Statement from Danny White

I'm sure they will, but the simple counter is UGA must not have your best interest in mind. Here at UT we want you to make as much NIL money as you can possibly make and our state just so happens to have the collective setup to do just that. The NCAA is fighting a losing battle.
If UGA does use negative recruiting then we need to market that UGA has no interest in players’ rights or interest.

Every school was for years before NIL. Bama is just the easy scapegoat bc you hate them. We were probably doing ut just as much as them. We were just stupid enough to get caught.

This post is just plain ignorance. Bama's been cheating for DECADES. I don't remember the exact number, but something like 9 of the 11 employees that UT fired (including Pruitt) came from Alabama with Pruitt to UT.

Wouldn’t surprise me if all of this is coordinated. We’ll see more come out day by day. The coup de grace would be if the conference issues a statement and I think at some point they have to. Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri, Texas all those schools would have a target on their back if NCAA can use retroactive enforcement against NIL programs.
Unless Alabama needs to be defended, I do not see the inept SEC office or commissioner getting involved. Hope I am wrong.

This could spell the end of the NCAA. Their dictatorship over collegiate sports was already weakened but, I believe UT will gather some advocates over the next few days and they will crush the NCAA.

I thought when UT hired DW and JH, they would be a powerful team. That has turned out to be true. It makes me want to scratch my wrists just so I can watch the orange checkerboard blood seep out. I love the Vols.

Unless Alabama needs to be defended, I do not see the inept SEC office or commissioner getting involved. Hope I am wrong.
He won’t get involved early regardless. Notice of allegations would have to be received. More I’ve listened to the media and lawyers on this the more I think the NCAA is dead after this. NCAA has tried for years to get an antitrust exemption and hasn’t been able to. Tennessee will kill them in the court bc there is no way the ncaa can defend their position; they knew this which is why they were seeking an exemption.

NCAA can argue with a straight face that some colleges are recruiting without enticement from NIL programs but the reality is it is a paid market right now; it’s a paid market for playing college football. It always was; just now the athletes are getting a piece of the pie. Limiting the market they can pursue in any way is going to be deemed illegal; hell the ncaa as stupid as they are even realizes this.

Good God Almighty!!! Mr. White used the word "Silly" in his public bashing of the NCAA. I love it, you love it but, time will only tell if the paranoid, disorganized and low self esteem NCAA folks will admonish Mr. White for his whimsical references.

Thank you Mr. White.

I don't blame anybody trying to drum up additional public support, but speaking from experience simply stating everybody else is doing the same thing rarely gets you anywhere, even when it's true. White needs to find a few of his buddies in the family rolodex to join in on the lawsuit in whatever spare time he has remaining while he's out looking for a new women's basketball coach.

Outlaw NIL from recruiting and you solve this problem. NIL was not conceived to be used a recruiting tool--but owing to vague
language and rules the major programs have corrupted it and turned it effectively into a bribery contest for prospects. In doing so
they've turned top high-school prospects into money-grubbing mercenaries. I'm pretty sure that's not what college is supposed to be about--
even if the fans--most have whom have not been to college--are fixated on winning games as opposed to the totality of the college experience.

Certainly, all D1 programs below the major-college level should support a ban on NIL for recruiting purposes as it now simply benefits major programs with the most rich booster crazies. It's time to TRY and restore a scintilla of integrity to college football before it goes completely down the ethical toilet. It's about three-quarters of the way down the hole now.

That train has left the station. It's NFL jr now. Money begats corruption.

We will know for sure if, and when we see the SEC office reaction to this. If they fail to react then you know this is driven by Alabama.

You KNOW bama is worried. NIL did them NO GOOD as they were already paying players 6 figures. Now they see UT with a (6) star QB that they would have had if they wanted him. I imagine bama is mentally preparing for at least 2 losses with Nico at UT. SABAN quit over the NIL, that took his edge away.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
The toothpaste is out of the tube. There is no way to walk any of this back now. I know you would never admit this knowing your politics, but Condi Rice was absolutely spot on. The NCAA is way behind the power curve and are starting to look stupid.
and biased

Another day and just crickets from the commissioner. No other SEC schools have come to their aid or stood in solidarity with the Vols in their time of need. The SEC conference gladley takes all the money TN brings in, but refuses to stand with them when they are in a very great need of help and support.

Reactions: onevol74
Another day and just crickets from the commissioner. No other SEC schools have come to their aid or stood in solidarity with the Vols in their time of need. The SEC conference gladley takes all the money TN brings in, but refuses to stand with them when they are in a very great need of help and support.
They literally came out and joined together with the Big 10 to form what will ultimately dismantle the NCAA

You must have missed the news lol

The NCAA basically forced us to respond in this fashion. National signing day is Feb 7th. Interesting timing for this “leaked” article to come out. If we don’t respond this way, with confidence and boldness, it would have a bigger impact on our 2024 recruits that haven’t signed yet.

Reactions: davethevol
They literally came out and joined together with the Big 10 to form what will ultimately dismantle the NCAA
That could just be a public relations alliance, that will work with the NCAA to make sure that they are in complete compliance with the rules regarding NIL. Until Sankey releases a statement that he will support TN against the NCAA, I'm going to remain skeptical.

Reactions: bolvols
Serious question if they think the lone Nico deal is a serious violation, why aren’t they at Colorado climbing thru coach prime?

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back