10-2 Next year, What say you?

More than likely the schedule will look like this..

Chattanooga
NC State
Kent State
Florida
At Arkansas
At Oklahoma
Bye
Alabama
Kentucky
Mississippi State
At Georgia
UTEP
At Vanderbilt
Would not surprise me if we were 5-0 or 4-1 heading to Oklahoma...the NC State in that stretch is intriguing.

Then I'm seeing most likely 2-3 in the next 5...that stretch is brutal.

End the season with two good wins to be 9-3 or 8-4 and I think thats ok, assuming we dont get help out of the portal at OLine, LB, and DB.

All that said, next.years team can as easily be 7-5 or 10-2...a lot really does.depend on development and portal pickups...will be interesting to see this thread this time.next year for.sure.

Reactions: Vol_guy
OK put your predictions here and next year we can see how you did.
8-4 again. Last year was an outlier. Heupel isn’t intelligent enough to make adjustments or make proper personnel or coaching decisions. That’s who we are.

I think FL and OU could be toss-ups depending on what our respective rosters look like. I could also see 7-5 with losing to someone we should especially if the OL can’t protect Nico.
The OL next season could be solid or a big question mark. I’m not sure what’s going to happen but if Mays and Spraggins come back, then that would be huge. Mincey at RT along with those two would at least make it easier for Heupel only having to replace two guys.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I'll call it 9-3 . We will have more talent to put on the field, especially at the QB position. Should have some Dbs with enough speed to play man.

I don't think the schedule is any tougher than usual. We've got 5 gimme wins ('Nooga, Kent State, NC State, UTEP, Vandy) plus two others (Miss. State and Kentucky) that we should win--both being at home. That's 7 wins. That leaves 5 tough games. Florida has struggled in recent years and while Arky is tough at its place, it's not like the Razorbacks are world beaters. And Oklahoma hasn't been great the last two/three years.

Anything less than 7 wins and Heups will be catching serious flak. And with good play and some luck we could win 8. Nine would surely be our absolute ceiling, and LOTS would have to go well for that to happen.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
We will still be thin at a number of positions with little experience on both sides of the ball. However, we will be playing players with more talent.
QB play should be excellent barring injury. If Nico stays healthy could be 9+ wins!!!!

The OL next season could be solid or a big question mark. I’m not sure what’s going to happen but if Mays and Spraggins come back, then that would be huge. Mincey at RT along with those two would at least make it easier for Heupel only having to replace two guys.
Good post. Mays and Spraggins are the biggest recruits we have on the board for next year. NIL make it happen and let's keep them. If they did return (and my current thought is that neither does), then it could be argued that we are really only replacing Campbell at LT. Karic started occasionally when not hurt and was comparable to Lane (who really was a weak link all year). Let's the young guards and tackles grow up another year. I worry on the interior that neither Nichols, Clipper nor Reddick has even sniffed being a part of the rotation and all have been in the program for 2 years. Same could be said for Grant at tackle. If they return you could think our rushing attack would still be solid. Without a good OL, we may not be able to mount much of an offense next year, even if Nico is great.

Beyond the OL, our secondary has a ton of seniors as well, but they all suck and frankly I'm tired of seeing all of them on the field. All starting safeties, corners and Star position, I hope none of them return and if they do they shouldn't start. None of them are athletic enough.

Good post. Mays and Spraggins are the biggest recruits we have on the board for next year. NIL make it happen and let's keep them. If they did return (and my current thought is that neither does), then it could be argued that we are really only replacing Campbell at LT. Karic started occasionally when not hurt and was comparable to Lane (who really was a weak link all year). Let's the young guards and tackles grow up another year. I worry on the interior that neither Nichols, Clipper nor Reddick has even sniffed being a part of the rotation and all have been in the program for 2 years. Same could be said for Grant at tackle. If they return you could think our rushing attack would still be solid. Without a good OL, we may not be able to mount much of an offense next year, even if Nico is great.

Beyond the OL, our secondary has a ton of seniors as well, but they all suck and frankly I'm tired of seeing all of them on the field. All starting safeties, corners and Star position, I hope none of them return and if they do they shouldn't start. None of them are athletic enough.
Luckily there is always the portal if the staff doesn’t feel good with some of the OL they have.

Luckily there is always the portal if the staff doesn’t feel good with some of the OL they have.
That’s why it’s near impossible to say what next year will look like. We have 20ish seniors who have a year they could use to come back. I’ll make a prediction in august

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Given what I know today, I would say 7-5 next year. Losses to GA, Bama, OK, FLA, and a game where we lay an egg.

I see 8 easy wins ..
Georgia and bama are probable loses
Oklahoma and Florida toss ups

Watch gators close . Hopefully if we play them late in season billy will be fired by then .
To be honest Oklahoma just doesn't worry me much. I just don't believe in their coach
Bama and Georgia these are the two to watch . Maybe we can win one and make it to playoffs ..

Still got Bama and GA on the schedule.

Oklahoma is gonna be extremely tough. They have their own freshman savior at QB in Arnold.

TN still doesn't handle UF well.

I'm thinking 8-4 best case.

VN Store

Back