'24 TN OL Ronan O’Connell (Clemson commit)

Vanderbilt wouldn't go 2-10 in the PAC-12

And Colorado is going to be considerably more talented than them.

That dude has flipped 80% of roster already. He's not done either. They won't be deep, but they'll have good players at almost every position.

its going to be telling of him and his coaches ability to see if they can get that collection of players to play up for it.

My THOUGHTS are that he is grabbing just about anyone he can from the portal, but not recruiting specific guys. the transfer portal can work great to fill holes, but if you are one big hole like Colorado you can't just fill with anything. I think there is a reason a lot of the guys who transferred in have already transferred out. Colorado ran up a "Vacancy" sign, and is now having to go through and deal with actually making sure they have the right pieces to be able to play the game at all.

a bunch of the guys are going to be asked to play in positions/roles they haven't before. I don't think that makes for a particularly good team.

Haha.
Tell that to Deion Sanders!

I think you have to get the right players for what you do schematically, regardless of where they come from.

Tennessee doesn't go 11-2 without
Hendon Hooker (Va Tech)
Gerald Mincey ( Florida)
Bru McCoy ( USC)
Byron Young ( Ga Military)
Joe Milton ( Michigan)
You don’t want to have to live in the portal, you still build teams through recruitment. Yes you are gonna get help with transfers but if your doing it for depth instead of impact players it isn’t going to work well in my opinion. My point is recruitment is still the foundation of building a great program. GBO

The big hat thing 🤦🏼‍♂️
home-alone-woof.gif

VN Store

Back