It's time for a change

At this point nothing you post👆 has any meaning. First of all it’s not true. What Coach Joy and Coach Sam have added in getting Rickea Jackson, Jewel Spear, Jasmine Powell, Destinee Wells, Jillian Hollingshead, Keyen Green, Alexus Dye, Jordan Walker, Talaysia Cooper, Avery Stickland, Jasmine Franklin to Tennessee is outstanding portal recruiting. You can’t diminish that because you are trying to justify shortcomings elsewhere.

Secondly, Coach Harper has done solid getting Kaniya Boyd, Nyla Brooks, and Finley Chastain to verbally commit early and they have been LV ambassadors in the HS ranks as three respected and highly skilled players.

Tennessee as a team and program with this group of players should be way ahead today. I’ll admit injuries are the biggest setback. After that, it’s no reason to play the way the team does in some phases on the court and be managed as it has internally during games.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too by always pointing to your so called limitations of talent. Tennessee has Rickea Jackson and Jewel Spear. Spear was managed effectively for the first half of the season. That is a theme with Tennessee transfers.

Players are trying to fit a scheme that doesn’t always showcase their abilities. But when the losses piled up, adjustments were made. That’s good but it shouldn’t take a season breaking moment to make necessary changes year in and year out.

Coaches at Iowa (overall), Oklahoma, Colorado, and others are doing more with less talent.

Last edited:
Don't know how much you know about Rick Insell, but he's a better in game x and o coach than almost anyone.
We are led to believe NIL/HS rankings by ESPN wins. So it seems you’re saying if you get the leadership right the rest takes care of itself. Even at a directional school.

Dawn built that from the ground up Mud. She literally “got it out the mud” 😉😂 It’s just not the same.
A note here, in looking at her record I see one theme, wins increased every single year. And as pointed out by @LadyVol1908 you need to look at what the program was when she took the job and realize there was neither talent nor tradition in place. She was not hired at SC to maintain an elite program, she was hired to build one, which she did and which her first five years showed how hard that is to do Esp if you are taking over the worse team in a conference as she did. There are not many coaches that can build an elite program from scratch, let alone maintain that level for ten plus years.

Last edited:
Season not over yet Dawn was tied for fourth SEC season.
In Season five
Kellie will not finished worst than fourth SEC season and will make NCAA tournament.
Yes Dawn had worst team to built.
But no coach has won in five years except Kim who had won Championship at Baylor Bears. first.

Dawn didn't schedule in her first five years like Tennessee schedules
Im guessing.
If Kellie schedule like LSU tigers she would have a better record.

With Oklahoma and Texas Joining the SEC next year.
Tennessee non conference schedule might be easier I'm guessing.

Closeing argument compare Tennessee record in SEC games .
Because Tennessee Scheduled Top two rated schedule.
And some Schedule capcakes non conference like LSU tigers and others.
South CAROLINA played a Tennesse Type Non Schedule.

Kellie has a good record in first five years.
Some one posted she's had a better wining %
Than Tennessee volunteers men s Basketball Rick B.
For context Dawn since fans want to somehow draw parallels to other coaches in another time. Dawn lost 8 (5 in the SEC) games in year 5 at SC.

For context Dawn since fans want to somehow draw parallels to other coaches in another time. Dawn lost 8 (5 in the SEC) games in year 5 at SC.
11 - 5
.In SEC season games 4th finished
Don't know about non conference games who South Carolina played non conference in the 2012-2013 season but never finished above 4th or tied 4th SEC Conferece Games in Dawn Staley first five years at South Carolina
That's contexts for you Majors

In her first five years
Only fair to compare SEC Conference games
Because Tennessee Scheduled Top two non conference
And Kim LSU tigers cupcake schedule non conference
Now Dawn South Carolina non conference had alot top 25 teams in it now.
But doubt Dawn Schedule like that in her 2008-2009 first year 2012-2013 year five .
S

Last edited:
11 - 5
.In SEC season games 4th finished
Don't know about non conference games who South Carolina played non conference in the 2012-2013 season but never finished above 4th or tied 4th SEC Conferece Games

In her first five years
Only fair to compare SEC Conference games
Because Tennessee Scheduled Top two non conference
And Kim LSU tigers cupcake schedule non conference
Now Dawn South Carolina non conference had alot top 25 teams in it now.
But doubt Dawn Schedule like that in her 2008-2009 first year 2012-2013 year five .
S
Far as Kim LSU tigers she already won a championship at Baylor Bears
Name a coach who wasn't a national championship at old school.
Wining National championship in her first five years at a school?
Name Just one ? They maybe one but I don't know of one.

Last edited:
You really think she wants her team to commit turnovers? They had nine in the last game is that ok? Seems they are at least working on trying to fix the problem not just shrugging it off as you say
We've seen and discussed recent video of KJH making them run in practice the instant they make a turnover. But disturbingly, since 2016 we live in an environment where people, esp online, feel free to lie and ignore with impunity even when there's strong evidence to the contrary. Show them the video and they still say "I was misquoted". Excuse the political off topic, but this is terrifying to me.

