It's time for a change

At this point all we can do is wait and see!! For sure I do not think we will beat USC and LSU. The rest will depend upon coaching and how she organizes her lineups and in game changes.
If she gets fired for any reason it will be recruiting and for that reason alone. She has won enough with the talent she has her SEC record is 62 and 18. I agree she hasn't been able to recruit anywhere she has coached and thus the results. She could win with SC roster any coach in the SEC could. Elite players provide results that is how Coach Summitt won, Geno, and now Dawn. I agree she's had five years to recruit the best hasn't happened so yes maybe she will be gone. Talent makes coaches not the other way around.

Talent makes coaches not the other way around.
MTSU have more talent than us or better coaching? Those coaches you mentioned won with less over time before taking off. Pearl and Barnes took over programs at the middle/bottom and coached the talent up, schemed and elevated the program. If talent makes coaches any coach with a pulse and could recruit would cut down nets.

MTSU have more talent than us or better coaching? Those coaches you mentioned won with less over time before taking off. Pearl and Barnes took over programs at the middle/bottom and coached the talent up, schemed and elevated the program. If talent makes coaches any coach with a pulse and could recruit would cut down nets.
They had as much that night without Rickea and Tamari. One girl throwing down 30 foot threes. Plus one game upsets happen not over the long haul. If any coach could recruit like Sc they could do just that cut them down. You ever look at Dawn and Genos five year record in the beginning without talent that is all you need to know about coaching.

They had as much that night without Rickea and Tamari. One girl throwing down 30 foot threes. Plus one game upsets happen not over the long haul. If any coach could recruit like Sc they could do just that cut them down. You ever look at Dawn and Genos five year record in the beginning without talent that is all you need to know about coaching.
We still had Spear, Wells and Powell correct? Tess, Puckett and Striplin as well. So again, does MTSU have more talent or better coaching?

We are not in year 5, running clock at year 20.

Reactions: Dansky
We still had Spear, Wells and Powell correct? Tess, Puckett and Striplin as well.

We are not in year 5, running clock at year 20.
In all 20 years her talent level has never been close to Pat Summit, Geno, Dawn in their last 10 years. You think she had those kind of players at West Carolina, NC St, Missouri St, or Tennessee. She still made a lot of NCAA tourneys. Spear and Powell are good players the rest are average players. None can stand up to the lineups of Sc and several other teams in the country this season. Look I get you, have for a long time, you think she can't coach at all. I think it is all about recruiting and so the argument can end. I get your agenda just show me one year in her coaching career she had even three top ten players in any hoopsgurlz top 100.

In all 20 years her talent level has never been close to Pat Summit, Geno, Dawn in their last 10 years. You think she had those kind of players at West Carolina, NC St, Missouri St, or Tennessee. She still made a lot of NCAA tourneys. Spear and Powell are good players the rest are average players. None can stand up to the lineups of Sc and several other teams in the country this season. Look I get you, have for a long time, you think she can't coach at all. I think it is all about recruiting and so the argument can end. I get your agenda just show me one year in her coaching career she had even three top ten players in any hoopsgurlz top 100.
Were those coaches handed talent or didn’t they coach/recruit to get the talent from what they had? She’ll never be in the conversation as those 3 mentioned. So not sure why posters zig and zag trying to somehow validate their success to her lack of.

Reactions: dazzleme
Were those coaches handed talent or didn’t they coach/recruit to get the talent from what they had? She’ll never be in the conversation as those 3 mentioned. So not sure why posters zig and zag trying to somehow validate their success to her lack of.
They were not handed talent they recruited it and I have admitted she is a bad recruiter, but if she were to ever get those top ten players we could get back to this conversation again, until then ,or as you say never going to happen, guess we won't get the answer. I think 62 and 18 SEC record with the players she's had here is excellent. Certainly not good enough to beat teams with top 30 hoopgurlz talent 12 and 32. We need to change personnel with any of them and then we can see if there is an argument.

They were not handed talent they recruited it and I have admitted she is a bad recruiter, but if she were to ever get those top ten players we could get back to this conversation again, until then ,or as you say never going to happen, guess we won't get the answer. I think 62 and 18 SEC record with the players she's had here is excellent. Certainly not good enough to beat teams with top 30 hoopgurlz talent 12 and 32. We need to change personnel with any of them and then we can see if there is an argument.
62-18 seems on par and where we should be over her years. League as a whole hasn’t been strong and has gotten weaker each year.

Teams ranked in the top 25 starting in year 1 to now…5(NR),6 (13), 4(18) 3 (24), 2 (NR).

62-18 seems on par and where we should be over her years. League as a whole hasn’t been strong and has gotten weaker each year.

Teams ranked in the top 25 starting in year 1 to now…5(NR),6 (13), 4(18) 3 (24), 2 (NR).
Finish third every year which is suitable for the rosters. Only had one roster I thought was top twenty quality. Two NCAA sweet sixteens. Certainly looking for better or satisfied with the status quo. Answer coming soon.

Reactions: brittannica
Finish third every year which is suitable for the rosters. Only had one roster I thought was top twenty quality. Two NCAA sweet sixteens. Certainly looking for better or satisfied with the status quo. Answer coming soon.
First year was a log jam of 3rd place finishers. We’ve just been able to tread.
But agree, answer coming soon.

Reactions: Volfan2012

Recruiting is obviously a huge part of the job. To be a bad recruiter with our tradition should probably be a sackable offense--seriously. It's disingenuous to keep citing the fact that she hasn't had elite talent when it's her job to get it.

