The Golf Thread

picked up a used Vokey 62 degree for $36 bucks, when I went to get new shoes..

Going to take the 3 iron out and go with the 62 degree, along with my 54 and 58 degree

Vokey Wedge.jpg

I tried for a couple of weeks to go old school and took the 60 out and flopped with the 56 when needed. After about 3 rounds I put the 60 back in to avoid having a nervous breakdown every time I had to hit a soft pitch.

I tried for a couple of weeks to go old school and took the 60 out and flopped with the 56 when needed. After about 3 rounds I put the 60 back in to avoid having a nervous breakdown every time I had to hit a soft pitch.

I only use my 56 in bunkers. I have more bounce on it. My 60 and 52 have very little bounce.

+1 through 9 today and down the pipe on the 10th hole. Only to put my first bad swing of the day and go OB right on a 175 yard shot into the green. Just an illtimed shizzle out of nowhere. You could say that was a momentum swing in my 37-47 round.

Hawaii golf is awesome! I'm going back to Kona in Jan. Can't wait.

Played the Waikoloa Kings Course there about 10 years ago. I'm not sure what's more cool . . . hitting shots across lava fields or reading putts based on looking for the snow capped peak of Manua Kea in relation to the ocean.

TPC Southwind was great. Shot a 83. First time playing there. Perfect weather, and the best part of it was that it didn't cost me a dime. Only hit driver twice. Hit my 3 wood great all day.

Last edited:
I haven't played since 2012 and just shot an 87 at my home course. I'm coming off of a fractured collar bone which happened last October but it didn't cause me any trouble whatsoever.

I haven't played since 2012 and just shot an 87 at my home course. I'm coming off of a fractured collar bone which happened last October but it didn't cause me any trouble whatsoever.

I knew I had to stay focused on putting from the get go. Didnt want to push the shoulder too much. That's what I did and it really opened up my game. Especially the back nine, which just so happens to be when I started falling apart.

Played the Waikoloa Kings Course there about 10 years ago. I'm not sure what's more cool . . . hitting shots across lava fields or reading putts based on looking for the snow capped peak of Manua Kea in relation to the ocean.

I played Poipu Bay in my only visit to Hawaii and I played about the slowest round. Kite surfers were a distraction. One of the clubhouse guys gave me a few John Daly balls. I guess he had been there after winning the British? for the champions tourney. He had a red razorback on it with "Kill It!" in black in the middle.

Shot a 77 today at blackberry ridge. For 11 bucks its hard to beat. The course is in pretty good shape. It's obvious that they are putting money into it.

VN Store

Back