‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Big donor. Good guy. Has given tickets to military families and matched donations for families in need on this site.

He has the ability to know things. They don’t always pan out because it’s recruiting, but you at least listen when he says it.
Doesn’t really inspire confidence. But ok

Doesn’t really inspire confidence. But ok

Walkenvol said it better than me. Like I said, when he says something, you at least listen.

Called the Chaney hire in a cryptic way and I believe called Trey Smith’s health issues before announced, although didn’t give specifics. He’s not big on announcing specific news because he feels it’s not his place to publicly announce it.

AV is a great guy. I remember him getting tickets for a guy taking his son to his first game, a couple years ago. Big time donor and knows stuff, but has missed on some football recruits lately, but we all know kids change their minds and some just straight up lie. But for AV to even comment on a basketball recruit means UT has a very good chance of landing him. Of course, recruiting is fluid and that could change. I didn't think UT could land Keon and Springer, now at least, I have some hope that's a real possibility

Tennessee has felt they are in it for awhile, and for obvious reasons...however even you’re going against Memphis, North Carolina and Florida it’s hard to feel very confident until it’s over.

Reactions: SlyStone
Basilio said today that he thinks Springer will instead play pro basketball somewhere.
We'll see.

Just my thoughts, but I believe we are in good shape here. UT has been on him for a very long time and playing for B Maze AAU team is good for the Vols. One thing that probably has hurt is losing Lanier to GA State in the off-season. His son, Emery, has played with Springer for 5 or so years and Rob has been around for many of those games and practices.

Just my thoughts, but I believe we are in good shape here. UT has been on him for a very long time and playing for B Maze AAU team is good for the Vols. One thing that probably has hurt is losing Lanier to GA State in the off-season. His son, Emery, has played with Springer for 5 or so years and Rob has been around for many of those games and practices.
Oliver has 2 kids in Maze’s AAU program as well and has been around him, Oliver also was at Charlotte and has tons of connections to that area so he had Springer on his radar way back.

Heard yesterday that he played 8th grade ball somewhere in Nashville, obviously junior and senior year were/are spent at IMG in Florida, so I definitely don’t think he’s your prototypical “gets a UNC offer” type of kid.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back