‘22 TN C Handje Tamba

Most families do need scholarships and almost all would take one. But in the case of Tamba I can 100% assure you that his family COULD pay full tuition (especially in-state) and not even be a slight financial burden for them. Believe what you want though.

On another note...his brother (Patterson from Catholic) is signing with Vandy so that could be fun.

Watching Tamba highlights.. I have a hard time believing he's a legit 7ft. He doesn't seem very explosive. He's probably a slightly more developed Kyle Alexander atp.
Not sure he even has Alexander’s upside. Doesn’t seem as quick and as mobile. My opinion only, which is worth two cents max.

Reactions: iVolSoHard
I'm afraid he is another project, I hope I'm wrong and if it helps snag Edwards, probably worth it

Reactions: Catbone
Probably not. Probably got one on the team like him. You can't teach size though. Maybe he is a developmental player that can become respectable in time.
How I wish for a guy that size who could contribute before the end of his 3rd year. Gonna need 30 lbs of muscle to bang in this league....not sure he's the banger type tho.

Last edited:
FWIW Okpara for Hamilton Heights is listed at 6'11. You can watch the video of their matchup with Catholic and Tamba looked a little taller to me.

Gotta say I like the 24 kid. Put 30 lbs on him and we'd be grillin' with premium lump. Some pretty sweet guard play from catholic's roster, too.

It’s a high risk, high reward commitment. I hope he can contribute a bit quicker than some of Barnes’ recent “project” type recruits like Pember, Gaines, and Plavsic. We need bigs badly, so I guess anything helps, but I’m just not entirely certain what to expect from Tamba.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Bigs with skill and the size to contribute early seem to be a rare breed. Usually they end up at a blue blood school or a place like gonzaga. Never UT. We seem to find bigs with no aggression or game. Hard to imagine we could be so wrong with our evals so often.

Wonder how the big bodies that transferred out are doing at their new schools? Lemme guess...balling and producing big?

CB to Tennessee from Jerry Meyer
I think this has been a foregone conclusion for a while, now, but I wouldn’t put much stock in Meyer’s CB, here. He admitted on air, yesterday with Tony Basilio that he really had no idea who Tamba was, nor anything about him other than what was in his 247 profile. In this case, I think Jerry might actually be getting information from Basilio unless he did some digging after his appearance, yesterday.

In either case, this has been an assumed outcome for some time, and the expectation is that he will reclassify into the 2021 class and enroll at Tennessee in time for next season.

FWIW Okpara for Hamilton Heights is listed at 6'11. You can watch the video of their matchup with Catholic and Tamba looked a little taller to me.

First time watching this video. Definitely a project. And I am not a fan of his instincts, lack of confidence, and lack of energy.

I hope this works out for us. There haven't been many great basketball recruits to come out of the Knoxville area recently, except for Edwards in 2022, which maybe this is partially why we are taking his teammate Tamba.

First time watching this video. Definitely a project. And I am not a fan of his instincts, lack of confidence, and lack of energy.
I feel like his energy is one of his best attributes, actually. Offensive game is lacking but not broken. Obviously needs to add strength and some bulk. He’s far more advanced than Kyle Alexander was at the same age. If you are going to take a project, this is the type I want to see.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer

VN Store

Back