UFC Thread

All these guys want to protect their records. When you're making a name for yourself, you're a little braver, but you still protect yourself and try to get favorable matchups. Belal and Colby are doing what's in their best interest. I will say, 4 of Belal's last 5 opponents are all currently ranked in the top 10, so it's not like he's been avoiding tough guys. Both of them needed each other to rightfully earn this Edwards fight.

I am not saying that I don't think Belal has a case. But state that case and move on. And that's a bit misleading when you say 4-5 if you get accidentally eyepoked by the guy who goes on to become champion as one of those 4-5. Outside of Vicente Luque no one else on that list is a serious contender to make a run at top 5.

Belal family is Palestinian and condemns Israel, not a good look to condemn the only democracy in the middle east.

I am not saying that I don't think Belal has a case. But state that case and move on. And that's a bit misleading when you say 4-5 if you get accidentally eyepoked by the guy who goes on to become champion as one of those 4-5. Outside of Vicente Luque no one else on that list is a serious contender to make a run at top 5.

Belal family is Palestinian and condemns Israel, not a good look to condemn the only democracy in the middle east.

The fact that Israel is a democracy doesn't whitewash their war crimes. Israel is worthy of condemnation. Why are they above it? I'll condemn China, Russia, Israel, Iran, Mexico, Britain, the USA, etc. for their sins. Why not? It's just government. **** em.

I didn’t mind belal until he cried racism over Colby getting the title shot. Now I think he’s a fu***** idiot among countless other idiots who cry racism over anything and everything.

Reactions: vols40
I didn’t mind belal until he cried racism over Colby getting the title shot. Now I think he’s a fu***** idiot among countless other idiots who cry racism over anything and everything.

What did he say? Because I can't find anything about Belal crying racism, but Colby is (for like the 10th time)....so do you hate Colby?

It's odd that I can find all these articles about Colby's reaction to Belal, but I can't find anything remotely racist that he said. I did find this:

“I wasn’t asking to sit out,” Muhammad explained. “I was asking to fight the next best guy. I asked to fight Khamzat [Chimaev] and then they said he’s going up to middleweight. Well, there’s only Colby left that’s in front of me. They were like, ‘OK, you and him on The Ultimate Fighter,’ and I said perfect. Then they said, ‘Well, he doesn’t want to do The Ultimate Fighter, so it’s going to be you and him on May 6.’ Even better, perfect, I’d rather just fight him.

“I wanted to fight this coward,” Muhammad said. “I wanted to fight this loser, this sissy, this freaking Karen that goes to call the cops on people. I wanted to fight this guy because I hate this guy. That’s the fight that I wanted and he said no.

“I was trying to fight again. I was trying to fight Colby and he’s the one that turned it down. So why is he being rewarded? Why is he getting a title shot?”

So how do we feel about Belal and Colby now that we know Belal was saying yes to proving himself and Colby just sat on his dick waiting for his Dana White privilege?

Belal Muhammad trashes ‘coward’ Colby Covington, promises to ‘slap him right in his mouth’ after Jon Anik threats

Edit: Belal said "he's white" and that's why you're saying he cried "racism". Colby is literally crying racism. Belal is crying privilege. It's not the same thing.

What did he say? Because I can't find anything about Belal crying racism, but Colby is (for like the 10th time)....so do you hate Colby?

It's odd that I can find all these articles about Colby's reaction to Belal, but I can't find anything remotely racist that he said. I did find this:

“I wasn’t asking to sit out,” Muhammad explained. “I was asking to fight the next best guy. I asked to fight Khamzat [Chimaev] and then they said he’s going up to middleweight. Well, there’s only Colby left that’s in front of me. They were like, ‘OK, you and him on The Ultimate Fighter,’ and I said perfect. Then they said, ‘Well, he doesn’t want to do The Ultimate Fighter, so it’s going to be you and him on May 6.’ Even better, perfect, I’d rather just fight him.

“I wanted to fight this coward,” Muhammad said. “I wanted to fight this loser, this sissy, this freaking Karen that goes to call the cops on people. I wanted to fight this guy because I hate this guy. That’s the fight that I wanted and he said no.

“I was trying to fight again. I was trying to fight Colby and he’s the one that turned it down. So why is he being rewarded? Why is he getting a title shot?”

So how do we feel about Belal and Colby now that we know Belal was saying yes to proving himself and Colby just sat on his dick waiting for his Dana White privilege?

Belal Muhammad trashes ‘coward’ Colby Covington, promises to ‘slap him right in his mouth’ after Jon Anik threats

Edit: Belal said "he's white" and that's why you're saying he cried "racism". Colby is literally crying racism. Belal is crying privilege. It's not the same thing.

C120AD32-077D-43D5-BEEA-51D00CE4ACA1.jpeg

There’s a reason you couldn’t find it, and that’s because belal deleted his tweet. Wonder why he did that 😂
He clearly claims in the tweet that Colby is getting the shot because he’s white. It’s crybaby b****, victim mentality sh**. Instead of facing the truth that no one cares to watch belal because he’s a boring personality and doesn’t move the needle as a fighter, he chooses to cry racism. He can’t accept that Leon vs Colby would sell. Leon vs belal? Nobody’s paying sh** to see that. It’s that simple. But he’s one of the large group of idiots these days who just want to blame everything on race. F*** him.