We are led to believe NIL/HS rankings by ESPN wins. So it seems you’re saying if you get the leadership right the rest takes care of itself. Even at a directional school.
No, I meant exactly what I said. Insell is an in game master, esp if you show up depleted, depressed, and on that occasion, not very well prepared. But if leadership was all that was needed, MTSU would have won multiple nattys under him.

Actually, it proves exactly what 2012 and I have been saying. Even great coaches like Insell need elite talent to compete for national rankiing these days. A not as great coach has a much better chance if they have an elite roster than a great coach like Insell has with mid major talent.

We've seen and discussed recent video of KJH making them run in practice the instant they make a turnover. But disturbingly, since 2016 we live in an environment where people, esp online, feel free to lie and ignore with impunity even when there's strong evidence to the contrary. Show them the video and they still say "I was misquoted". Excuse the political off topic, but this is terrifying to me.

No, I meant exactly what I said. Insell is an in game master, esp if you show up depleted, depressed, and on that occasion, not very well prepared. But if leadership was all that was needed, MTSU would have won multiple nattys under him.

Actually, it proves exactly what 2012 and I have been saying. Even great coaches like Insell need elite talent to compete for national rankiing these days. A not as great coach has a much better chance if they have an elite roster than a great coach like Insell has with mid major talent.
Talent is nice but not guaranteed wins. Good coaching can last with less talent.

Reactions: brittannica
Yep, and I think the theme that sticks out to me is that her teams got recognizably better every year in the first five years of her rebuild. It was progress every year and it showed in the W-L records. At a program that was at rock bottom, an AD does not fire someone making progress annually; maybe at a Uconn, UT or similar place it wouldn’t be enough, but she was winning 25 games a year by her 4th season at a place where that had not been done.

Yep, and I think the theme that sticks out to me is that her teams got recognizably better every year in the first five years of her rebuild. It was progress every year and it showed in the W-L records.
Drawing parallels isn’t the way to go. As it has no bearing or outcome to how the LV season/trajectory will go. From other past teams to our men’s teams.

We’ve seen our seasons trend backwards as the league goes back too.

Reactions: brittannica
Talent is nice but not guaranteed wins. Good coaching can last with less talent.
We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO elite talent can lift non-elite coaching way more than elite coaching can lift non-elite talent. A rare few coaches can do enough "more with less" to win the games you need in order to start raking in the elite talent. But not many, and so far that includes KJH. Just can't get over the "win big games with less talent" hump.

That's why coaches like your Dawn stockpile it in to levels where even 5 stars have no chance of playing and end up transferring.

We'll have to agree to disagree. IMO elite talent can lift non-elite coaching way more than elite coaching can lift non-elite talent. A rare few coaches can do enough "more with less" to win the games you need in order to start raking in the elite talent. But not many, and so far that includes KJH. Just can't get over the "win big games with less talent" hump.

That's why coaches like your Dawn stockpile it in to levels where even 5 stars have no chance of playing and end up transferring.
The great ones build from the bottom up. The coaches TN is chasing again, were those coaches…more with less first.

The great ones build from the bottom up. The coaches TN is chasing again, were those coaches…more with less first.
On this we can agree, and I've said it many times. KJH so far has not been able to do the more with less that it takes to consistently snag the major recruits. Probably lots of reasons, NIL, etc. Also she has some of the worst luck with injuries, illness, etc of any coach I've ever seen. But bottom line is so far, she's about an equal with less coach, as you say, constantly treading water. It's decent water, at least not at the bottom of the pool, but never able to swim to the surface.

Drawing parallels isn’t the way to go. As it has no bearing or outcome to how the LV season/trajectory will go. From other past teams to our men’s teams.

We’ve seen our seasons trend backwards as the league goes back too.
I picked Dawn Staley because some said Kellie should be fired if theY lose plus twenty in Knoxville.
Still waiting on a coach wining their first National championship at a School.
In their first five years at that school.
Anybody welcome to help majors name said coach.
Don't count coaches like Kim LSU tigers won had won a championship at Baylor Bears

or they find foundational players that want to be foundational players and put role-players around them

You can build champions many ways

The key is the right mix (coaches, staff, players, parents) for the right product

Elite talent with even fair coaching should stay elite...It is when the elite talent realizes it is the way the team wins that things begin to change.

Talent has to respect its coaching,,,that it has proper coaching
Talent wants to be more talented

when talent seeks coaching, they want to be more than they are, not better at what they've always done

Reactions: 1reVOLver
It’s funny seeing people with so much to say are quiet with Jewel Spear getting major recognition as SEC Player of the Week and Honorable Mention NCAAW Player of the Week!
The NVs and others trying to control the narrative and failing as usual 🍊🫶🏽!

Wake the NVs and SEC fan club/SC fans up they sleep!

Lets go!
Lets GBO🍊!

