'24 MO DL Williams Nwaneri (Mizzou commit)

Tennessee should/could be just as talented as UGA and Alabama in the defensive front 7 in a couple of years. Absolutely huge!

I mean maybe. UGA landed 7 of the top 72 players in the overall rankings in ‘23 that are apart of the defensive front 7.

5 in the top 103 overall in ‘22.

In ‘23 we landed 2. ‘22 zero.

I mean maybe. UGA landed 7 of the top 72 players in the overall rankings in ‘23 that are apart of the defensive front 7.

5 in the top 103 overall in ‘22.

In ‘23 we landed 2. ‘22 zero.

Looks like we are in a great spot for this year and next, particularly in the defensive front 7.

Looks like we are in a great spot for this year and next, particularly in the defensive front 7.

We’ll be good either way. I was just comparing “talent” based on rankings. I think we’ll recruit very well to our scheme and wreak havoc on opposing QBs on a consistent basis when we get all these dudes and get them coached up.

Like Arion Cater and friends last cycle?
Arion Carter is great and I’m excited for him but Georgia got 3 LBs rated higher than him. That’s nothing against him and just how good Georgia is recruiting that position right now. CJ Allen has the chance to be really good. Wish we could’ve gotten him. We’re definitely getting closer to closing the gap tho

Arion Carter is great and I’m excited for him but Georgia got 3 LBs rated higher than him. That’s nothing against him and just how good Georgia is recruiting that position right now. CJ Allen has the chance to be really good. Wish we could’ve gotten him. We’re definitely getting closer to closing the gap tho
Hate that Georgia offered Allen. Weren’t we his leader up until that point too?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Georgia did not get 3 LBs better than Arion Carter. Rankings can be damned.

There was a reason Alabama sent their DC to his high school in the 11th hour. Arion Carter would be starting for Alabama this season had he went there.

Your point still stands however that we're playing catch up to UGA. Arion Carter helped close that gap.

I've heard Arion has been killing it so far. Defensive staff person thinks he has potential to be that next great UT LB.

VN Store

Back