‘23 CA Bronny James

It's very hard for me to envision Bronny coming to Tennessee, but on the other hand I could see the appeal.

Barnes isn't going to treat him like a Primadonna and maybe Bronny is tired of the special treatment narrative and wants to carve his own path. Going to a traditional blue blood is expected, but with it he will have his dad's name hover over him constantly.

At Tennessee, he would be coached tough and be developed by a HOF coach. He will be put in the system and have to prove himself and his ability to play under Barnes. Barnes isn't going to put up with careless play, turnovers, and weak defense.

Who knows - could be his dad's biggest regret or some underlying reason. Maybe his dad knows he doesn't have what it takes and wants him to get an education.
While I'm sure LeBron wouldn't mind if Bronny got an education...LeBron I doubt is someone who believes it's absolutely necessary seeing as his high school degree will have gotten him pretty close to a billion dollar net worth in a few more years. Don't think the education will be much in the factor of where he plays ball at in college.

I understand some of you don’t like Lebron but do you really think other programs would turn him down cause of his dad?

Cmon now.

Be logical.
The poor kid likely gets not enough credit or too much credit all the time just because of who his dad happens to be. I trust Barnes to evaluate Bronny on his own talent and not be tainted by who his dad is as Barnes has proven to be pretty good at his job and much better than I would be at it.

I can name 4 of the 5 starters, Terry Cummings, Paul Pressey, Jack Sikma and Sidney Moncrief and no I didn't look it up, I just really liked Cummings ever since he was at DePaul. @BadJerry20 will say something like it's my hidden gay tendencies

As a forty-something Wisconsin native, I could name you those Bucks players, as well, and additionally tell you all they were a really, really damn good team. The Bucks, unfortunately, in the 80s kept coming up against the Dr. J- Moses Malone 76ers and then the Bird-McHale-Parish Celtics in the playoffs. They pushed both of those teams, but could never break through. However, the Bucks had excellent teams and losing to them was no shame. Jordan had absolutely no help early on and the Eastern Conference in the 80s was a murderer's row of all-time great teams.

I still like 80s Jordan the best, even over 90s Bulls Jordan after he had bulked up to deal with the punishment dealt out in that era's physical basketball. 80s Jordan was an athletic marvel, doing things I've never seen since.

Why? I'd wager LeBron and his mom want him to go to college. His great great grandchildren will never need to worry about not being millionaires. So no need to even try to rush toward pro ball at this point.

And with NIL he can make good $ in college and getting a big college fan base in his corner would be good for marketability his whole career vs. playing in Europe or G League

Heard he dropped pretty far in rankings
He's a good defender, and can shoot the 3. but he's not the facilitator or offensive creator his father was.

Still he's very athletic and has good guard size. His younger brother Bryce James will be a much better player.

Reactions: b_gann
Very curious to see where he will end up, as he’s not ranked as highly as others. But will still be heavily recruited due to his pedigree, genes, IQ and character. Plus the hype that it will bring.

I would be excited if we got involved, but at the same time we are recruiting at a high level in recent years against the blue bloods, so if we choose to go elsewhere, means other talented players are more of a priority.

He's developing better as a player, but I don't believe he's major D1 talent

It's just the name that's doing it for him.

I think he can be an okay d1 athlete

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Interesting that poster "TrumpedUpVol" on Volnation is pivvy to the conversations happening within team LeBron James and his family.

It wasn’t about being “privy” to anything, but rather being reasonable. James’ final three is chalkier than the 2008 Final Four.

VN Store

Back