The Goodyear Cotton Bowl: #9 Missouri (10-2) vs #7 Ohio State (11-1) (8PM ET, ESPN)

So is it time to fire Day? I thought it was silly when OSU people starting saying that after losing to Michigan. But when, if all reporting is to be true, you basically tell your starting QB to hit the road and then go and only score 3 points in a bowl game, it’s hard for me to not say he’s gotta go.

Reactions: 508mikey
They have to go to Bammer and they host Oklahoma next year. Won’t be an easy time

Their schedule looks easy on paper, but could be harder than they anticipate.
-Boston College handled an 11 win SMU team pretty easily. They have some good players.
-They are going to be a must win game for A&M, who has a bunch of tough opponents and College Station is always tough to win in.
-Auburn will probably be improved.
-Bama is a loss.
-Oklahoma is always a tough team to beat.
-And then road games to Starkville and Willy B, which are underrated SEC environments.

I think they’re an 8-4 team.

So is it time to fire Day? I thought it was silly when OSU people starting saying that after losing to Michigan. But when, if all reporting is to be true, you basically tell your starting QB to hit the road and then go and only score 3 points in a bowl game, it’s hard for me to not say he’s gotta go.
Don’t think that Day told McCord to take a hike, was said that McCord wanted a guarantee that he would be the starter next year and Day declined. Also the reason why McCord passed on Nebraska when most people thought he would end up there.

Reactions: gomovol
There goes Drink talking his smack after the game. He'll never do it beforehand though...

He is the biggest p*ssy in the game right now. Be glad you’re not playing in Neyland next year, Drink. You see what happened to South Carolina this year after they ran their mouths all off-season? That’s coming your way in 2025.

Reactions: VAVol85
Don’t think that Day told McCord to take a hike, was said that McCord wanted a guarantee that he would be the starter next year and Day declined. Also the reason why McCord passed on Nebraska when most people thought he would end up there.
Gotcha. I don’t follow OSU football outside of what’s reported on sites like Athletic and 247. The gist I got was Day didn’t like McCord so basically said goodbye. Regardless of the reasoning, this isn’t a good look for him.

Biggest bowl win for Mizzou in years let them enjoy it. We celebrated big time last season too after winning the Orange bowl which was our biggest bowl win since the 1999 Fiesta bowl
I didn’t refer to ourselves as Orange Bowl Champions. We won the Orange Bowl. We were not champions.

It helps when you play the bowl game with pretty much your whole team from the season and play against a team that had several key players not playing. Just saying.
Yeah, I just looked it up. In all, between opt outs, transfers, and injuries, they had 24 players missing. It's hard enough losing your qb's, but that's a lot to overcome.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Biggest bowl win for Mizzou in years let them enjoy it. We celebrated big time last season too after winning the Orange bowl which was our biggest bowl win since the 1999 Fiesta bowl

We won the Cotton Bowl in 2005, but point taken. I don’t begrudge Mizzou for celebrating. It was a great win and a great season. I’m pissed that my team’s terrible performance allowed them to get there.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Don’t really remember him bitching about Heupel. After the game last season he was asked point blank if Tennessee ran up the score, and his response was no, it’s our job to stop them. Ask why wouldn’t you have the starters in the game up 11 with a minute to go?
I stand corrected. I should have clarified that it was tigernation that was offended. Dork gave the right answer.

VN Store

Back