The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

Fau with open shots.

At some point those are gonna go.

Especially the three's with a team that lives and dies by them. Tennessee should have been up by double digits. However,it's Tennessee's kind of game. "Playing in the mud" as it's called. I'm cautious yet confident.👌

I’m happy we are up five but concerned

1. Missing too many shots - ON is a no show. Phillips a non factor once again. Key can’t buy a bucket.
2. Scoring droughts- see -#1. Who can we rely on in the second half?
3. Rebounds - FAU getting 2nd shots
4. FAU shot poorly and only down 5 - they are missing open looks.
5. FAU- winning in the post

FAU is quick but we are stronger. Our defense is playing well and staying vertical so refs aren’t calling fouls. Plus FAU has nine turnovers.

Again, we have the lead but should be up 10-14. I’m just concerned FAU will go on a run and we go on droughts.

Go Vols! No reason we don’t win this game as we are better than FAU.

Jay Wright is spot on. TN is too inconsistent which is scares TN fans. So we must “hope” we play great defense and FAU continues to miss shots. He is 100% accurate that we need someone who can make some baskets: Santi, JJJ, or Mashack. We have to get better guard play!!

Reading through this thread, you’d think Tennessee is playing bad.

You don’t make it to the Sweet Sixteen if you’re a bad team.
We are kinda playing bad. We aren’t a bad team, but I’d say we should all be able to admit that wasn’t our best half and we are lucky to be up 5. That said, we shore up our mistakes and we should win this one. Just gotta play our game.

VN Store

Back