View attachment 542420

There’s a reason you couldn’t find it, and that’s because belal deleted his tweet. Wonder why he did that 😂
He clearly claims in the tweet that Colby is getting the shot because he’s white. It’s crybaby b****, victim mentality sh**. Instead of facing the truth that no one cares to watch belal because he’s a boring personality and doesn’t move the needle as a fighter, he chooses to cry racism. He can’t accept that Leon vs Colby would sell. Leon vs belal? Nobody’s paying sh** to see that. It’s that simple. But he’s one of the large group of idiots these days who just want to blame everything on race. F*** him.

I imagine he deleted it because it incensed people like you and Colby, and he didn't like the backlash.

When Colby cries and trolls, he's selling fights. When Belal cries and trolls, he's racist, and the people saying that are not "crying racism".

If you said the head of diversity and inclusion at UT got the job because he/she was black, would that be crying racism? It's not. Some people might say it is, but they're wrong, and you're just as wrong as they are. Also, don't you think Colby being a white MAGA troll is part of how he's become such a popular heel? I honestly can't think of another reason as to why a point-fighting wrestler with his resume would be so popular.

This is a ************ on a 9-fight streak without a loss, and still wanting the tough fights and he has a victim mentality? Gimme a break.

You guys are talking about Israel and who said what that hurt your feelings, and I'm realizing now that it was never about who deserves it.

Last edited:
I ask again, how do we feel about Belal and Colby now that we know Belal was saying yes to proving himself and Colby just waited for Dana to hand it to him? Who deserves the title shot now?

Colby is a coward ducker but Dana only cares about the money so it is what it is. I'd love it if title shots were based on merit but it's often not the case in this sport, or in most popular combat sports in general.

I imagine he deleted it because it incensed people like you and Colby, and he didn't like the backlash.

When Colby cries and trolls, he's selling fights. When Belal cries and trolls, he's racist, and the people saying that are not "crying racism".

If you said the head of diversity and inclusion at UT got the job because he/she was black, would that be crying racism? It's not. Some people might say it is, but they're wrong, and you're just as wrong as they are.

This is a ************ on a 9-fight streak without a loss, and still wanting the tough fights and he has a victim mentality? Gimme a break.

You guys are talking about Israel and who said what that hurt your feelings, and I'm realizing now that it was never about who deserves it.

Where did I say anything about Israel? Post it or don’t link me to that sh**. And yeah Colby trolls, that’s different than claiming someone is getting a shot due to being white. Pretty easy to see the difference there. And of course he’s catching hell over the tweet, it was dumb as fu**. He should catch hell for it. So many people these days blaming everything on race, all their problems or any shortcomings they have. Anyone who does this or has this mentality, be it belal, Colby, or you yourself is a fu***** idiot in my book. Belal isn’t getting the shot because he doesn’t sell, he’s boring and has the personality of a fu***** log. No one’s paying to watch him. But Leon vs Colby, that will sell. A lot easier to be a victim and claim it’s because Colby’s white though.

Colby is a coward ducker but Dana only cares about the money so it is what it is. I'd love it if title shots were based on merit but it's often not the case in this sport, or in most popular combat sports in general.

I don't think Dana picked Colby cause he's white and Belal's brown. And there is no way to conclude that Belal was even saying that. I mean to say that part of the draw to Colby is that he has amped up this white MAGA demographic that is strong in UFC fandom. So like you say, Dana's just looking at $$$ and that this guy is his friend (and that might be part of the white MAGA thing) and that's why he wanted this matchup. It is Dana White privilege, which is why it was such a good line.

This. It’s all about what sells. Michael chandler had one ufc fight ever and jumped right into a title shot. Jon jones first fight at heavyweight was him cutting in line for a direct title shot. Colby getting a shot vs Leon will be because it sells, not belal Muhammad.

Where did I say anything about Israel? Post it or don’t link me to that sh**. And yeah Colby trolls, that’s different than claiming someone is getting a shot due to being white. Pretty easy to see the difference there. And of course he’s catching hell over the tweet, it was dumb as fu**. He should catch hell for it. So many people these days blaming everything on race, all their problems or any shortcomings they have. Anyone who does this or has this mentality, be it belal, Colby, or you yourself is a fu***** idiot in my book. Belal isn’t getting the shot because he doesn’t sell, he’s boring and has the personality of a fu***** log. No one’s paying to watch him. But Leon vs Colby, that will sell. A lot easier to be a victim and claim it’s because Colby’s white though.

I lumped you in with the other guy talking about outside-the-octagon political agitation. I'm not saying you are the one that said "Israel"

This. It’s all about what sells. Michael chandler had one ufc fight ever and jumped right into a title shot. Jon jones first fight at heavyweight was him cutting in line for a direct title shot. Colby getting a shot vs Leon will be because it sells, not belal Muhammad.

