George Santos (aka Kitara Ravache): The Fabulous Fabulist

R Accountability = He was gay and a political liability

I find it kind of hilarious y'all are butt hurt over Santos getting bounced.

If you don't like the Senates ethics review process, call your Seanator and ask them to change it.

I find it kind of hilarious y'all are butt hurt over Santos getting bounced.

If you don't like the Senates ethics review process, call your Seanator and ask them to change it.

I'm not a R. Just don't like the precedent for expelling without a conviction....

Santos is obviously guilty AF but that's not the legal standard here.

I'm not a R. Just don't like the precedent for expelling without a conviction....

Santos is obviously guilty AF but that's not the legal standard here.

So you don't think Menendez ought to be tossed? Your previous posts implied you thought he should be voted out because Santos was.

Why did the Rs not expel Duncan Hunter when he was indicted for the same crime (campaign finance)?

We know the reason; Hunter was straight

Senate doesn't work that way.

How does it work?

Article I, section 5 of the United States Constitution provides that "Each House [of Congress] may determine the Rules of its proceedings, punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member."

So you don't think Menendez ought to be tossed? Your previous posts implied you thought he should be voted out because Santos was.

If you apply the same logic of indictment = ouster, then yes

If you apply innocent until proven guilty, then No.

I just think an indictment shouldn't = ouster

How does it work?

As you alluded, the guard rails in the Senate are much wider eg. They don't exist. My comment was figurative. The Senate doesn't bounce its own, ever.

If you apply the same logic of indictment = ouster, then yes

If you apply innocent until proven guilty, then No.

I just think an indictment shouldn't = ouster

I think circumstances and context matter.

The mental gymnastics needed to say Santos should be expelled after an indictment while giving Trump full support is impressive though...

Reactions: hog88
Not a lawyer so serious question.

Could Santo's lawyers successfully argue double jeopardy in his criminal cases now that he has been punished by the government for these crimes?

Reactions: whodeycin85

VN Store

Back