George Santos (aka Kitara Ravache): The Fabulous Fabulist

It works the exact same way in the Senate, the Democrats in the Senate just choose not to expel Menendez.

My comment was figurative. The Senate has expelled none if its own since 1862. Over 1,500 ethics select committee complaints since 2007 - not one formal disciplinary sanction. The Senate protects its own, it's a bi-partisan endeavor, unlike the circus of the House.

As I said, the Senate doesn't work that way.

There have been some cool dudes named George throughout history. It really sucks that Santos also shares this name.

My comment was figurative. The Senate has expelled none if its own since 1862. Over 1,500 ethics select committee complaints since 2007 - not one formal disciplinary sanction. The Senate protects its own, it's a bi-partisan endeavor, unlike the circus of the House.

So do you think that the Senate following the precedent set is correct?

Kitara Ravache's legislative acumen and selfless commitment to her constituents will be missed.

The House has only expelled 3 in that timeframe. Not much of a difference. If there is a will there is a way.

So do you think that the Senate following the precedent set is correct?

No, I think fraudsters, liars, thieves and cheats should be bounced post haste. Sometimes, when the evidence is so egregious as it is with Santos and Menendez, waiting on trials and convictions shouldn't matter.

Context and circumstances matter.

Reactions: TN Ribs
No, I think fraudsters, liars, thieves and cheats should be bounced post haste. Sometimes, when the evidence is so egregious as it is with Santos and Menendez, convictions shouldn't matter.

so due process doesn't matter. What if he is found not guilty?

Reactions: davethevol
No, I think fraudsters, liars, thieves and cheats should be bounced post haste. Sometimes, when the evidence is so egregious as it is with Santos and Menendez, waiting on trials and convictions shouldn't matter.

I actually get the argument for not expelling Santos until he's convicted because that's at least a clear line for everybody. I agree the evidence is egregious here. Unfortunately, one man's "egregious evidence" is another man's nothing burger.

Reactions: whodeycin85
The House has only expelled 3 in that timeframe. Not much of a difference. If there is a will there is a way.

I guess the same shi**y reason for McCarthy not bouncing Santos applies to Menendez, it's all about the votes.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
I actually get the argument for not expelling Santos until he's convicted because that's at least a clear line for everybody. I agree the evidence is egregious here. Unfortunately, one man's "egregious evidence" is another man's nothing burger.

Context and circumstances matter - that's why it takes a 2/3 majority.

He can run for office again.

If the legislators don't like the process as its written, they can literally change it.
So as long as someone thinks someone else is guilty then alls fair right??? So far you support lack of due process on both Trumo and Santos. But Dems Menendez, Biden Hillary your not..lol.

So as long as someone thinks someone else is guilty then alls fair right??? So far you support lack of due process on both Trumo and Santos. But Dems Menendez, Biden Hillary your not..lol.

Why do you find it necessary to misrepresent my argument?

Is it that you're so blinded by tribalism that you simply can't help it? Or is because you are finding it hard to come up with arguments to refute my points if you don't?

1. Trump is getting his day(s) in court. Please elaborate on where I stated he shouldn't.
2. I've overtly stated that I'd like to see Hillary perp walked.
3. I literally just stated that Menendez's allegations were so egregious that they shouldn't wait and bounce him now.

You don't sound like a dumb guy, but it is perplexing on why you keep falling into the same trap of assuming because I don't like trump that I must be a liberal.

Why do you find it necessary to misrepresent my argument?

Is it that you're so blinded by tribalism that you simply can't help it? Or is because you are finding it hard to come up with arguments to refute my points if you don't?

1. Trump is getting his day(s) in court. Please elaborate on where I stated he shouldn't.
2. I've overtly stated that I'd like to see Hillary perp walked.
3. I literally just stated that Menendez's allegations were so egregious that they shouldn't wait and bounce him now.

You don't sound like a dumb guy, but it is perplexing on why you keep falling into the same trap of assuming because I don't like trump that I must be a liberal.
My issue is you have convicted DJT before his day in court same with Santos.... when pushed then you make your statements about the Dems...your clearly farther left then you want to admit as is the case with most like you. You never condemn Dem unless pushed...but if a GOO does something your like LG in heat and cant wait to jump on it...your tribal more so then the rest and even more of a hypocrite

My issue is you have convicted DJT before his day in court same with Santos.... when pushed then you make your statements about the Dems...your clearly farther left then you want to admit as is the case with most like you. You never condemn Dem unless pushed...but if a GOO does something your like LG in heat and cant wait to jump on it...your tribal more so then the rest and even more of a hypocrite

I accept your apology.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
Accept that your a snarky version of LG...

It makes me sad to know there are people like you who see the world as black and white. With you or against you.

Again, perhaps it's just your ignorance - easier to gin up arguments to rail against instead of coming up with points to the argument that's being had. Maybe you're just lazy, intellectually.

VN Store

Back