‘22 FL SF Dillon Mitchell

She lives near FSU and has season tickets to FSU games, she’s a big Seminoles fan.
Still seems strange but makes sense. Hate when the parents push a kid somewhere. As the parent, you should want the best for your kid, not the school you're a fan of, the parents get the most out of when the kid doesn't, etc

Still seems strange but makes sense. Hate when the parents push a kid somewhere. As the parent, you should want the best for your kid, not the school you're a fan of, the parents get the most out of when the kid doesn't, etc
Overbearing parents who want what they want instead of what the young person wants are all too common.

Why are we assuming it's a money deal with these recruits. Is it pretty much legal to pay whatever for players you want ?

Oh, I know but it's legal now so probably not a factor here.

It's not allowed for a school to hand athletes cash and it's also not ok to help line up NIL deals in advance in an effort to entice a recruit to the school. As far as I know, It is only permitted for a company to approach an athlete on their own to negotiate a deal. May seem like a thin line, but there's a big difference and I'm sure a certain coach at SAOU (strong a$$ offer university) would have no problem with that.

Reactions: golfballs
Actually…it still isn’t legal to guarantee money or make payments to a recruit or family in order to get them to commit.
tenor.gif

It's not allowed for a school to hand athletes cash and it's also not ok to help line up NIL deals in advance in an effort to entice a recruit to the school. As far as I know, It is only permitted for a company to approach an athlete on their own to negotiate a deal. May seem like a thin line, but there's a big difference and I'm sure a certain coach at SAOU (strong a$$ offer university) would have no problem with that.
It literally takes one phone call from a coach to a booster.

Reactions: Voltopia
Why are you being such an a$$ to everyone that is just stating facts??
I'm not being an ass. If you're naive enough to believe that that stuff isn't going on, on a daily basis, even by our team, then, the only appropriate response is "ok".

Also, which part of what I said was "illegal "?

Was it the coach calling the booster? Or, was it the booster calling the prospect? I don't think it's against the rules for a booster/company to tell a potential recruit that if said recruit ends up in Knoxville that the company is looking for UT players that are interested in a marketing arrangement.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I'm not being an ass. If you're naive enough to believe that that stuff isn't going on, on a daily basis, even by our team, then, the only appropriate response is "ok".
No one said it wasn’t happening. We all said it is against the rules and if a school is caught there can be consequences. Read what we write before responding. ‘Ok??’

No one said it wasn’t happening. We all said it is against the rules and if a school is caught there can be consequences. Read what we write before responding. ‘Ok??’
Ok, Mr expert what's illegal? See my edit. If a company approaches a potential student athlete about a potential marketing arrangement, I don't think that's against the rules.

I disagree…. I would help push my kids where I wanted them to go.

Ok, Mr expert what's illegal? See my edit. If a company approaches a potential student athlete about a potential marketing arrangement, I don't think that's against the rules.
Go back and read my original post and your reply. I’m done. This is a waste and I’m watching a good movie.

VN Store

Back