Transfer Portal 22-23

LOL don't go away! Last year's natty coach Kim fully embraces the stack em up approach. And maybe she can manage the overloaded stable, we'll see. KJH attempts to manage a loaded roster have been wildly unsuccessful though. I repeat, I do not trust her w too many toys. Specifically to Owusu, she only has one yr of elig left and IMO there are just too many questions to sacrifice mins of players like Wells and Spears who have more eligibility.

Couliboly is a mystery. Would love her rebounding ability, but she would have to agree to very reduced role from what she's used to. Also, adding her would almost certainly move either Puckett or Darby close to the Edie area of the bench.
Don’t want Owusu either but if Couldibaly was the better player than those 2 you mentioned then it is what it is. Always play your best players

Y’all can I tell y’all a secret……..I like the platoon substitution system 😩🥴🥹…..okay bye! See y’all next season! 😂

To stay on topic, even though we don’t need her, I’d love to have Owusu. If she’s in shape, she’s an elite player and honestly if we want to compete for a championship, I think we need all the horses we can muster with the way some rosters are shaping up.
Thank you for having some sense when others don’t

That thinking is what lost the UCONN game
Although it doesn't apply to all games, I agree with this in terms of the UCONN game though. I remember how Striplin was killing team D from the start.
To be fair, we were never going to win the UCONN game. The talent gap was way too wide, they were way too well prepared, and dang Sanchel had the game of her life. Striplin was part of the mix, but not responsible for the loss.

To be fair, we were never going to win the UCONN game. The talent gap was way too wide, they were way too well prepared, and dang Sanchel had the game of her life. Striplin was part of the mix, but not responsible for the loss.
Of course. I was just providing one example. It was multiple players.

Hold up, what's the gripe with Maria? And Cora is fantastic on this beat, she just appreciates women's athletics in general, not just Tennessee. She's not a fan, after all.
Cora is definitely a SC fan which is interesting she's a reporter here. I'm guessing her goal is to work in Columbia.

What's the issue with Maria? She has done a tremendous job imo and she provides us with so much insight.

As for Coulibaly and Owosu, I wish we would stop worrying about them because neither is coming here. There's no need for any other portal players unless a back up center.

I would be convinced of that if UCONN had of did what they did with Horston and Hollingshead starting the first quarter

Last edited:
Michigan State softball pitcher Ashley Miller entered the transfer portal. She had a very good season in 2022 as a sophomore. From Fort Wayne Indiana area.

I don't know if she is leaving Auburn I don't think A&M has a scholarship available right now. Hard to get an exact count on them but think they are at 15.

I would think you are right. She filled out her roster it will be interesting to see how it fits.

The difference between Coulibaly and our transfers are we knew why each of them chose to come here they stated it from the beginning. Ace always dreams of playing here and her coach left. Jewel wanted to be prepared for the next level and Destinee said she wanted to move up in competition. Coulibaly sorta just seems out there. Maybe she knows what she wants and isn't settling but maybe what she wants didn't line up with what we see as our vision

VN Store

Back