The Last of Us Series (HBO)

I have enjoyed each episode of this series so far. Never played the game but have heard that it is a great one.
I’m disappointed that Bill and Elle didn’t get to interact since that was a good part of the game storyline. May have enjoyed the episode more since I didn’t know.
The gasoline still being usable in old abandoned cars kinda threw me off. If it’s been over 20 years, no way that would work.
Just my two cents.
Amazed how quickly they were able to get from Boston to Kansas City too. Thought they would have more adventures along the way route. For the gamers, did the game move that far that fast?

Actually this was a deviation from the game as well. What is taking place took place in Pittsburg in the game.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The character is ok but the actress was an interesting choice. She doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of the people.

Have you seen Yellowjackets? No spoilers, but she is pretty convincing with...let's call it "survival skills" in that one. When studios make a choice like this, I think they are trying to make a statement like "look what the apocalypse did to this lady who would otherwise be hosting a quilting retreat." You know?

Have you seen Yellowjackets? No spoilers, but she is pretty convincing with...let's call it "survival skills" in that one. When studios make a choice like this, I think they are trying to make a statement like "look what the apocalypse did to this lady who would otherwise be hosting a quilting retreat." You know?

Fair point. I'll give her some time.

Meh it was pretty boring compared to episode 3. I mean what really happened? A few people shot in Kansas City and some camping.

I was thinking if you don't like episode 3, how can you like episode 4? It was slow. It was far more about human interest than the exciting aspects of the story. About the same amount of action. The story moved a little more, I guess, because it introduced this militia. Joel's tough exterior has been broken down a bit. That's kinda it.

The quote in episode 3 about the government is nazis is an all-time TV line, the letter from Bill was a chills moment, and all the cleverness of Bill's setup and defenses was really cool. Nothing like that in episode 4, but Joel got beasted by the wimpiest adult man alive, we got puns, and it wasn't gay.

FTR, both were great.

I was thinking if you don't like episode 3, how can you like episode 4? It was slow. It was far more about human interest than the exciting aspects of the story. About the same amount of action. The story moved a little more, I guess, because it introduced this militia. Joel's tough exterior has been broken down a bit. That's kinda it.

The quote in episode 3 about the government is nazis is an all-time TV line, the letter from Bill was a chills moment, and all the cleverness of Bill's setup and defenses was really cool. Nothing like that in episode 4, but Joel got beasted by the wimpiest adult man alive, we got puns, and it wasn't gay.

FTR, both were great.

Episode 4 continued to develop the relationship with Joel and Ellie, which is really the crux of why this story is so good. Joel started with being annoyed by Ellie's jokes, then was laughing at them by the end of the episode. Joel went from not trusting Ellie with a gun, to showing her how to properly use it.

Plus this introduced Sam and Henry.

It was an excellent episode. Episode 3 was a one-off love story between two characters that do not affect the plot in any way, and are now dead. Episode 3 was a waste of time.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Episode 4 continued to develop the relationship with Joel and Ellie, which is really the crux of why this story is so good. Joel started with being annoyed by Ellie's jokes, then was laughing at them by the end of the episode. Joel went from not trusting Ellie with a gun, to showing her how to properly use it.

It was an excellent episode. Episode 3 was a one-off love story between two characters that do not affect the plot in any way, and are now dead. Episode 3 was a waste of time.

This is also the most predictable aspect of the story. The second they showed us a teenage girl, I knew they would have this relationship. The second he starts saying she can't have a gun, I knew she's going to secretly get her hands on one. The second she starts reading puns, I knew she was eventually going to get him with one for a bonding moment.

It's good stuff, but it's not the kind of stuff that sets elite shows apart.

Oh boy, if you haven’t played the game and aren’t into that trope then you may as well stop watching now lol. This whole game was essentially a bonding experience between the two.

Like I said, it's good. The show needs heart.

All of that bonding stuff has been done 1000 times before. At least episode 3 was something original and well done at that. Episode 4 was a yawn compared to episode 3. It didn't really introduce Sam and Henry. A man and a boy pointing guns for two seconds doesnt introduce anything. We saw a militia (again nothing groundbreaking there, Mad Max anyone?) And Linskey shot a doctor, real smart. On to the next.

All of that bonding stuff has been done 1000 times before. At least episode 3 was something original and well done at that. Episode 4 was a yawn compared to episode 3. It didn't really introduce Sam and Henry. A man and a boy pointing guns for two seconds doesnt introduce anything. We saw a militia (again nothing groundbreaking there, Mad Max anyone?) And Linskey shot a doctor, real smart. On to the next.

You're reaching my friend, but you're of course entitled to your opinion.

But Henry was discussed multiple times, then their hideout was found, then we saw them. I would call that introduced.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
You're reaching my friend, but you're of course entitled to your opinion.

But Henry was discussed multiple times, then their hideout was found, then we saw them. I would call that introduced.

Kinda think you have to actually have a scene to be "introduced."

VN Store

Back