT have a championship ring lol?
Everyone knows that ring doesn’t count as much. They were in a bubble with no fans, playing the 5th best team from the East without 2 of their top 3 players. That ring is tainted. Besides, if it wasn’t for AD hitting that shot against Denver we were looking at being tied 1-1, then eventually down 1-2 because Denver won that following game. AD won that series and everyone knows it, but fails to give him the proper credit due to being “blind witnesses”. It’s always about LeBron, the self-proclaimed “chosen one”. Everyone gives LeBron more credit than he deserves. I thought he and the “Heatles” were suppose to win 7 straight championships. What happened?

Reactions: tnvols72

VN Store

Back