The Official Illinois @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 3/8 6PM EST) (Sat. 3/9 1PM EST) (Sun. 3/10 1PM EST) (All games on SEC NET+)

Albies is at 2nd, so is Altuve to be fair.

My ideal shortstop is Francisco Lindor, and he’s 5’11”.

It probably is all personal preference. I’ve just noticed when I build a team for the show, or pick out guys I like around the majors.. they’re usually above the 6 foot line.

The racist against them part is all my mom, she really doesn’t like short men. Maybe I shouldn’t have quoted her. Didn’t know this would be so controversial 😂
Nahhhh. It's an excellent topic as far as I'm concerned and I used to be a teeny tiny kid and couldn't cut it as a middle school football player because guys out weighed me by 70+ lbs and I was well under 5' as a 7th grader and literally THE shortest boy in middle school... bullied and picked on constantly which just made me work harder in Lax and (oddly) hoops.

So I switched out football for lacrosse.

Grew to 6'3" ~185 lbs by 11th grade (16 yo)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was in Webster: it's close to a nuclear reactor, southern shore. I'm looking for land that's zoned commercial, but Webster has that. I'd prefer some as close to Syracuse as possible because it would be a shorter flight when I need to be up there.

Down side of where I was looking compared to Webster is the amount of snow they get near the reactor is crazy and Webster is "less crazy".

What did you teach at U of R?

BTW: I go to GT for EE
We didn't get too much snow in Webster the two years I was there. We only got 121 inches the first winter and 148 the second. There was a foot of snow on the ground though in mid-March when I moved to Houston. I taught Business Communication to graduate MBA students in the Simon School of Business. Fun times, but way too cold for my tastes. Very cool on the EE. Clearly a smart guy!

GF goes to UGA.
Friends in Wilmington, NC
House in Alpharetta
Apartment in Atlanta
Looking for a place in NY on the southern shore of Lake Ontario

Small world. I lived on Lake Ontario in Webster (suburb of Rochester NY) when I taught at The University of Rochester.

Haha, I grew up in Rochester (in the suburb of Fairport), small world! My mom received her PhD from U of R and taught at Geneseo

Wait...1PM first pitch today? On a Saturday? Why so early? Looks like the rains would be less of a threat later in the day.

It looks like rain all day. I hope we get this game in or it gets postponed until tomorrow before I leave my house in Jefferson City.

Yep, ya gotta catch em at the right time after the game is over, it might require some hanging around.
Hang out in the parking lot about 45 minutes to an hour after the game, the lot in the right field area near the fraternities, you’ll see other parents there too. Word of caution, autographs are easier after a good win…….

It looks like rain all day. I hope we get this game in or it gets postponed until tomorrow before I leave my house in Jefferson City.
I read the NWS forecast for Knoxville and it says scattered and light showers, no more than a few tenths anywhere. Winds picking up later in the day.
Tomorrow, the high is 52 and windy 😐

It was soaking wet. pouring down rain so on turf it’s a good play vs sailing a throw with a wet ball.
Exactly, a controlled one-hop throw is much more reliable with a wet ball on turf that cutting lose a normal throw over to first. That last grounder hit to Curley, you could see a rooster tail of water flying off the ball the whole way as it cam toward him... smart play on his part. I'm sure CTV has had the team practice wet ball throws since it's not uncommon to play in the rain on turf.

VN Store

Back