Transfer Portal 22-23

There's an Owusu transfer rumor on that dang Ball Out site that might involve us. Of course it's pay walled and I can't see it but Cora re-tweeted it w big eyes.

Do we need another guard?

I don’t see us going there unless there are clear cut expectations that she’s a role player. Unless she can get in better physical shape she’s not very useful IMO.

Very talented young woman but I’d be cautious unless the staff know a lot more about the VT situation than we do.

I don’t see us going there unless there are clear cut expectations that she’s a role player. Unless she can get in better physical shape she’s not very useful IMO.

Very talented young woman but I’d be cautious unless the staff know a lot more about the VT situation than we do.
Honestly, I'm hoping it's not true. We're in danger of KJH Too Many Toys Syndrome.

Heck we have to save a spot for Couliboly, right? Has that been the longest non-commit in history? And without a single tease tweet! Curious what's going on with her.

Honestly, I'm hoping it's not true. We're in danger of KJH Too Many Toys Syndrome.

Heck we have to save a spot for Couliboly, right? Has that been the longest non-commit in history? And without a single tease tweet! Curious what's going on with her.
Coulibaly is my 1st option and Owusu is a good backup plan.

I still like her, she's very informative and she's not Maria, which is a big plus. And she still does a good job with all LV sports. But her over fondness for all things So Carolina is really bugging me. Of course she's free to retweet whatever, but if I want the latest version of the Gospel according to Allayah, I'll Google it.

Cora's contribution was interesting bc her gripe was him saying Beal was overhyped when everyone expected the outcome he's predicting. All twisted enough for ya?
Hold up, what's the gripe with Maria? And Cora is fantastic on this beat, she just appreciates women's athletics in general, not just Tennessee. She's not a fan, after all.

I’m really not sure with Coulibaly. Wondering if there is more to that story than meets the public eye. Maybe grades or personality. Seems to be having a hard time finding a place to land for such a talented ball player. Soon after her visit posters that usually know said we wouldn’t be pursuing her any longer. So that makes me think she didn’t measure up academically or there were personality issues during her visit.

I agree with the “too many toys” statement. With Kellie I think less can be more. Give her too many options and she tries to use them all to her detriment. I really, really, really disliked our sub patterns the last two seasons. It was very ‘paint by numbers’ and coordinated. Prediactable and not situational. I’d much rather see us run different lineups against different teams to exploit mismatches. Instead she ran the same players in and out on a schedule like clock work no matter who we played. Some of the better coaches took full advantage.

A roster of 12 with 2 players knowing they aren’t getting time would be right for us IMO. I’d much rather see the subs used toward the end of quarters to keep momentum up and give starters a blow. Really hope to not see the hockey style subs early in games when we build a lead. It let teams back in a lot of games and puts more pressure on the starters instead of less. Give them the entire 4th quarter when we are up 30. Not the second quarter when we are up 12.

Stay away

Reactions: glv98 and gule
I’m really not sure with Coulibaly. Wondering if there is more to that story than meets the public eye. Maybe grades or personality. Seems to be having a hard time finding a place to land for such a talented ball player. Soon after her visit posters that usually know said we wouldn’t be pursuing her any longer. So that makes me think she didn’t measure up academically or there were personality issues during her visit.

I agree with the “too many toys” statement. With Kellie I think less can be more. Give her too many options and she tries to use them all to her detriment. I really, really, really disliked our sub patterns the last two seasons. It was very ‘paint by numbers’ and coordinated. Prediactable and not situational. I’d much rather see us run different lineups against different teams to exploit mismatches. Instead she ran the same players in and out on a schedule like clock work no matter who we played. Some of the better coaches took full advantage.

A roster of 12 with 2 players knowing they aren’t getting time would be right for us IMO. I’d much rather see the subs used toward the end of quarters to keep momentum up and give starters a blow. Really hope to not see the hockey style subs early in games when we build a lead. It let teams back in a lot of games and puts more pressure on the starters instead of less. Give them the entire 4th quarter when we are up 30. Not the second quarter when we are up 12.