I love the "it's what sells" point 3 pages into the conversation, as if we've needed this explanation. We have never been talking about the why. We have only been talking about what's right.

Also, I literally started the discussion talking about how McG jumped the line, and that Colby is not McG. Then we got somebody saying Bones. But Colby is not Bones. Chandler seems like a bad one. I don't recall all the details, but I know he was taking fights leading up to it at least. We all know this happens because of $, it's just pretty egregious in this case, and I care about who deserves what, not what makes Dana money.

Dana's not even setting matches so that he can hold out a guy whose peak is interim champ and give him his 3rd shot. **** that

Last edited:
I love the "it's what sells" point 3 pages into the conversation, as if we've needed this explanation. We have never been talking about the why. We have only been talking about what's right.

Also, I literally started the discussion talking about how McG jumped the line, and that Colby is not McG. Then we got somebody saying Bones. But Colby is not Bones. Chandler seems like a bad one. I don't recall all the details, but I know he was taking fights leading up to it at least. We all know this happens because of $, it's just pretty egregious in this case, and I care about who deserves what, not what makes Dana money.

Dana's not even setting matches so that he can hold out a guy whose peak is interim champ and give him his 3rd shot. **** that

So it’s all about what’s “right” to you? Then why the fu** did you suggest khamzat should get the shot? Go look at his resume, he has one win. That’s it. And spare me the excuse you have for Jon jones being the goat. It still isn’t “right” based on merit in the heavyweight division for him to jump everyone else and his first fight in the division be for the title. Where were you crying then? Seems more like if it’s someone you’re a fan of it’s fine, but if it’s someone you dislike such as Colby then we get you white knighting on here about what’s “right”. Spare me.

So it’s all about what’s “right” to you? Then why the fu** did you suggest khamzat should get the shot? Go look at his resume, he has one win. That’s it. And spare me the excuse you have for Jon jones being the goat. It still isn’t “right” based on merit in the heavyweight division for him to jump everyone else and his first fight in the division be for the title. Where were you crying then? Seems more like if it’s someone you’re a fan of it’s fine, but if it’s someone you dislike such as Colby then we get you white knighting on here about what’s “right”. Spare me.

I think most people who follow the sport probably believe Chimaev is the stronger fighter at this point in their careers, so "merit" can be not only resume but implied skill. Similarly Shavkat is probably ready for a title fight right now. Islam was probably ready for a title fight a few fights ago.

Btw, Michael chandler had 1 win in the ufc against Dan hooker. His next fight was for the title. So no, he wasn’t “taking fights” leading up to it.

I think most people who follow the sport probably believe Chimaev is the stronger fighter at this point in their careers, so "merit" can be not only resume but implied skill. Similarly Shavkat is probably ready for a title fight right now. Islam was probably ready for a title fight a few fights ago.

Sure, but his argument is about giving it to a fighter based on whats “right”, resume/wins. Khamzat looks the part, but his resume isn’t enough to validate a title shot over other guys in the division.

Chimaev is more deserving. We already talked about this. You're only counting wins and not losses. Why are you asking again? Chimaev is undefeated. He's more feared. His best win in the last 4 years is definitely better. And he hasn't had 2 failed chances to prove himself yet.

Pretend this is college football and a big $ program is getting the last playoff spot after losing to the only 2 great teams that they played, and the committee is taking them over a team that is undefeated and more feared.

Chimaev is more deserving. We already talked about this. You're only counting wins and not losses. Why are you asking again? Chimaev is undefeated. He's more feared. His best win in the last 4 years is definitely better. And he hasn't had 2 failed chances to prove himself yet.

Pretend this is college football and a big $ program is getting the last playoff spot after losing to the only 2 great teams that they played, and the committee is taking them over a team that is undefeated and more feared.

I disagree. He looked dominant against cans like Gerald meerschart and li jingliang. Against Gilbert burns a lot of people thought the fight could’ve been given to either guy. So again, a guy with one good win.

If you said the head of diversity and inclusion at UT got the job because he/she was black, would that be crying racism? It's not. Some people might say it is, but they're wrong, and you're just as wrong as they are. Also, don't you think Colby being a white MAGA troll is part of how he's become such a popular heel? I honestly can't think of another reason as to why a point-fighting wrestler with his resume would be so popular.

So we got us a left winger here.

I lumped you in with the other guy talking about outside-the-octagon political agitation. I'm not saying you are the one that said "Israel"

Belal can say what he wants this is a free country I am just pointing out that some people actually several people in this country do not share his opinion and that along with his inability to sell fights are why he's getting passed up.

Btw, Michael chandler had 1 win in the ufc against Dan hooker. His next fight was for the title. So no, he wasn’t “taking fights” leading up to it.

And at the end of the day making the most money is always right. Quit pissing and moaning take a long long long in the mirror and ask the tough question? Could it be because of me that I haven't been given a title shot? This is the fight business. Chael says everyone has a story just honestly tell that story in a very interesting way. That is so true.

VN Store

Back