The Golf Thread

anyone else watching the Solheim Cup? Not sure if anyone even cares about women's golf, but I always get up for just about any international sports event. Europe leads by two, but the US is fairing rather well this morning in alternate shot.

anyone else watching the Solheim Cup? Not sure if anyone even cares about women's golf, but I always get up for just about any international sports event. Europe leads by two, but the US is fairing rather well this morning in alternate shot.

I think womens golf could benefit from more match play type stuff.

After watching these guys in the Web.com tour, it seems to me that the primary skill that separates them from PGA players is 1) putting, and 2) tee shots. Iron play has been fantastic from what I've seen. Approach shots are really good. Bunker shots also.

It appears that reading greens is what effects the most guys. Could just be my perspective though since I've played Fox Den so many times. I'm not sure who has regular caddies and who doesn't though.

There are a few guys out here that have me scratching my head though. No shot at ever making money at this sport as a player.

After watching these guys in the Web.com tour, it seems to me that the primary skill that separates them from PGA players is 1) putting, and 2) tee shots. Iron play has been fantastic from what I've seen. Approach shots are really good. Bunker shots also.

It appears that reading greens is what effects the most guys. Could just be my perspective though since I've played Fox Den so many times. I'm not sure who has regular caddies and who doesn't though.

There are a few guys out here that have me scratching my head though. No shot at ever making money at this sport as a player.
Back when it was the Hogan Tour, there was an event here in town and I caddied a couple of years. It blew my mind how mentally weak some of the guys were and how obvious it was that some guys were going on to bigger things. The first year, my guy played in the same group with Tom Lehman for two days and it was clear one guy was going somewhere and one guy wasn't.

Lewis and Creamer were once 4 up and are now on the 18th all square.

Lincicome just hit a huge putt and her and Salas are now dormie headed to 17

Michelle Wie and Brittany Lang battled back and even took a lead, but are all square through 14.

Morgan Pressel and Jessica Korda already lost 2 & 1.

Lewis and Creamer win 1 Up, Michelle Wie and Lang are in good shape 1 Up on 17 with neither team in good shape on their second shots on the par 3. Wie put the US on the wrong side of the green, and Europe went long and appears to be in some nasty rough with little green to work with. Lincicome and Salas are in good shape but have long birdie putt. The Europeans have a good look at birdie on 18 to halve the match.

Wie and Lang win 2 & 1, Lincicome and Salas are forced to halve the match. If Lincicome and Salas could have held on to win, the US would have all momentum going into the afternoon four ball. They still have most of the momentum, however, instead of being tied, they are still down 6 1/2 to 5 1/2.

These ladies may not be nearly as long as BC, but they are hitting some spectacular shots and making great putts. All four matches are neck and neck in the fourball matches.

I read in the paper this morning, Lewis was *****in about the rules official giving the European team a measurement yesterday while they were trying to figure the the drop for a ball OB

I read in the paper this morning, Lewis was *****in about the rules official giving the European team a measurement yesterday while they were trying to figure the the drop for a ball OB

They gave a European paper a huge advantage by giving her the wrong ruling on where she could drop. It also took like ten minutes evidently

what's sad is the Americans aren't playing badly really, the Euros are just coming up big everywhere. There are birdies falling all over the place.

VN Store

Back