One can have too many pieces…the UT lineup looks pretty good from here, peace. And as for S.C., I hope we have no position with either Diamond or Owusu, we good now. Neither would aid us or the development of our current roster. Wish them both the best, just not at SC. I said the same for a few other notable transfer candidates, glad SC wasn’t part of those pickups, PaoPao was all I think we needed, after that it just gets messy.

Watkins and Feagin will become known soon now, and they deserve their time. Same for Hall and Kitts, I just want them to play and not have some addition players take their PT. Watch out for Fulwiley, that is a Star ⭐️ coming soon. She needs minutes in 23 to develop, she will be a beast in 24 like Watkins, Feagin and Kitts will be by then and we haven’t even mentioned Raven……..2024-25…it’s almost locked in then……

Last edited:
Y’all can I tell y’all a secret……..I like the platoon substitution system 😩🥴🥹…..okay bye! See y’all next season! 😂

To stay on topic, even though we don’t need her, I’d love to have Owusu. If she’s in shape, she’s an elite player and honestly if we want to compete for a championship, I think we need all the horses we can muster with the way some rosters are shaping up.

There is no reason why Couliblay or Owusu would come here at this point. There is no guarantee either would start, as both play the 2 position and we have a higher rated 2 position player coming in with Spear. Given how Owusu acted for not being a starter and that Couliblay was the star on her team, that would be a very strange decision to go to a school that they would likely not start. That ESPN poll that was briefly posted in early May had Spear at #2 and Couliblay was somewhere around #7. Neither Owusu nor Couliblay has shown a talent for assists, so I doubt if they are going to win the point position over Wells. We are set at our other positions and neither really have the heigth to compete there. I would still love to have Couliblay on our team for rebounding and defense, but not Owusu. The type of behavior demonstrated by Owusu was about the worst I have seen in terms of being destructive for team building. I am sure she has her side of the story, but such extreme behavior tells me that there may have been other reasons why she wasn't playing much as you can't have that type of behavior in practice, trips, and games. What we really need is a back up big, but there just doesn't seem to be good options left who don't have baggage. My hope is that we find a young international player that could serve this need.

Y’all can I tell y’all a secret……..I like the platoon substitution system 😩🥴🥹…..okay bye! See y’all next season! 😂

To stay on topic, even though we don’t need her, I’d love to have Owusu. If she’s in shape, she’s an elite player and honestly if we want to compete for a championship, I think we need all the horses we can muster with the way some rosters are shaping up.
LOL don't go away! Last year's natty coach Kim fully embraces the stack em up approach. And maybe she can manage the overloaded stable, we'll see. KJH attempts to manage a loaded roster have been wildly unsuccessful though. I repeat, I do not trust her w too many toys. Specifically to Owusu, she only has one yr of elig left and IMO there are just too many questions to sacrifice mins of players like Wells and Spears who have more eligibility.

Couliboly is a mystery. Would love her rebounding ability, but she would have to agree to very reduced role from what she's used to. Also, adding her would almost certainly move either Puckett or Darby close to the Edie area of the bench.

Not even sure Kellie likes Maria. Some times last season during after game interviews it got a little snippy....

Don’t think she cares for her. Body language is bristly with Maria. She’s been reigned in to one question at the beginning and end of press conferences and Kellie doesn’t always give her the best answer. I think she finds her a little annoying.

You crazy lol

Reactions: LadyVol1908
She was hired to cover a team, not be a fan lol media members usually aren't fans of the teams they cover.
I'm who started the gripe about Cora's love for all things 'Cock. You are absolutely right, it's her job and the team she covers doesn't have to be her team. And I'm not accusing her of covering SC instead of the LVs in her job. IMO Cora's a breath of fresh air of LV coverage.

It's just a personal thing where I try to look for LV news on her twitter (totally hers I agree) and have to wade thru a hundred retweets of the Righteousness of the Freshies. They're wonderful I'm sure but I am so sick of them, and especially their crazed, helicopter fans.

VN Store

Back