It’s funny seeing people with so much to say are quiet with Jewel Spear getting major recognition as SEC Player of the Week and Honorable Mention NCAAW Player of the Week!
The NVs and others trying to control the narrative and failing as usual 🍊🫶🏽!

Wake the NVs and SEC fan club/SC fans up they sleep!
Not that it matters in your strange world, but that's not true. A post about Jewel's much deserved honor went up in the proper thread, Lady Vol News, within minutes of being announced. And has been viewed, liked, and commented on many times. The Lady Vols have made numerous posts about Jewel's honor on twitter, and several new articles on Jewel are out by both Cora and Maria. But never, ever let facts get in the way.

Not sure why sowing division and making victims of certain players is so important to you. Jewel is such a happy warrior, she deserves better than that kind of negative fandom.

Last edited:
Not that it matters in your strange world, but that's not true. A post about Jewel's much deserved honor went up in the proper thread, Lady Vol News, within minutes of being announced. And has been viewed, liked, and commented on many times. The Lady Vols have made numerous posts about it on twitter, and several new articles on Jewel are out. But never, ever let facts get in the way.

Not sure why sowing division and making victims of certain players is so important to you. Jewel is such a happy warrior, she deserves better than that.

You using the word strange in a post is as contradictory as it can get.

Like I said, you barely have any positive dialogue with true LV fans on this forum. Everything you post is basically a backhand compliment to the program.

This program (Tennessee) gets any recognition such as game analysts talking positive about the team, player accolades such as Jewel Spear it gets a footnote mentioned then back to bickering about topics like recruiting.

Tennessee has two potential future Top 10 commits and even they barely get mentioned but once any player in the class of 2024,2025,2026, or 2027 commits to another school you better believe it’s going to be pages talking about recruiting.

Until recently, strange is you trying to downplay every player on the roster except one and now all of sudden acting like it never happened and jumping on the bandwagon because you were proven wrong.

Reactions: Majac
South Carolina non conference schedule

November 9 Elon
November 12 Louisiana tech
November Savannah state
November 18 Clemson
November 22 Hampton
November 23 Florida Golf Coast
November 24 DePaul
November 28 Drexel over time win 58-55
December 2 Sent on Hall
December 9 Furman
December 19 Standford loss 53-49
December 21 South Carolina State
December 29 Western Carolina
Only Standford stands out. To me.
Not a Tennesse historically type schedule
I would bet Tennessee this year wouldn't have lost as many as Tennessee non conference schedule.with that non conference schedule.

Dawn Staley Schedule top teams . In her Schedule now

Dawn Staley South Carolina year five non conference schedule.

I would put Kellie non conference schedule up against any non conference schedule from any other school in their five years at school who are still looking for their first National championship as a college coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Not that it matters in your strange world, but that's not true. A post about Jewel's much deserved honor went up in the proper thread, Lady Vol News, within minutes of being announced. And has been viewed, liked, and commented on many times. The Lady Vols have made numerous posts about Jewel's honor on twitter, and several new articles on Jewel are out by both Cora and Maria. But never, ever let facts get in the way.

Not sure why sowing division and making victims of certain players is so important to you. Jewel is such a happy warrior, she deserves better than that kind of negative fandom.
And fans in four lady Vols basketball group pages have posted positive of Jewel Spear.
On Facebook groups sites

Reactions: glv98
South Carolina non conference schedule

November 9 Elon
November 12 Louisiana tech
November Savannah state
November 18 Clemson
November 22 Hampton
November 23 Florida Golf Coast
November 24 DePaul
November 28 Drexel over time win 58-55
December 2 Sent on Hall
December 9 Furman
December 19 Standford loss 53-49
December 21 South Carolina State
December 29 Western Carolina
Only Standford stands out. To me.
Not a Tennesse historically type schedule
I would bet Tennessee this year wouldn't have lost as many as Tennessee non conference schedule.with that non conference schedule.

Dawn Staley Schedule top teams . In her Schedule now

Dawn Staley South Carolina year five non conference schedule.
So the schtick is off for now? Or someone helped you type this? Not.

So the schtick is off for now? Or someone helped you type this? Not.
Using onn box streaming device
It has spell sbubjections
Way better than a firestick.
Have Table and a computer but I like posting on my steaming devices
Might joke about my use English sentences.
But do live small Tennessee area around fifty houses
Have grandfather who died in WW2 and others family who were in wars.
The ones who I'm talk to and served in war didn't ask about their war time just listen when they were talking about it.

Using onn box streaming device
It has spell sbubjections
Way better than a firestick.
Have Table and a computer but I like posting on my steaming devices
Might joke about my use English sentences.
But do live small Tennessee area around fifty houses
Have grandfather who died in WW2 and others family who were in wars.
The ones who I'm talk to and served in war didn't ask about their war time just listen when they were talking about it.
There you go, back to the persona. Well done.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98
There you go, back to the persona. Well done.
I do live Area where less around fifty houses.
My grandfather died in WW2
Not joking on that
Wheather believe or not

I never been in arm forces
But have family who have.
Not going back and forth with you.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back