Recruiting is obviously a huge part of the job. To be a bad recruiter with our tradition should probably be a sackable offense--seriously. It's disingenuous to keep citing the fact that she hasn't had elite talent when it's her job to get it.
Recruiting is most of the job. We remember Barnes first two seasons here. Genos first five. Dawns first few years at Sc. If you were reading the posts that wasn't what was being discussed. She has certainly failed to recruit and that is why I was telling this person that it would be the reason she gets fired. That person was implying she couldn't coach a team with top ten talent and I disagree. I think she could coach the SC team just fine. She doesn't have it doesn't look like she will ever get them so when or if she is fired it will be recruiting. She is not winning anymore than she has with the team talent she has put on the floor. not many coaches out there that could if any.

If she gets fired for any reason it will be recruiting and for that reason alone. She has won enough with the talent she has her SEC record is 62 and 18. I agree she hasn't been able to recruit anywhere she has coached and thus the results. She could win with SC roster any coach in the SEC could. Elite players provide results that is how Coach Summitt won, Geno, and now Dawn. I agree she's had five years to recruit the best hasn't happened so yes maybe she will be gone. Talent makes coaches not the other way around.
Actually I agree with you to a point, but if she knows that she can’t recruit she had better surround herself with a staff who can get it done. Talent does make a coach but they have to know how to coach the talent they have. Geno and Dawn get talent and they put their talent in position to be successful. KJH does not always put her talent in position to win. She makes few in game changes and many time will not call timeouts to redirect her team when things start going South.

Actually I agree with you to a point, but if she knows that she can’t recruit she had better surround herself with a staff who can get it done.
Unless the staff that needs to be changed out is the one in charge of soliciting NIL money. Of course NIL is in limbo right now, but when new (or any) rules come out, I hope getting sufficient NIL for the LVs becomes possible.
KJH does not always put her talent in position to win.
The counter argument would be she just hasn't had enough talent to put in a position to win the big games she needs so badly.

Fully aware a string of posts saying these are just lame excuses are about to follow. That's fine, I'm just making those arguments. I actually do believe NIL is a big part of the problem, I've heard that from a few "inside" sources now.

Unless the staff that needs to be changed out is the one in charge of soliciting NIL money. Of course NIL is in limbo right now, but when new (or any) rules come out, I hope getting sufficient NIL for the LVs becomes possible.

The counter argument would be she just hasn't had enough talent to put in a position to win the big games she needs so badly.

Fully aware a string of posts saying these are just lame excuses are about to follow. That's fine, I'm just making those arguments. I actually do believe NIL is a big part of the problem, I've heard that from a few "inside" sources now.
I can’t argue if CJH has the talent to beat the better teams or not, prior to NIL she was not exactly setting the recruiting world on fire. She has done a decent job recruiting the portal. She does have quality players in Jackson, Spear, Powell, Key, Wynn and Puckett. Hollingshed, Tess Darby, Striplin, and even Ace are decent subs if not on the floor together at the same time and they are not starters.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Dawn Staley first five years at South Carolina
Overall record SEC. Record Post season

09 (10-18). (2-12) 11th
2010 (14-15). (7-9) tie 7th
20111 (18-15) (8-8) tie 5th Wint second round
2012. (25-10)) (10-6) 4 th NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2013 (25-8). (11-5) tie 4 Second round NCAA

She's been fired if it was up to some of you all

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan

09 (10-18). (2-12) 11th

If she posted that record at TN,,,yep

09 (10-18). (2-12) 11th

Dawn built that from the ground up Mud. She literally “got it out the mud” 😉😂 It’s just not the same.

Agree. It's apparent that, for whatever reason, top kids/recruits don't want to play for her. That's a problem.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Recruiting is most of the job. We remember Barnes first two seasons here. Genos first five. Dawns first few years at Sc. If you were reading the posts that wasn't what was being discussed. She has certainly failed to recruit and that is why I was telling this person that it would be the reason she gets fired. That person was implying she couldn't coach a team with top ten talent and I disagree. I think she could coach the SC team just fine. She doesn't have it doesn't look like she will ever get them so when or if she is fired it will be recruiting. She is not winning anymore than she has with the team talent she has put on the floor. not many coaches out there that could if any.
Not sure that a coach who shrugs at the massive amounts of turnovers committed by her team is a great coach.

09 (10-18). (2-12) 11th

I see improvement there. Not dropping out of the top 25 with a risk of not making the tourney at year 5...

Reactions: Dansky
I see improvement there. Not dropping out of the top 25 with a risk of not making the tourney at year 5...
Season not over yet Dawn was tied for fourth SEC season.
In Season five
Kellie will not finished worst than fourth SEC season and will make NCAA tournament.
Yes Dawn had worst team to built.
But no coach has won in five years except Kim who had won Championship at Baylor Bears. first.

Dawn didn't schedule in her first five years like Tennessee schedules
Im guessing.
If Kellie schedule like LSU tigers she would have a better record.

With Oklahoma and Texas Joining the SEC next year.
Tennessee non conference schedule might be easier I'm guessing.

Closeing argument compare Tennessee record in SEC games .
Because Tennessee Scheduled Top two rated schedule.
And some Schedule capcakes non conference like LSU tigers and others.
South CAROLINA played a Tennesse Type Non Schedule.

Kellie has a good record in first five years.
Some one posted she's had a better wining %
Than Tennessee volunteers men s Basketball Rick B.

Last edited:
Not sure that a coach who shrugs at the massive amounts of turnovers committed by her team is a great coach.
You really think she wants her team to commit turnovers? They had nine in the last game is that ok? Seems they are at least working on trying to fix the problem not just shrugging it off as you say. Who says she is a great coach she doesn't have the players to be a great coach. Takes more talent on a team to be great cause players make that happen. Big part of being a great coach is recruiting and were not getting it done in that area.

VN Store

Back