‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

Seldon looks like he's going to be a great player - but I think Patterson is on an entirely different level in terms of his combination of size, speed, vision and ability to turn on a dime in the open field. I can't think of anyone I've seen that is quite like Patterson was that year he was at Tennessee.
I knew someone would say this so I prepared…

I have no idea, but several have already compared him to CP. He is a great talent that I am ecstatic to have. My theory is he is going to accomplish way more at Tennessee because of the coaches he has.

Edit…Let’s wait to argue about it after he finishes at Tennessee. Expecting great things.

Seldon looks like he's going to be a great player - but I think Patterson is on an entirely different level in terms of his combination of size, speed, vision and ability to turn on a dime in the open field. I can't think of anyone I've seen that is quite like Patterson was that year he was at Tennessee.
I agree. It’s not hate but CP Is one of a kind. They’re comparable in that they’re both versatile. Other than that I don’t really don’t understand the comparison.

I knew someone would say this so I prepared…

I have no idea, but several have already compared him to CP. He is a great talent that I am ecstatic to have. My theory is he is going to accomplish way more at Tennessee because of the coaches he has.

Edit…Let’s wait to argue about it after he finishes at Tennessee. Expecting great things.
👍🏾👍🏾

I can't think of many of him reaching out to catch many. I remember the Bama game, their DBs were just sitting and waiting for a pass so they could knock it down.

not taking anything away from him really, just calling it like I saw it. seems to have played out in the NFL as well.

He was a multipurpose player at Tennessee too.

I'm not really disagreeing with you.
Just about his hands.

Running and knowing routes was his main problem as a WR.

For the record I really dislike trying to find the perfect “he looks like” for every player. They are all individuals that may have something in common with someone else. I didn’t share that so people could argue about who he is like. Saw several compare him to CP. Saw the highlight of CP. Thought y’all would enjoy that we have another exciting player like CP was, not necessarily that he is a clone.

A lot of people, myself included, believed that at the time, CP would have made a better RB than WR...and he was a really good receiver just based on athleticism. Seems like the NFL finally figured out what Dooley couldn't. Cam has a lot of similar qualities, almost identical build, and athleticism.

I get why Dooley played CP at WR but he should have got more creative with him. CP is similar in size but is longer and leaner than Cam, especially in college. I can't think of many NFL backs I've ever seen with his build.

Cam seems to be built more as an every down, physical RB that also has the skills and speed of a WR. He looks as good as or better than any highly ranked RB out of the 2023 class. 5 star talent IMO and I expect that to be proven very early in his career.

I think Heupel's creativity will find amazing ways to utilize Cam. I am seeing his role as a bit of a blend of the "hidden Hyatt", against Mizzou maybe?, and the Swiss Army knife of Fant. and as an RB its a bit easier/less suspicious to have him play that "Hidden Hyatt" role; but then its also a little less expected to flex him out and have him catch than it was with Fant. especially if we put someone else in the backfield. Whether thats another RB, or a TE/HB, or even a WR.

Lots of intriguing options in a 2 back formation. The versatility Cam allows us to have in play calling while running tempo has got to have CJH and Halzle really excited and will give defenses all kinds of problems. He is a matchup nightmare that a safety or LB will have a hard time staying with and CBs will be at a physical disadvantage. He is basically two offensive weapons in one player and also allows us to call short yardage plays without a sub....ultimate weapon in our system.

Chuck Webb may have been the best to ever play at Tennessee..
Chuck Webb was that RB who looked like every run was going to the house. His speed, vision, ability to stop cut and make people miss was amazing. Cam shows flashes, let’s watch it play out. Patterson was/is a freak of nature on the football field.

Lots of intriguing options in a 2 back formation. The versatility Cam allows us to have in play calling while running tempo has got to have CJH and Halzle really excited and will give defenses all kinds of problems. He is a matchup nightmare that a safety or LB will have a hard time staying with and CBs will be at a physical disadvantage. He is basically two offensive weapons in one player and also allows us to call short yardage plays without a sub....ultimate weapon in our system.
Yup totally agree, should be very fun to watch how they use him and see how the opponents try to react, by then it'll be too late 💨💨💨 6pts!!! Sorry guys I'm freakin hyped reading all the comments and different ways to use him. Just super excited for the for the whole team!!!

Yup totally agree, should be very fun to watch how they use him and see how the opponents try to react, by then it'll be too late 💨💨💨 6pts!!! Sorry guys I'm freakin hyped reading all the comments and different ways to use him. Just super excited for the for the whole team!!!
Don’t be sorry! We’re super excited. Can’t imagine if it was my nephew!

VN Store

Back