The Official Illinois @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 3/8 6PM EST) (Sat. 3/9 1PM EST) (Sun. 3/10 1PM EST) (All games on SEC NET+)

Crisis may have been adverted…I think I was right all along and panicked…I am an idiot

Won’t be able to watch or follow today. My mother’s funeral is at 1pm but you guys root them on for me.

Though most of us have never had the privilege to meet personally, I think of us all as one big dysfunctional family. May today's farewell to your mom be filled with moments of peace, comfort, and the warm embrace of loving memories. It is my sincere hope that amidst the grief, you find a gentle strength within and the support of those who hold you dear, guiding you towards a path of healing. We are all thinking of you, BigDaddy. ♥️

Are you… saying you shrank?
yep
like my late father i have osteoporosis and started using a prescription nose spray in my 50s when my GP discovered it. Complicated by severe stenosis after MRI by Andrews Sports Clinic

played HS sports, and had on and off gym memberships, llifted weights occasionally until injuring back on either lat machine. I gave up long-distance jogging in my 60s and turned to only walking as i neared 70. Had numerous steroid injections 20202 and underwent surgery over a week ago to have spacers inserted in spine. Surgeon said I would have to hang up golf clubs. Most clubs had found their resting places in water hazards

Haha, I grew up in Rochester (in the suburb of Fairport), small world! My mom received her PhD from U of R and taught at Geneseo
I lived in Fairport 80-85"
My sis is still in Marion - both her kids are UofR grads and now work at the hospital in Rochester. I'm going up in June for a wedding.

Rain all over Tennessee. Some strong enough to shut down the game for a little while but, most of the rain is more like windy showers and should be able to play on through. Go Vols! Take the series today and sweep tomorrow. Don't forget to set your clocks forward this evening or you might miss an inning or too and Church in the morning. Go Lady Vols in softball and basketball as well. One of those burn the remote up days.

Rain all over Tennessee. Some strong enough to shut down the game for a little while but, most of the rain is more like windy showers and should be able to play on through. Go Vols! Take the series today and sweep tomorrow. Don't forget to set your clocks forward this evening or you might miss an inning or too and Church in the morning. Go Lady Vols in softball and basketball as well. One of those burn the remote up days.
6e42a90e6d19a027a19b85e9c388fe5e.jpg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We didn't get too much snow in Webster the two years I was there. We only got 121 inches the first winter and 148 the second. There was a foot of snow on the ground though in mid-March when I moved to Houston. I taught Business Communication to graduate MBA students in the Simon School of Business. Fun times, but way too cold for my tastes. Very cool on the EE. Clearly a smart guy!
It made me smile/chuckle that 121 and 148 inches of snow equates to "we only got", but it's also what I'm kind of looking for. I'm under (perhaps wrongly so) the assumption that because of all the snow that maybe the work force is more focused for a longer period of time that a warmer climate might be?

Any thoughts on that?

--> Even though I live in ATL, when I saw it was going to start raining around 5:30 pm yesterday and that it was perfect outside at 2pm, I chose to golf and do outside stuff and do my lab work when it started raining.

I dislike winter quite a bit, so when warm spring weather arrives, I do all I can to enjoy that as much as possible. As a side note, my favorite class is the lab class I missed. I find lab work truly fun and relaxing, so I didn't mind one bit of spending most of my Friday night in a lab "goofing around" and working at the same time with my lab partner that's a close friend off mine.

Anyway... are people cooped up and more focused on work in the winter months or is it more of a "nope, we're out snowmobiling, ice fishing, skiing etc".

Drew Beam is my favorite pitcher. I believe that without saying so, he's trying to be the modern version of Greg Maddox by learning to paint the corners and expand the strike zone instead of going for 95 mph or more fastballs.

I like his demeanor, focus and that he is cognizant that he shouldn't get too high or low coming off the field until he's done for the day.

VN Store

Back