‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

The biggest prize left on the recruiting board, the nation’s No. 12 player, Jaden Springer, is another example of a prospect the staff targeted early on and has invested enormous amounts of time in. Now, whether that investment results in Springer picking Tennessee and giving the Vols a class that will among the best in the nation remains to be seen, but they are certainly in the thick of it.
As Johnson told us on Tuesday night, he’s working on getting Springer on board, and as of now, it’s likely that the duo will make their official visits together this fall.
-VQ

BTW, you can usually catch Barnes with the official visitors on the sideline just south of TN's bench before kick off or early in the games. Sometimes you can catch the recruits cutting across the parking lot next to the TBA and AHT (G-10?) 30 minutes or so before games.

Official at the same time as Johnson in an encouraging sign to me
All three of Johnson, Walker, and Springer will OV that same weekend. I really wish PJ Hall were coming that weekend, too, but maybe Johnson can come back for an UOV that weekend.

Reactions: Yeiser10
All three of Johnson, Walker, and Springer will OV that same weekend. I really wish PJ Hall were coming that weekend, too, but maybe Johnson can come back for an UOV that weekend.

I could be wrong but I get the sense that the staff likes their chances better with Springer than Hall...if that is indeed the case and you feel like having the 2 commits here is only something you can use 1 time, I agree with lining it up with Springer’s visit.

It’s also somewhat interesting that Hall won’t be visiting during a football weekend.

I could be wrong but I get the sense that the staff likes their chances better with Springer than Hall...if that is indeed the case and you feel like having the 2 commits here is only something you can use 1 time, I agree with lining it up with Springer’s visit.

It’s also somewhat interesting that Hall won’t be visiting during a football weekend.
Agree that it is more important to play that chip with Springer than with Hall. Just wish Hall was visiting that same weekend.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Springer is the type of player who helps you win championships.

Must get.

Why does he have 100% CB to UNC? Has he said they’re his favorite? Does he have a connection there? Or is it that just among UT/MD/NCSt that UNC would seem like a no-brainer?

Why does he have 100% CB to UNC? Has he said they’re his favorite? Does he have a connection there? Or is it that just among UT/MD/NCSt that UNC would seem like a no-brainer?
The latter and the belief that he is from NC makes a difference. On Rivals it is 100% Tennessee futurecast.

Most 5 star kids from Charlotte area with a UNC offer end up at UNC

Most 5 star kids from Charlotte area with a UNC offer end up at UNC
Didn’t know CBs worked that way. Thought they might be based on actual information. Not sure why then then they don’t have % on all recruits based on how many from their location historically commit to whatever school...

Didn’t know CBs worked that way. Thought they might be based on actual information. Not sure why then then they don’t have % on all recruits based on how many from their location historically commit to whatever school...
Lots of time it is based on info, in this case I don’t think that’s why...Cam Hayes has UNC CB yet no offer from them, it’s because they also try to get out in front and be early on predictions because they get more points for that.

Reactions: golfballs

VN Store

Back