Transfer Portal 22-23

Makes me think it was academics. Huge step down academically from Vandy to PV A&M.
That was my initial reaction but I hate to be the first jumping out on the board with that assumption. Doesn’t seem she would have taken that hit without there being some truth to the concept.

So do u think it’s just her that transferred to an HBCU because of academics or is it when any player decides to transfer to and HBCU is because of academics?
I also wondered where Amauri is from originally. Moving closer to home?

Edit: North Little Rock, Arkansas listed as hometown. Two sister and a brother. Major: Medical Health Sciences. Info from Vandy site.

Reactions: krichunaka
I also wondered where Amauri is from originally. Moving closer to home?

Edit: North Little Rock, Arkansas listed as hometown. Two sister and a brother. Major: Medical Health Sciences. Info from Vandy site.
She’s actually from Arkansas, I’m sure she will give her reason at some point, it could be the coach sold her on a vision.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
So do u think it’s just her that transferred to an HBCU because of academics or is it when any player decides to transfer to and HBCU is because of academics?
Definitely not academics for everyone. In this case, when a bball player goes fm D1 to D whatever PVAM is, it's bc whatever happened at Vandy caused Williams not to be able to catch on with anyone else. Ditto for Owusu. Unfortunately it's clear both are scrapping for what's available to them. If it's closer to home for Williams plus an HBCU, that's a plus. But I'm pretty sure it's not her first choice bball wise.

Definitely not academics for everyone. In this case, when a bball player goes fm D1 to D whatever PVAM is, it's bc whatever happened at Vandy caused Williams not to be able to catch on with anyone else. Ditto for Owusu. Unfortunately it's clear both are scrapping for what's available to them. If it's closer to home for Williams plus an HBCU, that's a plus. But I'm pretty sure it's not her first choice bball wise.
U just never know, just like when Coulibaly took forever to make an official announcement, people on here thought she didn’t have any options and might go back to Auburn. U just never know what’s going on, but nothing wrong with speculation. I’m sure Willams had other options, she just chose a HBCU. Just look at when Deion Sanders coached that HBCU school, he had so many players that transferred to Jackson State that was playing in bigger programs. Sometimes it can be a vision or something else.

U just never know, just like when Coulibaly took forever to make an official announcement, people on here thought she didn’t have any options and might go back to Auburn. U just never know what’s going on, but nothing wrong with speculation. I’m sure Willams had other options, she just chose a HBCU. Just look at when Deion Sanders coached that HBCU school, he had so many players that transferred to Jackson State that was playing in bigger programs. Sometimes it can be a vision or something else.
Yikes! Deion Sanders as a visionary for HBCU may be the worst example possible. He transferred himself back to D1 ASAP where he promptly ran off most of that team.

Knowing what we know, it's pretty obvious both Williams and Owusu were personna non grata.

Yikes! Deion Sanders as a visionary for HBCU may be the worst example possible. He transferred himself back to D1 ASAP where he promptly ran off most of that team.

Knowing what we know, it's pretty obvious both Williams and Owusu were personna non grata.
Owusu has named her destination?

Owusu has named her destination?
Not yet. Visited Penn State this week, rumored to be visiting in SEC this weekend, rumor is Fla or Vandy. If so, it's easy to see that all 3 are not the kind of contenders her former schools were. Possible Ole Miss? Her slowness to make a choice is clearly not due to the overwhelming good possibilities.

Not yet. Visited Penn State this week, rumored to be visiting in SEC this weekend, rumor is Fla or Vandy. If so, it's easy to see that all 3 are not the kind of contenders her former schools were. Possible Ole Miss? Her slowness to make a choice is clearly not due to the overwhelming good possibilities.

Vandy desperate.

I was taking about the players that transferred, and was it because of academics like the previous post said.

Maybe she's running away to join the circus on the bayou.
I'm pretty sure Kim said they were done in the portal

Would be pretty dumb on their part IMO to add a player they don't need with their current additions, returning players and highly touted freshmen class. She is a nice player don't get me wrong but unnecessary.

Has UK added anyone? Elzy is in deep trouble

VN Store

Back