The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

I’m happy we are up five but concerned

1. Missing too many shots - ON is a no show. Phillips a non factor once again. Key can’t buy a bucket.
2. Scoring droughts- see -#1. Who can we rely on in the second half?
3. Rebounds - FAU getting 2nd shots
4. FAU shot poorly and only down 5 - they are missing open looks.
5. FAU- winning in the post

FAU is quick but we are stronger. Our defense is playing well and staying vertical so refs aren’t calling fouls. Plus FAU has nine turnovers.

Again, we have the lead but should be up 10-14. I’m just concerned FAU will go on a run and we go on droughts.

Go Vols! No reason we don’t win this game as we are better than FAU.

“No reason we don‘t win this game,“ but yet you just listed 5 ;)

Offense-- please make a shot. Keep pounding inside
Defense-- not terrible, but we need to stop helping of weakside shooters. It led to a couple wide open 3s. James had a frustrating half. He gave up a 3 by coming off his man to help Mashack when it wasn't needed, and after that first 3 forgot he can make baskets.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
the sense of panic on this board is a bit ridiculous. Was that the best half of basketball? No. But it was certainly Good Enough. Just need to be the better team on the court for one more half.

Maybe but we've seen this episode before. Doesn't mean it will happen but I think people have a good reason to be a bit nervous.

VN Store

Back