Recruiting Football Talk VII

After firing Bruce Pearl over a BBQ and recently our own administration getting the football program in trouble for recruiting violations, it's pretty clear we're not a win at any cost program.
The analysis for the football program was more than just turning ourselves in. People can debate it all they want, but it led to firing a bad football coach for cause, saving $10 million (minus expenses) and ultimately causing further investigations by the NCAA on our campus. It also resulted in the coach getting a show cause which currently prevents him from getting a job at Bama. In hindsight, the correct moves were made.

I can still accept that we may not "win at all costs." I am as competitive as the next person, but integrity does still mean something to me, especially as an alum of the university.

Call me crazy, but I don't think they should give anyone spots. If you're a P5 team and win the conference championship BUT have 4 losses I'm not sure you should be in the playoffs. One game shouldn't overshadow the rest of the season.

Same for G5, being the best team from the G5 should only give you a spot if you're on equal or better footing as other teams that played harder P5 schedules. I don't want to see a 4 losses G5 team just given a spot because they're the highest ranked G5 school. You play an easier road, results should reflect that if you're actually a good enough team.

But usually the P5 conference winners are teams that should be in the CFPs. I'm curious to see how things change with the SEC if we're not going to have divisions anymore.
The nfl doesn't care how easy your road is, and everyone seems to want that model.

VN Store

Back