‘23 CA Bronny James

LeBron has got on the PA system at AAU games and publicly ridiculed the officiating for his kid's games. Wait til he sees Pat Adams, Anthony Jordan, etc.....

No he didn't. He confronted the announcer for saying, over the PA, that Bronny got a foul call because of who his father is. Lebron walked up to him and told him that was uncalled for.

The amount of willful ignorance here is ridiculous. Bronny James coming to TN would be wonderful for this program, plus he can ball.

SI just put out an article listing their best guesses on his tight-lipped recruitment, and TN was on the short list of 4.

SI Article on Bronny Recruitment

I don’t think he ends up at TN, but I will excitedly welcome him with open arms if he does!

Man I'm sure the kid has some game,let's be real it's Lebron kid and prob has access to anything he needs or wants.Idc if he isn't that good,that public slobber fest the media would have if he came here would be insane.Plus it would attract all the top recruits,same folks talking about Nolen for perception of the program this is fairly similar.Although I think Nolen prob isn't as great as some would think

Get real, y'all. There is absolutely no plausible scenario in which Bronny coming to UT wouldn't be good for the program, even if the kid himself turns out to be a bust. The publicity and national media attention alone would be worth it. We're talking about the talented son of (at worst) the 2nd best player of all time. Hating on the kid because you don't like his Dad's politics is a loser mentality.

Very true. Also, neither Magic or Bird ever played on a team that didn't include at least two other Hall of Fame players. One man shows have never cut it. I sense a lot of hostility towards LeBron on here. I don't understand that.
This is true and I’ll give you Kareem, but would there be a McHale or Parrish without Bird? Would James Worthy be James Worthy without Magic?
🤔
GBO!!

I could be wrong, but it seems like John Calapari was always a good recruiter, but after he got Derek Rose his recruiting sky rocketed. Getting Kennedy Chandler has gotten a lot of media attention and tweets from NBA players about him. Barnes already has the reputation of developing point guards and Bronny James is a good, but not great point guard. It makes sense that he would be interested in UT.
There is a lot about Lebron James that fits in with what UT wants in its players, but there are things that don't. Bronny is not Lebron. Barnes wouldn't be looking at Bronny just because of who his dad is. If Barnes thinks he fits in and can help UT, then I'm for it. Barnes has yet to give me a reason to not trust his judgement.

The only down side is if he turns out to be a bust, Lebron will blame UT instead of his son.

I could be wrong, but it seems like John Calapari was always a good recruiter, but after he got Derek Rose his recruiting sky rocketed. Getting Kennedy Chandler has gotten a lot of media attention and tweets from NBA players about him. Barnes already has the reputation of developing point guards and Bronny James is a good, but not great point guard. It makes sense that he would be interested in UT.
There is a lot about Lebron James that fits in with what UT wants in its players, but there are things that don't. Bronny is not Lebron. Barnes wouldn't be looking at Bronny just because of who his dad is. If Barnes thinks he fits in and can help UT, then I'm for it. Barnes has yet to give me a reason to not trust his judgement.

The only down side is if he turns out to be a bust, Lebron will blame UT instead of his son.
No he won't!...You don't even know the guy and have no clue who he is outside of a basketball court...His kid will be far from a bust, The kid is very talented.

No he won't!...You don't even know the guy and have no clue who he is outside of a basketball court...His kid will be far from a bust, The kid is very talented.

I really don't know who or what you're talking about. Lebron is talents are undeniable, but Lebron doesn't fit into Tennessee's "INAM" slogan, "It's Not About Me." Whether it was Lebron's doing or the medias doing, everything has definitely been made about him. I don't know if his children are the same way, which is why I trust the coaching staff. Bronny could be the most humble kid in the world.
Tennessee has had plenty of highly rated players that were busts or didn't reach their full potential. Bronny is a 4-star so he has potential, but he's not a sure fire can't miss prospect. Another thing that i don't know is how much, if any, his last name plays into his star rating. Again, this is why I trust the coaching staff.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back