10-2 Next year, What say you?

8-4 with the current coaching staff and roster.

7-5 wouldn't surprise me with the NC State game basically a home game for them, and/or Arky on the road.

Reactions: WOKI
8-4 assuming we get at least a couple of OL in the portal. Possibly better if some key players like Bru opt to return. Possibly better if we also find a lock down corner and playmakers at safety.

Last edited:
Brutal schedule. Probably toughest in the country. NC State could finish the season with 10 wins.

Would not surprise me if we were 5-0 or 4-1 heading to Oklahoma...the NC State in that stretch is intriguing.

Then I'm seeing most likely 2-3 in the next 5...that stretch is brutal.

End the season with two good wins to be 9-3 or 8-4 and I think thats ok, assuming we dont get help out of the portal at OLine, LB, and DB.

All that said, next.years team can as easily be 7-5 or 10-2...a lot really does.depend on development and portal pickups...will be interesting to see this thread this time.next year for.sure.
If we go 10-2 against that schedule with so many new starters we will most likely be competing for a natty in 2025.

OK put your predictions here and next year we can see how you did.
I have to see who all returns, how our recruiting class ends up and what transfers we are able to add. We need to add some big uglies for sure. Nico needs protection.

If we go 10-2 against that schedule with so many new starters we will most likely be competing for a natty in 2025.
I have had us in the playoffs year 3 for Nico if he pans out. We have some issues in the trenches. Mostly on OL which I had guessed we would at the beginning of the season. Our DL tapered off some. Help is on the way though I think? Huge land at corner today. Key piece.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I sure hope you’re right. Would’ve felt better about it had he gotten significant playing time once our chances at the East were done.
You mean against UGA? That’s the only game we’ve had since the East was lost. Putting him out there against UGA seems like a bad idea. Hopefully we will see him against Vandy.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Our first 4 games should be gimmies at least. And our overall schedule is a joke.

We will be young, but who comes back, what do we get from the portal, what about injuries.

I’d say we should be 7-5 as the absolute floor. And if we end up 7-5 several things went wrong. If things go well, 9-3.
Interesting how Bama, at UGA and at Oklahoma equals a joke. Yes, the rest is manageable but how many teams will play 3 top 10-15 teams (assuming OU is one)? Are you one of the ones that also whines about having to play Bama and UGA every year? I hope not since they’re a joke.

This may have been answered already, but didn’t see it anywhere. Noticed it has them going to Oklahoma. So Oklahoma and Texas get to bypass the initiation of playing the first season in SEC at all opposing stadiums?

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
With the roster in it's current state, I'd probably go 6-6. We'll be very young and super thin. The OL won't be up to snuff so my concern is another year of critical injuries where we can't afford to have them...cough/cough...Nico. If we plug some holes and our youth comes on like gangbusters, 8 wins is on the table. The idea we'll do 10-2 next year is nuts.

Off the Heupel train then?
No. I think he’s the best I can expect my university to hire. It took 4 screw ups to get us here.

I do not think he will have Smart, Saban, Meyer type success here. Tennessee just isn’t going to make that hire. And let’s be honest about it, it’s easier to win other places. But Hypel will have Fulmer type success. Once he gets going he’ll contend most years for the SEC. Occasionally win one and maybe luck into a title the way Fulmer did.

Edit: but let me also say this about my university. We are near the best at everything we do. If you haven’t been to campus in a while it’s worth a tour of the agricultural school or the Veterinary school…..pretty much any school we offer. We are 2nd to absolutely no one in education.

Maybe if they hit the wieght room real hard this off season.. A bunch of new faces on the LOS usually isn't a recipe for success. Our all world QB is a bean pole. Odds of him taking a bunch of hits and lasting a whole season are not real high. Heupel better get him a servicable backup or they'll be right back to playing a guy out of having no choice like Milton again.

Reactions: RavinDave
With the roster in it's current state, I'd probably go 6-6. We'll be very young and super thin. The OL won't be up to snuff so my concern is another year of critical injuries where we can't afford to have them...cough/cough...Nico. If we plug some holes and our youth comes on like gangbusters, 8 wins is on the table. The idea we'll do 10-2 next year is nuts.
That’s just it.
I thought 7-5 before last season, we went 10-2
I thought 8-4 this season…we were better in some ways and worse than others than expected but overall just what I thought.
Next year I’ll decide what I think in August. Just way too many things can happen before then that can make a huge difference. Like 20something seniors that could decide to play one more year.

We shall see

Maybe if they hit the wieght room real hard this off season.. A bunch of new faces on the LOS usually isn't a recipe for success. Our all world QB is a bean pole. Odds of him taking a bunch of hits and lasting a whole season are not real high. Heupel better get him a servicable backup or they'll be right back to playing a guy out of having no choice like Milton again.
Hyatt came out of nowhere too so anything could happen.

VN Store

Back