Recruiting Football Talk VII

I would like to request prayer for my dad, in the past week he has found out that he has cirrhosis of the liver, that his kidneys are shutting down and that he has stage 4 cancer.
Prayers sent
I would like to request prayer for my dad, in the past week he has found out that he has cirrhosis of the liver, that his kidneys are shutting down and that he has stage 4 cancer.

Surely not... Your QB transfers and the backup goes down in like the second series. Are people gonna be raising hell in here if, God forbid, Nico goes down and Gaston Moore plays the whole game? OSU held a very good Mizzou offense to zero points in the first three quarters. A Mizzou team that rolled in with virtually zero opt outs.

If the Ohio State team that played Michigan shows up, just in terms of personnel, the game is over in the 4th.

Playing some game post transfers and opt outs, "technically not an exhibition" doesn't mean it isnt effectively just an exhibition. These teams in bowl season exist in this depleted form for exactly one game a year.
Listened to Bet the Board, they did compare non CFP bowls to NFL preseason, but even more difficult to handicap. They agreed with what Chip Kelly put forth. CFB calendar needs massive adjustment. The current portal window needs to be moved out of December. Also CFB is a rudderless ship...ESPN is running the show. Top 70-ish teams need to be independent in football. Like it or not, NFL is a superior product, talent wise, that is why CFB can't have talent acquisition like the NFL. Without massive changes to stem issues with calendar and transfer portal (aka "wild west" free agency) CFB is turning into NFL minor leagues.

They are as stacked in talent as AL and GA. And what have they done with it? Nothing. Plus losing to MI. Yeah, his seat is hot.
It is as simple as this. Good post, Sweet!

They have every advantage there can be. Elite players, facilities, donors, fanbase, media coverage, tradition, etc. Yet, they have no QBs capable of winning big games and a step behind the times in O scheme and system. But ask them and most of the residents of the state and they believe they are still all that.

Which makes the "L" all the more enjoyable to watch. Hope to watch many more.

It is as simple as this. Good post, Sweet!

They have every advantage there can be. Elite players, facilities, donors, fanbase, media coverage, tradition, etc. Yet, they have no QBs capable of winning big games and a step behind the times in O scheme and system. But ask them and most of the residents of the state and they believe they are still all that.

Which makes the "L" all the more enjoyable to watch. Hope to watch many more.
There is/has been a slow annual decline since Urban left. Soon enough they will look like Clemson post great assistants. They will have dudes and yet play for nothing significant. Massive coaching gap between Harbaugh and Day. It’s the same thing with Oregon and Washington. Oregon has the players but Washington has the coach.

There is/has been a slow annual decline since Urban left. Soon enough they will look like Clemson post great assistants. They will have dudes and yet play for nothing significant. Massive coaching gap between Harbaugh and Day. It’s the same thing with Oregon and Washington. Oregon has the players but Washington has the coach.
Agree completely. OSU is a case of pride goeth before the fall. Delusional bunch, always have been. Lived in that state for a time. Could not wait to get out of there.

Spot on with the Ducks/Huskies.

They were declining at the end of his time there...after Tebow his cheat code departed. Great classes that didn't produce. Hence "heart attack" and "retirement".

Preach it Doug!

I am always amazed at the people who cannot think beyond just point A to point B.

This is a transition to something different. It will not stay this way.

But I'm sure Division II football will be more attractive now for those who hate players being compensated and free to move around like coaches and college admin staff do.

I am always amazed at the people who cannot think beyond just point A to point B.

This is a transition to something different. It will not stay this way.

But I'm sure Division II football will be more attractive now for those who hate players being compensated and free to move around like coaches and college admin staff do.
So......it's good for college football that the bowl games suck.
Gotcha.

Preach it Doug!

Bowls sucked back when the powers that be selected the NC contenders in the preseason and did everything to write those matchups into existence. Fans of teams always made up the difference. Trying to shoehorn bowls into glorified playoffs has been an exercise in futility. Embrace the FBS version of the playoffs and the FCS version has shown the relative excitement involved. Bowls will continue as consolation prizes to those that couldn't make the cut and they're valuable for the practice time and fond farewell to the season. But the nostalgia involved in what was always a money grab that grew out of control is misplaced imo.

VN Store

Back