Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

We’re not having any problems that I’m aware of. I know they have been cracking down on providers that are letting BMI slide, suspending their DOT number (or whatever they call it). Lots of drivers are losing their medical or running on 30 day tickets because of the crackdown.

That could be it.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We’re not having any problems that I’m aware of. I know they have been cracking down on providers that are letting BMI slide, suspending their DOT number (or whatever they call it). Lots of drivers are losing their medical or running on 30 day tickets because of the crackdown.
So the DOT is trying to eradicate the country of fat truckers? We’re screwed if that’s a real agenda item there won’t be any trucks rolling very soon 😂

Are you guys having trouble finding providers to do DOT physicals? Any particular area?

Kinda, but we were tipped off when we were using an "authorized" provider only to find out they had been taken off the list when we run them through whatever thing you're supposed to.

Sad since some of our firefighters live in areas where they can't access a provider easily. And we have to have that physical in hand before we can hire them else we'd just bring them to OKC and do it.

So the DOT is trying to eradicate the country of fat truckers? We’re screwed if that’s a real agenda item there won’t be any trucks rolling very soon 😂

Yes. If your BMI is over a certain point you have to have a sleep study done to prove you do not have sleep apnea. If you do have sleep apnea you have to bring in a printout of your cpap usage and even then you can only get a 12 month certificate. Then there is diabetes, hearing, color blindness, ext. The physical for truck drivers is more stringent than airline pilots.

Kinda, but we were tipped off when we were using an "authorized" provider only to find out they had been taken off the list when we run them through whatever thing you're supposed to.

Sad since some of our firefighters live in areas where they can't access a provider easily. And we have to have that physical in hand before we can hire them else we'd just bring them to OKC and do it.

FMCSA National Registry

5* WR French been here last 2 days. Says we are definitely top3 for him. UGA and us on him IMO. His brother played for Hype at UCF...also George came in town from Nashville just to hang out with him on his visit. They have played 7on7s together. We really want this kid. Baller.

DC Banks from today. I had my doubts about him at 1st...but our defense has objectively (statistically)improved every year since he has been here. He and LB coach Inge are both extremely sharp and seem to be genuinely good guys. I would love to have played for either of them as a kid. I noticed how he talks about coaching to each players strengths and putting them in a position to succeed. He obviously doesnt mention that for the last few years...especially with DBs...he has had to try and coach around our players weaknesses. Namely the fact that Hadden even last season was the only corner we had that could win consistently in man coverage vs SEC WR. Thats why we have been stuck playing zone defense on the edges from the Nickel alignment since he got here. Last season we finally got a couple SEC caliber corners like Gibson but they were true freshmen. This season we have those guys back plus a freshmen AA tranfer at corner and a safety from MSU that will likely start from day 1 as well on top of all the talent we brought in last season and this season as well. We might be young back there this season...but we finally have the talent and speed to compete with SEC offenses and hopefully play some press man coverage on 3rd/4th and short. Our DBs should be outstanding in 25. Go VOLS!!!

This makes him 1st team AA on the 2 most respected sources...AP and SN. He needs 2 more to be a consensus 1st team AA. Only 3 other UT players have ever been 1st team.

We play Thursday night at 920PM eastern on TNT network. I will watch the 1st half to make sure we win and whatnot.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Yes. If your BMI is over a certain point you have to have a sleep study done to prove you do not have sleep apnea. If you do have sleep apnea you have to bring in a printout of your cpap usage and even then you can only get a 12 month certificate. Then there is diabetes, hearing, color blindness, ext. The physical for truck drivers is more stringent than airline pilots.
The federal goverment is enforcing ridiculous regulations. There's a shocker.

More than half of basketball writers including Vitale and others pick UT to beat Purdue and make the final4....

Not sure thats a good thing but it is certainly a compliment to Barnes and this team.

Edit: only 3 of the 73 picked us to win it all though, and 1 of those is Ron Slay. Former All SEC baller that is one of the very few to ever average 20 points or more for a full season at UT. Hes also a really good dude. I listen to him Thursdays on hookers show and occasionally watch videos from the radio broadcast of him also.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back