'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

dd8eafaa-2a04-48d9-8ec9-47776222aa15_text.gif

5-Star DL Williams Nwaneri
The buzz: Williams Nwaneri is coming off a visit to Texas A&M, and the Aggies have asserted itself into the race for one of the top defensive linemen in the country. I still wouldn’t put Texas A&M in the same category as Oklahoma and Tennessee for the star out of Kansas City, but the SEC program in College State made a strong first impression. Based on what I am hearing, the battle at the top is still between the Sooners and the Vols, but with the Aggies now expected to receive an official visit before he makes a decision, they are now one to watch.

- Chad Simmons

- Chad Simmons
"...the SEC program in College State?" Chad Simmons needs to either get an editor or get a clue - one or the other. Perhaps his editor could also educate Chad on the meaning of the word "asserted".

Last edited:
"...the SEC program in College State?" Chad Simmons needs to either get an editor or get a clue - one or the other. Perhaps his editor could also educate Chad on the meaning of the word "asserted".
Everytime I read an article it has an error. Do they just not proof read. I know it's a common mistake but come on. They're supposed to be professionals.

Reactions: Lars and jvols1999
He’s one of the best in the business. So is Hubbs. And both need editors. But at this point I just gloss over that stuff. It really doesn’t matter. They’re not writing for Time magazine.

He’s one of the best in the business. So is Hubbs. And both need editors. But at this point I just gloss over that stuff. It really doesn’t matter. They’re not writing for Time magazine.
The writing coming from the VQ crew has been littered with bad typos for the last decade. I don't think they worry about proofing at all.

The writing coming from the VQ crew has been littered with bad typos for the last decade. I don't think they worry about proofing at all.

I've said this several times before as I was on VQ for 10+ years at one point. Hubbs is not a trained journalist. He is a radio guy that happened to have the foresight to start his website years ago. While I understand wanting to get it correct, I am sure he doesn't employ an editor and time can be sensitive. As Ron said, I am used to it and don't let it bother me because I know his background.

I've said this several times before as I was on VQ for 10+ years at one point. Hubbs is not a trained journalist. He is a radio guy that happened to have the foresight to start his website years ago. While I understand wanting to get it correct, I am sure he doesn't employ an editor and time can be sensitive. As Ron said, I am used to it and don't let it bother me because I know his background.
I was a long time member as well but eventually canceled because all the inside info they shared made it to every free board online, so the subscription only got you access to a poorly moderated forum and articles littered with typos. I know that doesn't bother some, but extensive proofing of public facing content is a big part of my profession and not taking the time to get it right shows a lack of pride in your work. I expect some typos to slip through on occasion in sports journalism, but there have been paragraphs that were almost unreadable in their articles.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

Media writers generally have gotten inexcusably sloppy. Makes me wonder if work product is ever reviewed between the send and publication. I think sports writers are the worst.

What you want and we get are people who care and who you can adequately interpret based on a history with their ways.

One very short remark on the trivial mix up could be interpreted as friendly advice, in case they see it. Belaboring the point is pedantic.

For the complainers, may I suggest Henry James for your delectation. (Not a knock on James.)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back