'24 TN OL Ronan O’Connell (Clemson commit)

Ronan O'Connell just checked out from his visit. He plans to check out a few schools this spring including Notre Dame. He has built a strong relationship with Tennessee and Glen Elarbee. The Vols are in a good spot here as he works towards a decision in the late summer or early fall.

- Matt Ray

Tennessee showed well with Ronan O'Connell last weekend. In speaking with him, he mentioned some interest in Notre Dame and having hope for that offer to come at some point. In talking with a source this week, there is a belief the Irish are not going to take any more interior OL in this class following their most recent commitment on Wednesday. That could always change, but with that, Wisconsin feels like the biggest competitor for the Vols currently, as Tennessee sits in good shape with the mid-state prospect right now.
-VQ

Page doesn’t produce a lot of big football prospects that I know of, but Wisconsin being in for this kid is a good sign. They do OL as well as just about anybody.
The area around Page has blown up. I coached a team of 7-8th graders the past 2 years and have kicked butt vs the other top football areas. Page has been doing well for a few years now. You will definitely see more D1 prospects coming from here.

Reactions: wmcovol

I finally watched this kid's highlights today. 6 minute video of him just pancaking folks.
PLayed mostly OT.
-He's really good already with his violent hands
-great motor and light on his feet
- as physically developed as he already is, he still has the frame to add more size.

I do also think he's a future OG.
Yeah. If Tennessee wants him, i'm fine with that

I finally watched this kid's highlights today. 6 minute video of him just pancaking folks.
PLayed mostly OT.
-He's really good already with his violent hands
-great motor and light on his feet
- as physically developed as he already is, he still has the frame to add more size.

I do also think he's a future OG.
Yeah. If Tennessee wants him, i'm fine with that

I see him as a right tackle or right guard. His violent hands and motor Che from wrestling. But also look at how well balanced he is. Feet are always under him and he doesn’t get over his toes. That strength and power and balance is all due to wrestling. Kid can be a complete stud.

Ginther said coaches are projecting him at RT.

Yeah it’s funny to hear RC and the recruiting sites project him as an interior guy then our staff say Right tackle. He’s already almost 6’6 as a junior. Feels like he has the ideal RT frame.

NGL I’ve gotten excited about this kid after listening to the Pancakes & Bacon podcast.

I see him as a right tackle or right guard. His violent hands and motor Che from wrestling. But also look at how well balanced he is. Feet are always under him and he doesn’t get over his toes. That strength and power and balance is all due to wrestling. Kid can be a complete stud.
If he's a good wrestler, he's going to have excellent balance and he's going to have an innate feel for leverage.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Yeah it’s funny to hear RC and the recruiting sites project him as an interior guy then our staff say Right tackle. He’s already almost 6’6 as a junior. Feels like he has the ideal RT frame.

NGL I’ve gotten excited about this kid after listening to the Pancakes & Bacon podcast.
I think the plan is for Ginther to start at RT but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up at guard. That's where he projects best imho

VN Store

Back