Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

Hard to say fans will be like crazy and nuts. I really think she better do all she can to not end that streak unless they all start leaving she has a good nucleus. She needs post players another good scorer should be enough to get to the NCAA again. Worry for her more than next season is 2025 when she needs like 10 players from somewhere.

haha truth! God speed and good luck to her seriously !

Reactions: feathersax
CJH first year record wasn’t all because of his coaching and the LBB record next year will not all be on the new coach even though it will get assigned to her.

Rosters are a result of the work completed by a coach the previous 5 years….

huh?

This tells me we didn’t want to pay for a better coach, that’s the only reason he would hire her, or he just didn’t care that much.
If DW didn’t care, he’d of just continued to let the LV’s wallow in mediocrity under Kellie - and kept the idiot blue hairs who think it’s 1997 quiet…

Agree with your comments. My question to you though is how convinced are you that CKJH was going to find another RJ in the portal to save her. Slim or none.

Remember what this years team looked like without RJ. Struggled.

Next year was going to be bad with KH.

It could get a lot worse and thats what people seem to be discounting and it can happen. Go talk to Louisville fans post Chris Mack.

Reactions: Ovol
Some portion of the posters here were going to be unhappy with who ever DW hired unless it was Dawn or Gottlieb. She is already deemed a total failure by some. Comes with the territory.
Really, and if it were dawn we would have guys playing on our Lady Vol Team.

If DW didn’t care, he’d of just continued to let the LV’s wallow in mediocrity under Kellie - and kept the idiot blue hairs who think it’s 1997 quiet…
Like I said before, could have been some issues going on and he needed to change, none of us no why he actually fired her, I don’t go on forum speculation.

You just got a great coach who can coach, you apparently have know idea what a coach is, she now will have money and assets to help established sh a winning system, get behind your head coach.
Go Vols
We will know in a few months, the 2025 class is open so that will tell us what we need to know.

This was a Dan White interview hire. The only thing preconceived was her resume. I’ve learned to respect what he sees and feels and discerns during a hiring process and he’s had a stellar batting average. Very excited! Cautious within reason, but optimistically confident.
Good way to look at it. Go Lady Vols! 🧡

I’m shocked and saddened. And don’t blame Keep Kellie syndrome. Nothing to do with her, except we had every right to expect someone proven better than her. What egg on the face of the home run hire crowd. This is a popped up bunt.

I certainly didn’t realize we were in burn it down and start from scratch mode. And also build back cheaply mode. Can’t imagine how bad this makes us look nationally, especially after what KY just did. Only alternative answer is he got this far down the list bc no one else wanted it. Which also ain’t a good look.

This almost feels unfair to this poor woman. Does she know what she’s in for? Does she know what the SEC is going to look like? I’m sure she’s a perfectly nice woman and a decent coach. But we’re looking at a years long rebuild and that’s if she can recruit this level.
Wins less than 10 games nect year. Would be kellie’s fault still 🤨
Bingo.
I don’t think they wanted to pay for a top notch coach, more of a bargain bin hire.
Obviously. And we’ll probably get our moneys worth.
It's a real possibility we miss both tournaments next season, especially if we lose too many of the players we currently have. It's a huge gamble that might not pay off until her third or fourth season.
If she doesn’t clean up in the portal, which is hard to see happening, those things will definitely happen. I don’t think people who think otherwise watch WBB very closely.
Probably no one more surprised than her.
Sept. 1, 2023 “Cool! Starting my first season as a D1 coach!”
April 12, 2024 “Wait, what, I’m head coach of the Lady Vols!?!”
That just actually happened. Make it make sense.
It’s kinda amusing that some of the LV posters that have bashed most of Kellie's players all season that were not SEC caliber are not fretting that they may leave.
That’s right and it’s awful. Because now that’s who we have, with no hope of the coach bringing better players along. Also hard to see such an unknown doing well in the portal. The roster situation is dire even if everyone come back.
What would you consider "unthinkable lows? My prediction for the upcoming season is that the LVs will have a better record than last year and will host in the NCAAT. They also will finish in the top 3 in the SEC. GBO.
We’re about to find out about unthinkable lows. IMO unless there’s a portal miracle now the rest of your prediction is nonsensical. Do you know SEC rosters at all.
Somewhat surprising, but got to give her a chance. My question is will the Hayes family return to the Lady Vol program? 🤔
God what a thought. Just when I think it can’t be worse.

Define rejected.

I am sure DW had a list and started asking agents if these folks would be interested in interviewing.

Doesn’t mean they were going to get an interview much less a job offer to reject just they were not interested in job.
So how is saying you are not interested different from declining overtures?

I am sorry reality bites. When Kellie got fired, there was a lot chest thumping about how Tennessee is the BEST and ONLY job in WCBB and Dawn Staley, Becky Hammon, Wes Moore and Vic Schaefer would be begging for the chance.

The reality is that Tennessee is a great job for a bold and brave up and comer but it may not look that enticing to coaches who heading up successful programs at other schools.

As someone posted before, Teri Moren is an Indiana native who, even if she would have loved to coach the Lady Vols, she's now In a situation most of us get to at one point: Her mother died after she took her current job, and now her elderly father needs her support there in Indiana. Moren was not in a position to be able to move at this time.

I’m shocked and saddened. And don’t blame Keep Kellie syndrome. Nothing to do with her, except we had every right to expect someone proven better than her. What egg on the face of the home run hire crowd. This is a popped up bunt.

I certainly didn’t realize we were in burn it down and start from scratch mode. And also build back cheaply mode. Can’t imagine how bad this makes us look nationally, especially after what KY just did. Only alternative answer is he got this far down the list bc no one else wanted it. Which also ain’t a good look.

This almost feels unfair to this poor woman. Does she know what she’s in for? Does she know what the SEC is going to look like? I’m sure she’s a perfectly nice woman and a decent coach. But we’re looking at a years long rebuild and that’s if she can recruit this level.

Bingo.

Obviously. And we’ll probably get our moneys worth.

If she doesn’t clean up in the portal, which is hard to see happening, those things will definitely happen. I don’t think people who think otherwise watch WBB very closely.

That just actually happened. Make it make sense.

That’s right and it’s awful. Because now that’s who we have, with no hope of the coach bringing better players along. Also hard to see such an unknown doing well in the portal. The roster situation is dire even if everyone come back.

We’re about to find out about unthinkable lows. IMO unless there’s a portal miracle now the rest of your prediction is nonsensical. Do you know SEC rosters at all.

God what a thought. Just when I think it can’t be worse.
The good thing for me is I know how this will end, so I won’t get emotional like I’ve been during the years. I’ll always watch and support every game but this is the end of us winning championships, we will have to hope for the moral victories and hope to be some kind of Cinderella.

VN Store

Back