‘22 NC CG Jalen Hood-Schifino

I’d say the more likely scenario is that Indiana offered JHS a chance to be a PG first and foremost and then Tennessee told him they saw him as a wing player and he went with Indiana. I have a hard time seeing Mike Woodson (a 30 year NBA coaching vet) promising a kid a starting spot to a 17 year old 4*…or hell even anyone
I think the fact that Mike Woodson has never been a college coach at any level probably affords a steep learning curve, and his lack of recruiting knowledge is likely to lend him to many unthought of tactics as he gets his feet wet. He may be finding the recruiting trail to be considerably more difficult than he imagined, forcing him to make offers he normally wouldn’t, otherwise.

You’re not understanding my position. My criticism is for people that are criticizing JHS for wanting a spot and not wanting him because of the alleged situation (and assuming this is true) and saying “don’t want” or people that think Barnes doesn’t ever promise PT because he’s a straight shooter or something like that.

That wasn’t your position, but I will leave it alone. Your last statement was about Barnes, not JHS.

Tbf about Banchero, I don’t recall it being leaked form VQ or any other source where you’d think it was coming from the coaches that Duke cheated to land him. That was just the assumption on this board because it seemed like we had some momentum with him, did not seem like Duke did, his commitment came out of nowhere, and it’s Duke. Whether or not you think the allegation is true, no indication that I remember that it came from a coach trying to save face
Edit: looks like BTO beat me to the punch^

If the facts hadn’t come out about Zion, then maybe fans don’t suggest it. But there is history of that happening. It’s somewhat reasonable to suggest.

If the facts hadn’t come out about Zion, then maybe fans don’t suggest it. But there is history of that happening. It’s somewhat reasonable to suggest.
Don’t disagree with you, I think it’s more likely than not

VN Store

Back