‘22 FL SF Dillon Mitchell

SJAVol32

Official Visit starts today.

Dillon Mitchell is emerging as a priority for Tennessee in the 2022 class after a breakout spring. He’ll be on campus as an official visitor June 27-29, alongside four-star guard BJ Edwards. The four-star small forward — a 6-foot-7, 180-pound prospect from Spring Hill, Fla. — is ranked in the 247Sports Composite as the No. 129 overall player in the 2022 class. He’s ranked No. 37 among small forwards and No. 18 overall in the state of Florida. Mitchell told 247Sports National Basketball Analyst Travis Branham last month that Auburn, Vanderbilt, Illinois and Ohio State were four teams that were standing out early in his recruitment. He’s scheduled to visit Auburn and Ohio State before the trip to Tennessee.
-Ramey

As for that fit, Mitchell said it's a natural one, describing himself as a combo forward that likes to run.

“They like to play fast,” Mitchell said of the Vols, “point guards like Kennedy Chandler and stuff like that. They like to get that ball and go. With me, I grab rebounds and I’ll push it myself.

“Make the right plays, go finish over people, being athletic. Just being able to do it all and defend. I take pride on the defensive side, too, and they loved that. It’s good too.”

It wasn’t Mitchell’s first trip to Knoxville. He’s been to Neyland Stadium for a football game in the past and noted that he has family in East Tennessee on his mother’s side.

Being on the official visit alongside Edwards, the product of Knoxville Catholic, certainly didn’t hurt. Edwards was previously scheduled to take an official visit at Tennessee on June 8, but moved the visit back to go through the process together with Mitchell. Edwards and Mitchell also attended the Pangos All-American Camp in Las Vegas earlier this month.

“BJ is my guy,” Mitchell said. “I’ve known BJ for a minute now. We played each other twice earlier this year. He beat us with a buzzer-beater the first game, but we got him the second game … me and him are pretty tight.”

And they’ve discussed the future, too, and the possibility of playing together at the next level.

“We definitely talk about it for sure,” Mitchell said. “That’s my guy. We talk about it and we think we would be pretty good together.”
Mitchell said he doesn’t have any other visits scheduled as of now and, from here, plans to get ready for summer basketball. What he does know is that he wants to has his recruitment over by November, when college basketball’s first signing period opens.

“I know I want to be signed by the first signing period,” he said. “So it’s really just going by what I feel is the best. What the best time is for me.”
-Ramey

Something tells me that BJ rescheduling his OV for the same as Mitchell’s was calculated.
I hope so, Mitchell may not be a 5, but I can see him shining as an undersized 4, that can rebound and defend. Quickly, becoming my number one WANT, after we get BJ and Wallace

How about we just lock up Mitchell, Wallace, and Edwards before the week is out and just call it a summer? Works for me. 😃

Anything is possible. Certainly one of those things is going to be true. I don’t think things with Mitchell are as far down the road as some think. FSU is a very big factor.
-VQ

VN Store

Back