Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Just saw Mike Tyson is coming back for a fight in July in Dallas. Even at 57, I wouldn't want to step in the ring with him.

And hes fighting a spoiled blond kid born a millionaire that is undefeated as a boxer (Jake Paul) but has made that record fighting guys 50lbs lighter and several inches shorter than him. Fwiw , Paul seems to have taken boxing seriously and spent a lot of time in the gym. Hes a decent boxer at an amateur level. Not a professional. I hope Tyson knocks him out early. He will again be 6 inches taller and close to 40? Lbs heavier than Mike though. Havent seen Tysons target weight but JP will likely be around 6ft3 240-250? Hes a big kid in his 20s still i think.

Mike is so much shorter than him hes gonna have to stay inside the whole time to even be able to reach the guy. I have heard Tyson is 5ft7 and 5ft9in tall. JP is 6ft3 or 6ft4 . I hope Mike doesnt even "head hunt" assuming it isn't rigged (definitely an assumption) and Mike is trying to hurt this guy and win ASAP...he should never throw a single meaningful punch above JPs chest. The kid will have 6 pack abs or close...he will be on more juice than the 90s Nebraska teams...but Mike could knock him out with body blows early IMO. He can actually land those with full power and good technique instead of reaching for a fighters chin half a foot or more taller than him. FWIW, in my limited amateur experience many moons ago...I would rather take 2 or 3 anywhere above my shoulders than 1 good shot to the kidneys, liver, or even stomach at the wrong time/squeeze/breath. Would love to see Tyson drop this kid with a body blow that shuts down his legs when he craps himself.

Last edited:
here is my prediction for the basketvols.

We come out like our hair is on fire in the Round of 64, big lead, emotions run out they make it close, but we win pretty convincingly. everyone will be back on the bandwagon, "this is the team that will make the final 4" blah blah blah.
Round of 32, we come out a little flat, maybe we lead the whole game, but never fully in control, never reach a double digit lead. get the win. bandwagon people will talk it up as a good tournament win, "you are always going to have those games in a tournament".
Sweet Sixteen and we get bounced. kinda thinking the opponent jumps out to a hot start, we battle back, and maybe take a lead into half and the first part of the second. then a cold streak dooms us towards the end before we try to furiously come back in the last 2 minutes and make it interesting but we dug too deep of a hole.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
here is my prediction for the basketvols.

We come out like our hair is on fire in the Round of 64, big lead, emotions run out they make it close, but we win pretty convincingly. everyone will be back on the bandwagon, "this is the team that will make the final 4" blah blah blah.
Round of 32, we come out a little flat, maybe we lead the whole game, but never fully in control, never reach a double digit lead. get the win. bandwagon people will talk it up as a good tournament win, "you are always going to have those games in a tournament".
Sweet Sixteen and we get bounced. kinda thinking the opponent jumps out to a hot start, we battle back, and maybe take a lead into half and the first part of the second. then a cold streak dooms us towards the end before we try to furiously come back in the last 2 minutes and make it interesting but we dug too deep of a hole.

I kind of like our bracket, not a great deal of really physical teams, physical teams give us trouble. If we play to our potential we could very well make the final four from that bracket. I think we make the elite 8 and get bounced there due to a cold shooting night.

I kind of like our bracket, not a great deal of really physical teams, physical teams give us trouble. If we play to our potential we could very well make the final four from that bracket. I think we make the elite 8 and get bounced there due to a cold shooting night.

Our bracket is set up to make the elite 8, no reason we shouldn't.

So the elite 8 is where we would meet Purdue for a trip to the F4...that would mean we had to beat either Creighton or Kansas in the sweet 16 right? I watched the kansas game at the beginning of the season and we didnt play our best and got beat by about 4 points IIRC? I haven't seen kansas play since that preseason tournament though..i hope that we are better than them now. Hope springs eternal.

I’d guess Holyfield can give the kid some pointers on wearing ear bling with Iron Mike 😂

View attachment 627775
Somethings off about that stare down...theres supposed to be a 5 or 6in difference in height. Right there is maybe an inch. Hmmm will be interesting to see the weigh in/official measurements right before this fight. Hope Tyson wrecks him.

@hog88

Have you been having trouble recently with a list of DOT physical providers?

Was there a change in the federal rules or something?

We’re not having any problems that I’m aware of. I know they have been cracking down on providers that are letting BMI slide, suspending their DOT number (or whatever they call it). Lots of drivers are losing their medical or running on 30 day tickets because of the crackdown.

VN Store

Back