‘22 NC CG Jalen Hood-Schifino

VQ said Indiana is pretty much guaranteeing him the starting PG spot and Tennessee won’t do that, unless he changes his mind on wanting to hear that he will be heading to Indiana.
That is probably the real kicker. Even if Tennessee was willing to promise him a starting spot (which we wouldn't), we certainly wouldn't promise him the starting PG position when he isn't even a pure PG, to begin with, and we already have a commitment from a local top-100 kid who plays that position.

The idea of wanting to be promised a starting position is such a beta move, anyway, it makes me want him even less if that is what he's looking for to make a commitment.

That is probably the real kicker. Even if Tennessee was willing to promise him a starting spot (which we wouldn't), we certainly wouldn't promise him the starting PG position when he isn't even a pure PG, to begin with, and we already have a commitment from a local top-100 kid who plays that position.

The idea of wanting to be promised a starting position is such a beta move, anyway, it makes me want him even less if that is what he's looking for to make a commitment.
I won’t say that he went into his recruitment looking for that, I would actually guess he didn’t if Tennessee made it into his top 2…but sounds like when it came down to those 2 that was what pushed him towards Indiana.

Reactions: Maxwell865
I won’t say that he went into his recruitment looking for that, I would actually guess he didn’t if Tennessee made it into his top 2…but sounds like when it came down to those 2 that was what pushed him towards Indiana.
That's true. Probably unfair of me to project that idea as being his desire instead of Indiana's sales pitch. Still though, in the end, it still reeks of taking the easy path.

That's true. Probably unfair of me to project that idea as being his desire instead of Indiana's sales pitch. Still though, in the end, it still reeks of taking the easy path.

BJ Edwards will end up being the better player in the long run any way.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Are we sure JHS is a 2-3 year player? If he’s looking to be promised a starting spot like Rob Lewis seems to be hinting at isn’t it quite possible he abs his camp are looking at him as a one and done? Just a thought.

I know someone who spends time around Team Thad in Memphis and they think JHS has 1 and Done potential and he might end up in the Top 10 of the final recruiting rankings when all is said and done.

Looks like he’s committing today at 5pm EST, according to 247Sports. Down to Indiana and Tennessee. I assume we are the underdog here since IU reportedly guaranteed him a starting role?

I guess they did change it in another location for 5pm. I'm not hearing much chatter, makes me believe not us.

Looks like he’s committing today at 5pm EST, according to 247Sports. Down to Indiana and Tennessee. I assume we are the underdog here since IU reportedly guaranteed him a starting role?

Not very impressed if the kid needs a guaranteed start promise to make a college choice. Prefer someone confident in his own abilities who intends to win the role rather than demanding a promise. Maybe it's just me. Good luck to him and the Hoosiers.

PS I bet Bobby Knight didn't make guarantees, other than "work or, I promise, else!" :)

Reactions: cardvolfan
Not very impressed if the kid needs a guaranteed start promise to make a college choice. Prefer someone confident in his own abilities who intends to win the role rather than demanding a promise. Maybe it's just me. Good luck to him and the Hoosiers.

PS I bet Bobby Knight didn't make guarantees, other than "work or, I promise, else!" :)

If a kid demanded to start Knight would throw a chair at him. LOL

Reactions: Lurker
As has been pointed out, I'm not sure if the kid demanded a starting spot, or if the offer of one was just IU's sales pitch to set them ahead of Tennessee. In either case, it kind of smells of him looking for an easy path to playing time instead of earning his spot if the idea had any influence on his decision l, at all. Hopefully he just wants to work hard and earn it.

As has been pointed out, I'm not sure if the kid demanded a starting spot, or if the offer of one was just IU's sales pitch to set them ahead of Tennessee. In either case, it kind of smells of him looking for an easy path to playing time instead of earning his spot if the idea had any influence on his decision l, at all. Hopefully he just wants to work hard and earn it.
I think we may have struck gold, in spite of losing the kid because of the ZZZ signing that was announced today.

VQ said that about a week-10 days before his commitment JHS called and said that Indiana was telling him he’d be the starting PG, he wanted to know if Tennessee would do the same…Barnes told him not only was he not assured a starting spot but he wouldn’t even promise him he’d play PG here.

VQ said that about a week-10 days before his commitment JHS called and said that Indiana was telling him he’d be the starting PG, he wanted to know if Tennessee would do the same…Barnes told him not only was he not assured a starting spot but he wouldn’t even promise him he’d play PG here.

We already have our PG committed for next season.

I like how Barnes is a straight shooter with these kids.

So he was, allegedly, looking to have a spot promised to him…hard pass.

Barnes. Alpha.

VN Store

Back