Knoxville Restaurants

Well, I hate to report this but we visited Bravo tonight for the first time in a little over 6 months and it was unimpressive, and disappointing which is sad because they used to be a solid go to Italian restaurant. They apparently changed their menu sometime back in November. They cut quite a few options off the menu and streamlined it. They used to have great appetizers like fried ravioli, a couple different flatbread dishes that were excellent but not anymore. One of our party ordered the lobster bisque claiming it was peppery and not the same as it used to be, it was sent back. I ordered the lobster ravioli and the dish was served as usual but seriously lacking sauce. The table beside us had ordered an alfredo pasta dish which was also lacking sauce and even they had to request more. I asked the server if they had some sort of sauce nazi working in the kitchen. The restaurant was also 75% empty on a Thursday night. We eventually found out why. It is not the Bravo that it used to be sadly.

guess you didn't cheer for an encore

Reactions: GoVolsDR
where's everyone going for Easter brunch buffet?
Chesapeake's on Parkside for us. While I'm not usually huge on buffets, this was one of the best I've had in Knoxville. Highlights included Oysters on the half shell, huge steamed shrimp, their signature crab cakes, prime rib carved to order, and lobster mac &cheese. Lemon herb cod and their lightly fried shrimp were also very good.

Well, I hate to report this but we visited Bravo tonight for the first time in a little over 6 months and it was unimpressive, and disappointing which is sad because they used to be a solid go to Italian restaurant. They apparently changed their menu sometime back in November. They cut quite a few options off the menu and streamlined it. They used to have great appetizers like fried ravioli, a couple different flatbread dishes that were excellent but not anymore. One of our party ordered the lobster bisque claiming it was peppery and not the same as it used to be, it was sent back. I ordered the lobster ravioli and the dish was served as usual but seriously lacking sauce. The table beside us had ordered an alfredo pasta dish which was also lacking sauce and even they had to request more. I asked the server if they had some sort of sauce nazi working in the kitchen. The restaurant was also 75% empty on a Thursday night. We eventually found out why. It is not the Bravo that it used to be sadly.

On a Thursday? Unbelievable.

Full Service has three locations: Farragut, Maryville, and North Knoxville. It is our go-to for BBQ take out, usually on a busy school night. They do burnt ends on Fridays, I believe.

There’s a small group of us that go camping 2-3 times a year. Always start out at the Full Service in Maryville before driving on to the campsite. Started that as our tradition since it opened.

I never once got to try that place and I guess I'll stick to that tradition indefinitely. My mom ate there once ages ago and told the rest of us it wasn't anything special.
I think there were several attempts to sell and keep open, but nothing came together.

I never once got to try that place and I guess I'll stick to that tradition indefinitely. My mom ate there once ages ago and told the rest of us it wasn't anything special.
I tried it once and would agree that it wasn’t anything special.

Wasn't special? Clearly you folks didn't take your high school dates there for the corner room with curtains. Big pimpin right there.
I took my high school date to Regas. Had I known about the corner room, maybe I would have changed it up.

Group dinner at Kitchen 919 tonight:

Everything was incredible. It's basically Seasons on steroids... I had the pork belly, grilled peach salad, and seared black grouper over lentils with okra. So many wonderful flavors, all carefully paired. Highly recommended.

They have also added some serious acoustical treatments to help with the noise, and it seems to have paid off.

I'm sure that's a very expensive building, so I hope Knoxville will give them a good try and frequent the restaurant if people enjoy it as much as we have.

VN Store

Back