Recruiting Football Talk VII

Im like you, new trucks are overpriced. I'm happy with a mid-90s truck that i can actually work on when something happens. Still, the new trucks are nice, but I'd have it torn up in a month.

You can get a new 2024 Yukon base model for only $73,500 👀🤦🏻‍♂️
I just bought a 2022 Yukon Denali XL.

It was not cheap. Ughhh ha

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
@SoilVol

I picked up an odd occurrence on my game cam here behind my house. I've not seen anything like this. I think it's a flying squirrel but I didn't know they were around here. It literally flew about 30'. It was about half the size of a regular squirrel. I get squirrels all the time but only from dusk to dark. This was 1:30AM. Would it be a flying squirrel?
Just name him Rocky and move on.

As I see it the biggest difference between 2022 Vols and 2023 Vols was the smooth consistency of our offense. I think most would agree our defense was better this year but we had way way too many 3 and outs. Florida and Missouri are both prime examples of this.
If Nico can run our system closer to 22 level than 23 we should be alright 🧡👊🏻

I was gonna say, I hope you like talking to people. Dad and I fixed up a Tahoe about the same year as your Yukon and we couldn't get gas without someone wanting offering to buy it.

I'm working on a 96 Bronco now...and it looks ROUGH. No rust, but more than a few bent panels and trail scars. People still say something every time its out.
people even pull over to get a look.

1702489782669.jpeg

If he didn’t, he’s major stupid.
Vols, Oregon, Ohio st .
You know they all had a large bag for him.
Plus they all are much better destinations.
I'd bet he saw an immediate 100k or so as better than the deal we had because he has a short term mentality. He's 18 or under so it's not unusual. But... He will be a flight risk at all times.

I think most players that "flex" that they turned down big NIL from Tennessee aren't helping themselves at all...

So you don't want to play with a 5 star QB for 2-3 years in the best conference in college football for arguably one of the best offensive coaches in the country with one of the best player developers as a positional coach?

Maybe it's the Dooley/Butch eras...but honestly to me I value average player rating so much more than stacking 28-32 guys in a class when nearly 2/3s never play.

If you look at player ratings we'd be ranked 9th right now which all things considered is pretty damn good. We're better than we have been in a long time, but we still haven't made a SEC title game OR CFP appearance in the Heupel era and TN just isn't a talent rich state for HS players like Georgia, Texas, Florida, or Louisana are...

For us to become a top 5 yearly recruiting powerhouse we'll have to be playing in the CFP and winning 10 or more games every year...maybe Nico is the answer to swinging us that way. He's got at least 2 years to prove he's worth the NIL investment.

I look at Clemson as an ideal arc for us.
They had a strong college QB (Tahj Boyd) who elevated the program. Our equivalent would be Hendon Hooker. Then Deshaun Watson led them into elite category and their top 5 recruiting classes followed. We need Nico to be our Watson.

For a program like our, with the recruiting base and our recent history, we need a transcendent player to change the narrative.

2 losses doesn't guarantee a playoff spot. You're going to have to beat some highly ranked teams to make the playoffs.

We'll not lose less than 4 next year. Having not seen a schedule for 2025 can't really predict but if it's similar to 24, I would expect similar results. We're not recruiting at the level to compete with the upper echelon of college football.
Yeah, it’s not a guarantee… really good chanced but not 100%. If you go back and look at previous rankings at the end of the regular season though there hasn’t been a single 10-2 SEC team that wasn’t in the top 12. The thing that can throw a wrench in that though is if teams with 3 losses win their conference championship + if they mandate top ranked G5 team or something like that. So some years, maybe nothing changes except 1 G5 gets in over a 10-2 P5, but some years chaos can ensue if multiple P5 champions have 3 losses.. like Kansas State was last year.

Interesting that these guys are showing up on campus for visits prior to receiving offers or even seemingly being on our radar.

It's as if the coaches have an actual plan and aren't considering the fanbase opinion on which players we should be recruiting at all! How dare they?
Doesn't make sense that they are passing up all this free knowledge.

Reactions: hooter vol
Yeah, it’s not a guarantee… really good chanced but not 100%. If you go back and look at previous rankings at the end of the regular season though there hasn’t been a single 10-2 SEC team that wasn’t in the top 12. The thing that can throw a wrench in that though is if teams with 3 losses win their conference championship + if they mandate top ranked G5 team or something like that. So some years, maybe nothing changes except 1 G5 gets in over a 10-2 P5, but some years chaos can ensue if multiple P5 champions have 3 losses.. like Kansas State was last year.

Call me crazy, but I don't think they should give anyone spots. If you're a P5 team and win the conference championship BUT have 4 losses I'm not sure you should be in the playoffs. One game shouldn't overshadow the rest of the season.

Same for G5, being the best team from the G5 should only give you a spot if you're on equal or better footing as other teams that played harder P5 schedules. I don't want to see a 4 losses G5 team just given a spot because they're the highest ranked G5 school. You play an easier road, results should reflect that if you're actually a good enough team.

But usually the P5 conference winners are teams that should be in the CFPs. I'm curious to see how things change with the SEC if we're not going to have divisions anymore.

VN Store

Back