The Official Illinois @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 3/8 6PM EST) (Sat. 3/9 1PM EST) (Sun. 3/10 1PM EST) (All games on SEC NET+)

Drew Beam is my favorite pitcher. I believe that without saying so, he's trying to be the modern version of Greg Maddox by learning to paint the corners and expand the strike zone instead of going for 95 mph or more fastballs.

I like his demeanor, focus and that he is cognizant that he shouldn't get too high or low coming off the field until he's done for the day.
Plus there's that. Not a lot of Drew's when I was growing up and in a nice way and not mean at all, my friends would call me different versions of Drew depending on what I was doing:

Drew-cilla if I was being girlie-ish or gay-ish
Drew-cifer if I was annoying them.
Drewbydoo for being goofy or they were excited to see me or for me.
Drewpy Drawers if I wasn't as upbeat as normal.
DrewPac for ....? IDK exactly why... (I knew it was a nod towards Tupac, but I'll never be a cool, lowkey, or a rapper etc as he was)
Drewzilla if I went beast mode in lacrosse.

Then if I got sick of it for some reason and told them I'd prefer just "Drew"

So they'd goof on me and call me "Just Drew" .... which...? I kinda liked.

I hope Drew Beam has some of those if he'd like them like I did.

I'd really, REALLY like to see Drew Beam be dialed in today because the weather seems perfect for pitching today.

Plus there's that. Not a lot of Drew's when I was growing up and in a nice way and not mean at all, my friends would call me different versions of Drew depending on what I was doing:

Drew-cilla if I was being girlie-ish or gay-ish
Drew-cifer if I was annoying them.
Drewbydoo for being goofy or they were excited to see me or for me.
Drewpy Drawers if I wasn't as upbeat as normal.
DrewPac for ....? IDK exactly why... (I knew it was a nod towards Tupac, but I'll never be a cool, lowkey, or a rapper etc as he was)
Drewzilla if I went beast mode in lacrosse.

Then if I got sick of it for some reason and told them I'd prefer just "Drew"

So they'd goof on me and call me "Just Drew" .... which...? I kinda liked.

I'd really, REALLY like to see Drew Beam be dialed in today because the weather seems perfect for pitching today.
Ok Andrew

So softball postpones game til 3.
Baseball game still playing at 1.

So it's raining at softball field and not baseball field?

But all joking aside, one plays on turf, the other doesn't. They're trying to play 3 or 4 more softball games on the field this weekend. If it gets too saturated it becomes unplayable (and/or unsafe) for the later games - even if they were able to successfully complete the first game.

VN Store

Back